• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgow 21

Calm Down ........Its really needs to be taken in context. If he goes all the best to him if he stays great. I am more worried about the staff in upper levels of our club seemingly repeating transfer negotiations dramas of previous years. We are now on season 2 episode one with FDJ "will he move or will he stay" or will a love interest from london ( Chelsea) jump in and sweep him of his feet. Tune IN.

Kopral Jono

I don't think Ronaldo will leave. After next season he surely will, though, regardless of our achievement (or lack thereof) on the pitch. Most likely back to Sporting.

TOKUGAWA-X

Supporters who didnt fall for ronaldo last season were called bad fans.

I am proud i never trusted this man, he only used us because no other team wanted him last season.

He ruined Oles progress and system, he disrupted the dressing room, he wanted the captaincy.

I want the club to sell him right away and start a new era with no divas.

This is our moment, lets embrace it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This just makes me sad.
He could stay in United during summer 2009 and it was him who said goodbye then tbh.

Now United need a goal machine with stamina for entire season which I won't deny, could be a challenge as big as building a midfield.

Nogbadthebad

I wouldn't lose sleep if he left, as long as we get a young promising striker in beforehand, we need a complete overhaul to start building for the future anyway and regardless of his undoubted greatness, Ronaldo isn't part of the long term future of the club anyway so now seems as good a time as any to lose him.
If he goes, it is almost certain we will end up with Martial or Rashford playing up front.

CloneMC16

As long as we get a replacement, I would be happy for him to leave. The club is basically Ronaldo FC with him here. You can't even drop him without so much bullshit. Ronaldo in a high press team isn't working. It will be easier for ETH to play the way he wants with a different #9.

Don't know who is going to buy him.

reddev3

He was beyond crap in the league until we got knocked out of the Champions league and only had to play one game a week which is why I was happy to have him for next season when we only qualified for the Europa league. That meant he would get to have a full weeks rest for every Prem game and play at a high level.

He was very good once he started getting his rest but even then he wasn't exactly world class, especially when you consider his mammoth wages.

You could argue once he started playing well at the tail end of the season he still struggled to be in the top 10 attackers in the league for that time.

Diaz, Mane, De Bruyne, Son, Kane, Maddison, Bowen and Kuluevski were all better than him and you could argue Richarlison and Vardy were just as good if not better over that time as well.

I wanted him to stay with the weekly rest he was going to get but if he wants to go he shouldn't be that hard to replace. With a bit of luck Bruno's level might go back up again with him gone as well, Even his unwavering penalties went to shit when Ronaldo was on the field.

Last edited:

Teja

It’s better for Utd to have just Bruno rather than Bruno and Ronaldo.

Bruno as false 9 is the way for Ten Hag.
Yeah I was only half joking. Bruno became kinda shit after Ronaldo came in - took his FKs, Pens, became the primary goal threat etc. It'll be good for Bruno to become the main man again. I do think he's capable of playing as a false 9 but the counter point that people here have brought up was that his link up / hold up play is no where near a proper false 9 like Firmino.

I also think we were planning on having an out and out #9 this season. Neither Sancho nor Antony are inside forwards that make runs in behind a false 9. We had Rashford + Greenwood who were good at that but neither is an option right now.

Links to Nunez / Haaland etc. are additional proof about our thinking there.

We'll be forced into signing a proper goal scoring forward if Ronaldo does leave.

justsomebloke

I wouldn't lose sleep if he left, as long as we get a young promising striker in beforehand, we need a complete overhaul to start building for the future anyway and regardless of his undoubted greatness, Ronaldo isn't part of the long term future of the club anyway so now seems as good a time as any to lose him.
Yes, but where are the funds going to come from for a striker of that kind of quality? The midfield + Malacia is going to eat up basically our whole transfer allocation, in addition to which we currently have three players to play on the flanks, no credible RB and we'll need a backup striker too unless we're prepared to rely on Martial.

As much as I think it would make sense to do exactly what you argue, I think Ronaldo leaving would really put us past a tipping point when it comes to assembling a squad that could credibly challenge for top 4 next season. Unless the owners are prepared to significantly up their investment.

cyberman

Yes, but where are the funds going to come from for a striker of that kind of quality? The midfield + Malacia is going to eat up basically our whole transfer allocation, in addition to which we currently have three players to play on the flanks, no credible RB and we'll need a backup striker too unless we're prepared to rely on Martial.

As much as I think it would make sense to do exactly what you argue, I think Ronaldo leaving would really put us past a tipping point when it comes to assembling a squad that could credibly challenge for top 4 next season. Unless the owners are prepared to significantly up their investment.
We have funds, it’s just a budget that’s set. I’m guessing the budget will be readjusted after this.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Another massive wage freed up but where are the goals going to come from now?
Probably from a whole host of players, just like they did in the season before last when United scored about 20 more league goals than they did last season.

Roboc7

Can’t blame him for wanting to leave if he can. It brings forward a problem that we are going to have anyway next summer but it’s very slim pickings in terms of finding a replacement and that’s if we even have the budget.

The fact it’s being briefed means a good chance he’s already found someone who will take him and this is just the start of him forcing his way out. ETH might not be that disappointed.

Teja

Just his wages (25M) + a 15-20M fee would cover a pretty decent striker. We have a freed up a lot of salary room, so it shouldn't be a problem.

But we have to make a panic buy - everyone knows we're desperate for a striker (so high prices) and we might not get our actual first choice.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Should never have signed him. A lot of people called it.

Giggsy13

I hope this is just Ronaldo with Mendes trying to put pressure on the club to bring in new signings. Not sure what level of ambition he expects moving to Roma or Napoli. He can help guide United back to the champions league and maybe a trophy this season. Whatever his motives, it’s an absolute shit thing to do when you have a new manager and structure in place trying to rebuild a broken club.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This just makes me sad.
That is pretty much how I feel as well.
It just underscores the dire state of our club.
Last season, he was primarily the stand out player because of his goals.
Hope he stays. And not sure any of the CL clubs going for him, except maybe Chelsea.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Nothing new here, it is expected. Mr Clutch, Mentality and Loves Challenges asking to leave if the team is not top tier, Juve and now United

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I hope this is just Ronaldo with Mendes trying to put pressure on the club to bring in new signings. Not sure what level of ambition he expects moving to Roma or Napoli. He can help guide United back to the champions league and maybe a trophy this season. Whatever his motives, it’s an absolute shit thing to do when you have a new manager and structure in place trying to rebuild a broken club.
Spoiler alert. It's not.

justsomebloke

Just his wages (25M) + a 15-20M fee would cover a pretty decent striker. We have a freed up a lot of salary room, so it shouldn't be a problem.

But we have to make a panic buy - everyone knows we're desperate for a striker (so high prices) and we might not get our actual first choice.
Yes, but we wouldn't be looking for a " a pretty decent striker". We'd be looking for a very good striker. And sorry, but I think it's fairly unrealistic to just assume the money's just going to turn up. I don't think it works that way. And the club made a loss last year.

NewYorkRed

Hmm this really has ruined my holiday weekend. If he leaves I really don’t know who we get to replace him. I really hope he stays.

Betson

If he wants to leave , which he clearly does then it is best he go soon and we are not in a will he/ wont he right up until the transfer window closes and he leaves on the last day of it.

But how many clubs will be interested if they have to match his current salary , he may have to take a pay cut to get a move.

cyberman

I fear that is rather too sanguine. But I live in hope.
I know it might not be the best way to look at it but say we get 10m, that’s 35 odd million saved for next season with wages included. I’m not expecting a big name but someone who presses from the front would vastly improve our team.

Tango80

We don't have to do anything. If we don't want to sell Ronaldo, we won't.

If we can replace him without the need to panic buy, we will. Simple.

justsomebloke

We don't have to do anything. If we don't want to sell Ronaldo, we won't.

If we can replace him without the need to panic buy, we will. Simple.
Not sure a disgruntled Ronaldo is going to do much for the dressing room atmosphere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He wouldn't suit whatever Ten Hag would want to implement anyway. He's best as an impact player with limited minutes at this point, and you need to carry him. It probably works out better if he's gone and we do a clean rebuild.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Should never have signed him. A lot of people called it.
It's just nostalgia and tribalism. Whether he stays or goes we know he's part of the problem even if he scores goals.

reddev3

He just wants to put more Champion league goals on his record and they are the best teams he can get bar maybe Chelsea? He isn't good enough for PSG, Bayern won't take him unless he were to play for peanuts as they could just play Mane up top if Lewa leaves as he's miles better. Real have Benzema, Liverpool/City have Nunez/Haaland, He's just left Juve, Spurs have Kane, Dortmund signed Haller, Inter just signed Lukaku and have martinez, Milan aren't going to pay his wages when they just won the league without him, Barcelona have Auba and are trying to sign Lewa who's better and then after that there isn't much left form the top 5 leagues. Even Athletico would probably prefer to play with Felix and Griezmann up top.

That only really leaves Chelsea, Napoli, Roma or Sevilla he could realistically go to.

Mainoldo

Not sure that his style is a hindrance. Haller is not exactly the most mobile forward and Ajax used him all season
I’m not going to debate the pro’s and con’s of CR7

Good luck to his backer’s.

I’m loving my life

Best thing is for him to go. He was only resigned to get social media/ money for the leeching owners. He’s still a legend, but symptomatic of our dire operations as a football club. Ten Hag should be able to build better not having to include him to profit the leeching owners

Greck

Were people really not ready for this possibility? I never bought that he was content to limit his ambitions for next season. We were simply deluding ourselves that he would not only do so but even be content to do it in a lesser role. He was still playing full matches towards the end of the season when there was little to play for, he isn't ready to take on lesser importance.

It's understandable from his point of view but for our fans it's also veery unfortunate because unlike the other wantaways he was actually extensively backed by the managers, fans and the club. We've done our bit. There's nothing to be gutted about.

Kopral Jono

Supporters who didnt fall for ronaldo last season were called bad fans.

I am proud i never trusted this man, he only used us because no other team wanted him last season.

He ruined Oles progress and system, he disrupted the dressing room, he wanted the captaincy.

I want the club to sell him right away and start a new era with no divas.

This is our moment, lets embrace it.
:lol:

Can I have some of what you're smoking, please?

diawl_coch

Saw this coming.

A good player, but all about him.

A mistake to bring him back and cost Ole his job.

Good luck though at Chelsea.

Ludens the Red

Have you been under a rock for the last few weeks?
Is this a joke or something? What exactly have the club done in the last few weeks that tells you it’s had a plan?
Pipped Lyon to a left back (when we have three already at the club) in a deal that we actually could probably have sorted in May?
Chased De Jong for two months?

The club earmarked Ten Haag in what January? Agreement reached “officially in April”… They’ve had basically all that time to sound out targets and get them in in time for the start of pre season. We already knew we weren’t going to be in the CL by April and we already knew 5:6 we’re leaving on frees.

We know how transfers work, let’s not play dumb here. You put your work in months before, you sound out the agent/club etc. you get your cards in order and you get your business done in time for your pre season tour. More so than ever we needed to get that done this season.

I mean the idea that Ten Haag agreed to join us and wouldn’t have wanted any new players to work with 5 days before the team flies out to the Far East for a pre season tour is laughable. And if it happens, which it has, it definitely isn’t by design or plan and is most certainly because of incompetence. And that’s the bottom line to all of this regardless of what happens from here.

We haven't done feck all. In literally a few days we will likely announce 3, maybe 4 very good signings for fecksake
There is absolutely no chance in hell that in “literally a few days” will we have announced three signings.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is this a joke or something? What exactly have the club done in the last few weeks that tells you it’s had a plan?
Pipped Lyon to a left back (when we have three already at the club) in a deal that we actually could probably have sorted in May?
Chased De Jong for two months?

The club earmarked Ten Haag in what January? Agreement reached “officially in April”… They’ve had basically all that time to sound out targets and get them in in time for the start of pre season. We already knew we weren’t going to be in the CL by April and we already knew 5:6 we’re leaving on frees.

We know how transfers work, let’s not play dumb here. You put your work in months before, you sound out the agent/club etc. you get your cards in order and you get your business done in time for your pre season tour. More so than ever we needed to get that done this season.

I mean the idea that Ten Haag agreed to join us and wouldn’t have wanted any new players to work with 5 days before the team flies out to the Far East for a pre season tour is laughable. And if it happens, which it has, it definitely isn’t by design or plan and is most certainly because of incompetence. And that’s the bottom line to all of this regardless of what happens from here.

There is absolutely no chance in hell that in “literally a few days” will we have announced three signings.
You're a bit dim if you think we haven't been fruitful in Ten Hags shortlisted players. Weve done very well to agree the fees we have and look likely to have 4-5 solid players before the end of the window. 3-4 of which would be in most of our pre season.

Crashoutcassius

who is going to sign him lads? he wants to play at the top level he says, so a short list of 5-6 clubs. which will pay him 500k and actually want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.