Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

Aaron

Bless him. Well if stories of you paying one prostitute to watch the other give you a blow job isn't going to embarrass your parents Wayne, I wouldn't be too concerned about saying 'feck' on the telly.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Wears his heart on his sleeve obviously. Doesn't wear his brain anywhere.

Let's be honest. He's not the sharpest tool in the box is he. We see him every day on Jeremy Kyle.

Bless him.
In terms of footie intelligence he's top notch. Who gives a shit about the rest?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This is fecking silly now, why not just ban passion from the game and have done with it.

The FA will compromise of course and just ban United from all future events, including two-for-one meal deals at Pizza Hut.

mkecane

It's a scouse haiku
:lol:

If the media don't like to see/hear what players feel and say on the pitch, they shouldn't be putting cameras with microphones 3' from a player when he's on the pitch. feck off, media whiners.

:lol: Are they serious?

It's just a bit of passion on display, admittedly using the wrong choice of words down the camera. He's apologised for it so any punishment is likely to be very minor unless the ABU brigade don't let this die. Give him a warning letter reminding him of his responsibilities and that should be the end of it.

Brophs

The One and Only
There's a wonderful irony in what Stan saying. 'Why does he need people to watch him doing that?'

Same question to you, Stan.

Eriku

:lol:

didn't realise the British were this uptight about swearing? listening to the talksport discussion and I feel like an alien... we don't want to hear footballers swear into the camera? I've lost me head after scoring, but why the need to swear?

Jaysus... why not ask the other question: why is swearing such a no-no, especially if it's not directed at anybody or conveying anything despicable?

they're just looking for a talking point, I assume.

EvilChuck

:lol: The way Stan Collymore was talking you'd think Rooney grabbed the camera from the cameraman or had called a press conference to start swearing at the world, rather than the cameraman shoving it into his face.

I didnt think any of it at the time, and still dont. I was surprised that this has been one of the main talking points of the game, but am not surprised that now that it is being made a big deal of the media want to ban Rooney.

Stan Collymore taking the moral high ground is quite surreal.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just nipped out and had 606 on in the car, I hope Savage twists his ankle climbing down on that high horse. Unbelievable.

Feedingseagulls

Oh do feck off making it an issue of nationality :rolleyes:
Does he have 'previous'? Because that seems unusually sensitive.

It is the British media who are telling us that it is unacceptable in 'our' (ie British) society... and British people who are commenting in a 'holier than thou' manner in and to the media.