Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

RedLars

DTGuardian: Surprised Rooney has been charged, and can now see only one outcome: a two or three-match ban #MUFC

Neo_Mufc

UNBELIEVABLE !

I mean seriously....

He should just fecking retire from England. Stick two fingers up at the FA. To which they'll charge him for, of course.
He'd probably get a fine for that too

Commadus

Attempted leg break its ok just a yellow.

An awful ref its ok we ban the Manager for 5 games.

Swear at our player constantly and he responds its 2 games ban.

This is beyond a coincidence.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Is it official he's facing a 2 match ban. Nothing on the fa site or is it just the usual press hysteria?

Kelvin

Well done you fecking press FA have bow down to you, fecking bastards...

Rahul

Why is it, he looked down the camera and swore at viewers, its hardly the same as just swearing on the pitch. He was in the wrong here and we need to except that, although as with the elbow, I don't agree with the over reactions.
Two completely different scenario's. Rooney's outburtst was in a cusp of a moment after a game-winning goal. Players always do crazy shit when they score goals. Yes, he swore. But he apologised STRAIGHT after , and that should be the end of it. How many times do you hear swearing after a goal ? Or players mouthing " GTFI ". Quite a lot.

Drogba went OUT of his way to get to the camera, stare down the lens, and say "fecking Disgrace " to which he didn't apologise for , or at least not in the same timeframe in which Rooney released his statement.

Although the FA's decision to charge Rooney was , as Drogba would say , A fecking disgrace.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
According to BBC if he accepts he gets a two match ban. feck knows what'll happen if he appeals.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
The 2 match ban sounds about right. What planet are you lot living on if you think it is acceptable for a footballer at the highest level to stick his face in front of a camera and venomously shout expletives at it, in the knowledge that is is being broadcast to millions of people around the world?

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Two completely different scenario's. Rooney's outburtst was in a cusp of a moment after a game-winning goal. Players always do crazy shit when they score goals. Yes, he swore. But he apologised STRAIGHT after , and that should be the end of it. How many times do you hear swearing after a goal ? Or players mouthing " GTFI ". Quite a lot.

Drogba went OUT of his way to get to the camera, stare down the lens, and say "fecking Disgrace " to which he didn't apologise for , or at least not in the same timeframe in which Rooney released his statement.

Although the FA's decision to charge Rooney was , as Drogba would say , A fecking disgrace.
And I'm pretty sure Drogba's remarks were in reference to disgraceful refereeing, which as we've seen is frowned upon.

Kelvin

Do we still want to appeal even if if chances of the appeal being a success is low, but to accept this is just so wrong.....

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
The 2 match ban sounds about right. What planet are you lot living on if you think it is acceptable for a footballer at the highest level to stick his face in front of a camera and venomously shout expletives at it, in the knowledge that is is being broadcast to millions of people around the world?
He didn't stick his face in front of the camera. The cameraman came up to him.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I know Rooney loves playing for England but I think it would be great for him to announce that he's not appealing the Charge but also announce he's retiring for International Football.

I mean lets face it, he's not going to win anything with England anyway so whats the point?

Joke of a decision by a joke of an organisation.

Shimo

Not surprised at all and now I see shorts is changing his tune to well he deserves it.

And even not being surprised am livid because I can't fathom how match after match there are players swearing left right and center that is evident for all on TV to see but, they've actually gone ahead with it.

More of a joke decision because they didn't ban him from England games after swearing at the World Cup when even more millions of kids were watching.

They are an absolute joke of an organization and sincerely hope Rooney has the balls to pull his image rights from the FA.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Atleast he'll be fresh for the Chelsea return leg

feck the FA

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Wayne Rooney has been charged by the Football Association over his foul-mouthed celebration during the 4-2 win over West Ham on Saturday.

The Manchester United striker was heard by millions using the F-word twice in his angry outburst at a TV camera, which came after he had completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot.

That led to a flood of complaints from viewers and calls for him to be punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

And the FA have now responded by taking action against the 25-year-old, charging him with using offensive, insulting and/or abusive language.

Rooney has until 6pm tomorrow to respond to the charge and, if he decides to accept it, will be hit with a two-match suspension.

Alternatively, Rooney can appeal against the charge and have his case heard at a hearing on Wednesday.

Eugenius

Rooney should refuse to cooperate with any commercial FA activities. That'll cost them more than the fine he'll get in addition to the ban.

Completely inconsistent fecktards at the FA, and I'm further thinking of the Amsterdam tournament red card a few seasons ago.

LARulz

According to the BBC it's a definite 2-match ban unless he appeals - and he'd have to appear on Wed before playing Chelsea!!
If they give him a ban it could fire him up even more for the Chelsea game. He could either play a blinder or get sent off in the first five minutes

Brophs

The One and Only
What's worse is he'll be the only player done for something like this this season. The difference being him looking into the camera instead of looking a few yards away. The media is leading the FA by the nose. Proud day for them.

Feedingseagulls

The cameraman stuck the camera into Rooney's face as he celebrated - wedged in position by his team-mates. Not the same.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
:lol:

This is a fecking joke right?

Sir A1ex

feck me, how desperate are the FA to try and derail our season?

A fine would be fair enough, but since when does a player get a two match ban for swearing?

Who the feck is in charge here, the FA or the tabloids?

Neutral

BTV
The real world...where cameras every weekend show fans mouthing and signing the same sentiments at players/referees/opposition fans....

Sanitized fecking bullshit.

Wayne fecking Rooney is not my idol, kids all over the world knew those words long before he uttered them.

I wish Rooney would quit playing for England. What is the point? why not chill over the summer, and during international breaks, instead of playing for a media and a FA that are completely spineless and lacking in perspective.

Let them wank over and then pull down some other new golden boy.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
He didn't stick his face in front of the camera. The cameraman came up to him.
He chose to stare into it and address it in the way he did.

What he did was not normal behaviour, and I can't see how anyone can consider it acceptable.