Ronaldo to pay 15 millions for tax fraud

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
It's said that someone snitched in 2014 that he(Mendes) was being investigated by corruption and later he tried to fix his situation.
According to AS, Modric and Bale will be the next.All the players that came from England and didn't inform Hacienda about these companies abroad.
So Spain is like the Yankees, they want to know if I own shit in Portugal even if I already owned the properties before coming to US. We need taxes but everything has a limit and some countries spit out capitalism and freedom to the world when they are worse than the tax collectors from the kings of the 17th century

barros

Maybe Ronaldo will be found guilty, maybe not, all in all that's for a court of law to decide. I've seen a journalist already jumping on the band waggon and without giving the man the benefit of a doubt, he called him this or that. No need to wait for an actual verdict, new world, i guess.

Well, i'm happy that Ronaldo isn't a person who gives in to bullies and decided to take action, which resulted in taking it to court, despite his employer telling him otherwise. As far as i understand the complex situation, he paid his taxes for his image rights fully after UK law. I really think Ronaldo is a decent person, hopefully he can prove his innocence and sue the people who already call him a criminal. If he's found guilty, he has to pay dues, but i don't think Ronaldo made any mistakes.

In the end, we could be talking about a legal precedent: If he loses millions could be at stake for footballers, Spanish government would have hit the jackpot, but otherwise tables could turn and footballers would come after the Spanish government. But that's a bit early to tell, we'll have to wait.

Good read!
http://gestifute.com/following-the-public-prosecutor-complaint/?lang=en
I do trust Ronaldo but I don't trust Mendes and a football player doesn't know shit about taxes and that's a problem when an accounting firm does things illegally.

barros

Maybe Ronaldo will be found guilty, maybe not, all in all that's for a court of law to decide. I've seen a journalist already jumping on the band waggon and without giving the man the benefit of a doubt, he called him this or that. No need to wait for an actual verdict, new world, i guess.

Well, i'm happy that Ronaldo isn't a person who gives in to bullies and decided to take action, which resulted in taking it to court, despite his employer telling him otherwise. As far as i understand the complex situation, he paid his taxes for his image rights fully after UK law. I really think Ronaldo is a decent person, hopefully he can prove his innocence and sue the people who already call him a criminal. If he's found guilty, he has to pay dues, but i don't think Ronaldo made any mistakes.

In the end, we could be talking about a legal precedent: If he loses millions could be at stake for footballers, Spanish government would have hit the jackpot, but otherwise tables could turn and footballers would come after the Spanish government. But that's a bit early to tell, we'll have to wait.

Good read!
http://gestifute.com/following-the-public-prosecutor-complaint/?lang=en
After I read the link I think any player who came from UK is fecked.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I do trust Ronaldo but I don't trust Mendes and a football player doesn't know shit about taxes and that's a problem when an accounting firm does things illegally.
Woah

As you said is not a matter of trust in someone, "an example has to be set" so others don't do the same, right?
Why aren't they going after any Spanish players?
They went
http://www.diariogol.com/es/notices...o-lupa-a-xavi-iniesta-puyol-y-pique-45385.php
http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notic...as-regularizan-situacion-con-hacienda-3645818

Xavi has already endorsed a huge amount to Hacienda to reach some kind of agreement, Casillas settled at 2M, Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta... even Michel Salgado, they were all looked into the tax fraud thing. This goes beyond football too, Pedrosa, Nadal, Jorge Lorenzo... they all had to reach agreements with Hacienda settling for millions (Pedrosa has to pay so much that he's not able to do it I think).

If we are to believe Xavi, clubs have been handling image right payments wrong for years, and its just coming into the light now that the war started

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...valar-una-cantidad-importante-a-hacienda.html

The problem with all of this, is that politics between Real Madrid/Barcelona started a war that's claiming Messi and Ronaldo's heads, Mascherano and Xabi Alonso did almost the same thing, and their taxes were done by the same people, but judges were harsh with Mascherano and he decided to end the whole thing by settling and accepting months of prison without having to enter it.

But as Mascherano was being paraded in the Spanish media and screwed by judges, Xabi Alonso was taking it easy. The Madrid local prosecution argued that Alonso was innocent and they didn't need to go after Alonso, but they had to after a bigger instance forced them, then the ¿Spanish public prosecutor? took disciplinary actions against the chief prosecutor in Madrid, the chief prosecutor had to present the arguments against Xabi Alonso and his work was having another employee fill a 5 line text, when Hacienda presented a complete and extense 30 page appeal, so Madrid's Chief Prosecutor was accused of doing a poor job on purpose

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notic...al-jefe-madrid-xabi-alonso-mascherano-6006414

Add to that things like the ¿State bar? wanting to present criminal charges against Messi when the DA wanted him acquitted, the ties between the guys wanting the criminal charges having worked for RM/Florentino and you have a bomb.

I'm almost sure this whole Ronaldo thing would've ended in nothing had it not for the football leaks thing that stirred public opinion and forced someone's hand to act in something that was being managed behind the curtain, now it just seems like open war between guys who coudl've been pressured by Florentino trying to cover things, and other workers overzealous to make justice because they've seen the corruption and now have been presented with a chance to do what they thought they couldn't do months or years ago.

My personal opinion, this is a circus, Spanish athletes have been screwing with they taxes from the 90's as lons as I can remember, but when this reached our "holy trinity" (RM, Barcelona and the National Team) this went to the next level, there was pressure to set an example of Messi and to tarnish his image with a prison sentence when a lot of other players were just quietly settling their debts, now with Ronaldo this is just spinning out of control.

And Spanish players won't be judged by the media because they have powerful friends there and Spain tends to protect our "national heroes", remember the Puerto doping that the Spanish government closed shamelessly to prevent a huge turmoil? We're just a corrupt country, don't try to find logic in our actions

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This magazin 'der Spiegel' really hates Ronaldo. Remember the rape accusations, nothing came from it. Let's see what an actual court of law will decide...

Wilt

Don't worry Ronnie, Manchester United will pay your fine .....just sign here on the dotted line.