Ronaldo to pay 15 millions for tax fraud

FujiVice

It would be like Christmas morning every day if you were in jail and Cristiano was your cell mate. I've seen the 90s TV show Oz. He'd be in a dress and lipstick before he unpacked his toilet bag.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Out of all articles on the subject you chose that rubbish?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not big until charges are pressed. When new information come into light, they are looked into. The tax authorities have been looking into his finances but that doesn't mean he's dodging taxes. If the prosecute him it means he probably has.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is there anyone in Spain's top flight not guilty of this!?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Has he been found guilty or is this just an investigation ?

ReallyUSA

It would be like Christmas morning every day if you were in jail and Cristiano was your cell mate. I've seen the 90s TV show Oz. He'd be in a dress and lipstick before he unpacked his toilet bag.
Lol I think it's just American prisons that do that sort of thing.

AshfordLad

No way, it a fecking spanish prison, Ronaldo would probably end up being the bubba.:lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good, I'm bored of seeing Madrid win everything.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The "Beckham Law" tax regulations were in place when he signed for Madrid. Because of that he was treated as not tax resident in Spain until a couple of years ago. Consequently he was only taxed in Spain on his Spanish earnings and only taxed on those Spanish earnings at a reduced rate (about half the normal one).

His earnings from Real Madrid were taxed at source as normal. It's other earnings generated in Spain that the tax office is chasing. The Spanish tax authorities have to prove two things - the proportion of his image rights income that was really from Spain, and that those Spanish earnings were earnings for him as an individual, rather than for his image rights company.

It's not an easy case to bring, which usually means a deal gets done outside court. Whether that's what will happen this time or they decide they need a trial as a warning to others, we shall see.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol:

Even in dodging taxes it's Ronaldo vs Messi.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It´s good to see that Cristiano and Messi have steeped in the national culture

Cloud7

Can't wait for the people who come in and say that just because there are legal loopholes to try and avoid paying your taxes that makes it ok and not morally wrong.

Disgusting that people who make these obscene amounts of money don't want to fulfill their duty to society, so much of which would be used to help those less fortunate than them.

Red Star One

You can see why everyone was desperate to go play in Spain. Thankfully they were caught.
Being caught is not really a problem for them, sentences below 2 years won't send you to jail. Messi got something like 21 months but he's fine.
Disgusting behaviour. You won't hide that with charities.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Super rich person in tax dodging scheme shocker.

Let's be honest, who worth millions hasn't ?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is Spain's tax code super Byzantine or do they just not have any decent accountants over there?

Tiber

42% tax on the amount he's on, I doubt you wouldn't do it knowing you won't go to jail.
If I was rich every penny I owned would be stashed somewhere in the virgin islands. Alas, I remain firmly in the "make the rich pay more" side of the spectrum

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
They need to actually put one of these people in jail for a while to show they mean business.