Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Wears his heart on his sleeve obviously. Doesn't wear his brain anywhere.

Let's be honest. He's not the sharpest tool in the box is he. We see him every day on Jeremy Kyle.

Bless him.

p_ps_sock

looked obvious he was talking to the cameraman who was probably asking him to kiss the camera. I'd tell him to feck off too.

Chabon

No less than half of Radio Five's match summary just now was about Rooney swearing. Every single sports journalist needs firing into the fecking sun.

twitter thread suggester
To be fair, it did take quite a bit away from his hattrick.
I kind of wish the game had ended 2-2 so we would have been spared from having those strong and hurtful words inflicted upon us.

Brophs

The One and Only
What a bunch of fecking cnuts. Let's take all the passion out of the game, shall we? Don't want to offend the corporates.

Number7

Ret's Slave
The five live match report said this overshadowed our win

Eriku

To be fair, it did take quite a bit away from his hattrick.
I kind of wish the game had ended 2-2 so we would have been spared from having those strong and hurtful words inflicted upon us.
omfg r u serious?!?!?!?

Brophs

The One and Only
The five live match report said this overshadowed our win
And that is why siblings shouldn't be allowed to feck, have children and then allow those children to get jobs on the radio.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
FA are going to investigate. Reckon he'll get a ban. Especially since they failed to punish him for the elbow which will no doubt be brought up a million times this week. :rolleyes:

Wayne Rooney could be in hot water with the Football Association after millions of viewers heard the Manchester United swearing directly into a television camera during their match at West Ham.

Rooney uttered an audible expletive following the completion of his hat-trick at Upton Park, which helped United come from 2-0 down to win 4-2.

The lunchtime Barclays Premier League game was beamed around the world by Sky Sports and Rooney's outburst prompted an on-air apology from the broadcasters.

The FA confirmed they would examine footage of the incident but it was unclear what action, if any, they would take.

"We will look at it," a spokesman said.

"We obviously don't condone foul and abusive language."

It is understood taking action over a player swearing at a camera during a game may be unprecedented.

But there does appear to be provision for sanction in the FA's own rules about behaviour, which state: "A participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour."

Rooney upset England fans during last summer's World Cup when he turned to a television camera and verbally attacked them at the end of the dismal goalless draw with Algeria.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They can't possibly take action against him for that. Players swear on the pitch hundreds of times every match, they'd have to start banning players to such an extent that no club would be able to field a team.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
They can't possibly take action against him for that. Players swear on the pitch hundreds of times every match, they'd have to start banning players to such an extent that no club would be able to field a team.
You know how it works with Wayne. There will be a media shitstorm in the next week.

Everyone will bring up the whole Wigan elbow thing again and the FA will be forced into taking action. They don't want to be seen as weak.

Cnuts. The lot of them.

ashy7

Won't get a ban. You can't set a precedent like that. The FA 'look at' loads of incidents, but really can't see anything happening.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Won't get a ban. You can't set a precedent like that. The FA 'look at' loads of incidents, but really can't see anything happening.
Yea I reckon so too.

Remember Gerrard giving a ref the V's? Nothing came of that which was considerably worse considering Rooney wasn't really aiming abuse at anyone.

Chabon

He'll get a warning about his future conduct or some shit. How anyone can pretend there isn't an anti-United agenda amongst sections of the media is beyond me, they just trailed 606 and the entire thing was essentially "WAYNE ROONEY IS A DISGRACE, PHONE IN AND TELL US HOW MUCH OF A DISGRACE HE IS!"

ashy7

I wouldn't put anything beyond that bunch of incompetent lunatics.
Wouldn't put anything past them either, but just can't see it happening. They would literally have to ban every singe player that swears, in every single game. Pretty much every match would get abandoned every week.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Yea I reckon so too.

Remember Gerrard giving a ref the V's? Nothing came of that which was considerably worse considering Rooney wasn't really aiming abuse at anyone.
Look you are expecting common sense to prevail. However this is very unlikely when Rooney is involved. Theres always a shitstorm when he is involved.

ashy7

Yea I reckon so too.

I agree with that. The fact that he wasn't directly swearing at the ref/linesman/opposition fans should mean he'll be alright.

CR#7

FA can have a look all they want lord knows what he was saying with that scouse accent :lol:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
A passionate reaction to a great comeback.....not even news worthy. Yet our stalinesque overlords at the FA will have yet another anti utd witch hunt. I fecking hate the FA and the Media,

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Look you are expecting common sense to prevail. However this is very unlikely when Rooney is involved. Theres always a shitstorm when he is involved.
:lol: I know expecting common sense from the FA is optimistic at times, but I don't think even they could be stupid enough to open what is without doubt a massive can of worms by penalising somebody from swearing.

If it was aimed at the ref then I could understand it, but not just generally swearing.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
:lol::lol: seriously?!
I shit you not. It's incredible radio.

Wouldn't put anything past them either, but just can't see it happening. They would literally have to ban every singe player that swears, in every single game. Pretty much every match would get abandoned every week.
Yes, completely agree with this.

I can see a possible fine and a warning.