Rooney is finished

Is Rooney done at the required level?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A weeks rest and we get that performance?

How many fans are left supporting him now?

Can we get a poll? We know the journalists read this forum, they need a clear message on fan opinion.

hp88

He's our Gerrard, he's will play until his contract is up, he ain't going anywhere.

Name Changed

weso26
I just cannot understand why he is allowed play after bad performance after bad performance. That was the worst yet.

Bojan11

He needs to replace Schweinsteiger as our social ambassador.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I would say he's finished but we were still sub-par without him against Feyenoord, so I think the problems run deeper than Rooney.

binary bot
It's not even like you can argue for his performances. It's all the obvious stuff like continuously getting caught in position, constantly giving the ball away and having little output to justify it.

DevilRed

I think it genuinely would do him good to be benched.

It takes him out the firing line and who knows he might fight his way back in.

We need mobility behind Ibra. Having Rooney and Felaini is the exact opposite. Throw on Herrera and Schneiderlin already. Pogba playing higher up with less defensive duties will do us wonders.

Castia

It's one thing that he starts but what makes it worse is he rarely ever gets taken off, what the feck do managers see in him.

binary bot
I would say he's finished but we were still sub-par without him against Feyenoord, so I think the problems run deeper than Rooney.
He started today on the basis that he's Wayne Rooney. There was three players on the bench who are better midfielders than him. If a player is starting based on who they are rather than on ability and contribution to the team then you've got a serious problem.

VanGaalEra

Just had enough of him, makes me hate Moyes more and more for gifting him that contract back into the club.

Incompetent dick of a man Moyes was.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Baffling. Imagine Barca/Bayern/Real Madrid playing this Rooney week in week out.

criticalanalysis

Great thread and I'm not even being sarcastic.

There's doesn't really need to be anymore posts in here.

It's a fact, not an opinion i.e it doesn't warrant even being discussed.

Sylar

He was finished as a starter in fergies final year imo.
Now its just painful.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's much more reasonable getting a sub par performance from a disjointed team of squad players, playing in a cup which we've always had difficulty getting motivated for. It might not be acceptable.

But for what we've had to endure with Rooney, for a consistent while now....Jesus.

Gopher Brown

Where was he even playing today? The commentators said in the midfield 3, but I could see him anywhere consistently

Raw

Can someone please tell me what he's good at exactly? What are his best attributes?

Because as far as I can tell he's dog shit at anything except throwing his arms up at the ref screaming handball every time a ball hits an opponent.

KingCantona87

He isn't the sole cause of all of United's problems but he is a large part of it.

1) He is not a leader, never once shown any possible hint to me that he can lead the side and motivate players on the pitch

2) His passing is nothing short of dreadful.

3) The rest of the team has to accommodate his "needs" and it is so evident it is killing the team.

I know I am clutching at straws here but I honestly feel he is undermining what the manager does.

Dumbat12

He dropped Casilas only a few seasons ago. Dropped Terry.

He is nervous of a revolt.
I know he did, that's why this is so bizarre. Everyone can see Rooney is shite. At this rate he may get sacked before there is a revolt, so he better hurry with his decision on what's best for him and the club.

Djemba-Djemba

It annoys me it took some of you this long to realise this. It's been fecking obvious for at least 2 years that he was finished.

Heinzesight

If he starts for us in our next PL game, it's a disgrace. feck his contract if it's in there he has to play, break the contract and pay the shit bastard off. He's a shit stain on the club now and EVERYONE can see it. The sight of him in the shirt is embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.