Rooney is finished

Is Rooney done at the required level?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goin4glory

Baffling. Imagine Barca/Bayern/Real Madrid playing this Rooney week in week out.
The difference between those clubs and us is shocking. Barca were Spanish champions and most people had them as one of the best sides ever but when they had the chance to upgrade Sanchez/Pedro they did so with no problem because Neymar/Suarez were simply better, imagine the luxury of selling Alexis Sanchez to sign Neymar, while we trot out Rooney every week as a CM, madness.

AndyJ1985

He's been finished at this level for years. Unfortunately it's taken years for the majority to come to that conclusion. I'm genuinely sick of the sight of him. He's fecking garbage.

MrBest

I swear there are about a hundred threads like this spanning over the years!

Says it all really, everyone knows he's rubbish apart from every stupid manager we have had over the last 5 years. Crap player and literally wasting my breathe.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's ridiculous that he's still getting starts based off one slightly better performance he does every 15 games. He's fecking atrocious, and while not being the entirety of United's problems, him still playing key roles every game illustrates exactly why we're having so many problems - people not making the right decisions for the right reasons.

Said this twice already but worst performance I've seen from a United player.

M16Red

We deserve failure for starting him every game. Like playing with 10 men.
I'd prefer it, someone else to take the corners. With him not there he can't feck it up or slow the play down

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He has to have an iron-clad clause in his contract about playing time. I refuse to believe that three managers now just don't see what everyone else does.

Eriku

Nailed-on starter, while the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger is relegated to the reserves.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He dropped Casilas only a few seasons ago. Dropped Terry.

He is nervous of a revolt.
He'll get a revolt from some of Rooney's mates in the press, we'll start to hear stories of "bizarre training methods" and we'all hear about what we're missing that "Rooney brings to the table". At this point I can't see the dressing room backing him. He's so detrimental to our play you can see how fraustrated Ibra and Pogba were getting with him and when Mata came on and played so much closer to their box things started to happen.

AgentP

He dropped Casilas only a few seasons ago. Dropped Terry.

He is nervous of a revolt.
It will be more of a celebration. Most of the fans are fed up with Rooney already. Even his own team mates must be pissed with him playing shit football and still being guaranteed a starting spot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The difference between those clubs and us is shocking. Barca were Spanish champions and most people had them as one of the best sides ever but when they had the chance to upgrade Sanchez/Pedro they did so with no problem because Neymar/Suarez were simply better, imagine the luxury of selling Alexis Sanchez to sign Neymar, while we trot out Rooney every week as a CM, madness.
Bayern saw Schweinsteiger's decline and immediately sold him. Need to be far more ruthless with underperforming players.

bdecuc

Oh how standards have dropped. 3 years ago he stopped being an elite footballer. And we're still playing him. We're still playing him.

Won't be successful at anything in life if you pig-headedly refuse to face reality.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should be dropped for a while, but that will never happen. And he has been finished for a while now, Rooney is Mr Untouchable though.

WyoManU

Yes, not only is he finished now...he has been finished for years but continues to play regularly.

Varun

Staff
He survived 90mins after that performance and will start the next game.

Someone like Herrera was the best man on the pitch last game and wasn't even brought on today.

We deserve what we're getting.

Jackylad

Can someone please tell me what he's good at exactly? What are his best attributes?

Because as far as I can tell he's dog shit at anything except throwing his arms up at the ref screaming handball every time a ball hits an opponent.
Long balls out to the flanks, chatting with the referee every time we concede a free kick, standing over the ball before someone else takes a freekick.

Not bad for north of £250k per week?

van Persie

Get him the feck away from the club before he pass Charlton as the top scorer. That record belongs to a legend.

On second note, him scoring 3 more this season :lol:

ZAGREB RED

Surely the breaking point with Rooney has to come soon. Slow, awkward, poor first touch, contributes little or nothing really. To be fair he wasn't the only one today, that was beyond belief at times. Embarrassing is the word.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was finished a few years ago. As I said in the match day thread, I honestly reckon he'd look shite in the Chinese league. It's actually mental that he's still one of the first names on the team sheet. Jose really needs to make a statement and leave him out of squad altogether.

JonDahl

Moyes guaranteed him playing time in his contract because he was afraid of losing him. It's fecked us. Only way Rooney stops playing for us is when he's sold.

JohnnyKills

Someone should ask Mourinho:

1. Is there a clause in Rooney's contract
2. Has there been a directive from on high

But noone will, unless one of the players comes out and says it or there is a leak to support either of the two theories above

Heinzesight

If the club are worried that you can't drop the main man due to marketing, fans switching off will certainly lose us a few £££

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Moyes guaranteed him playing time in his contract because he was afraid of losing him. It's fecked us. Only way Rooney stops playing for us is when he's sold.
If that's the case, why didn't Jose sell him? I don't believe that theory

Triple.Threat

it isn't surprising anymore to loose a game or to perform badly when I see his name in the starting lineup. I expected nothing more than another poor performance from the whole team.

his horrible corners, messing up easy chances, killing our build up play and league one standards first touch.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
That's it. His contract says we can't sell until he breaks the record. We play him hoping he'll do it and then we can feck him off.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Today's loss might actually force Mourinhos hand now on the Rooney issue.

Bole Top

you can't call someone "finished" just because he can't pass, cross, shoot or dribble and he's completely useless.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's been shot physically since the start of last season, and it's fairly obvious if you watch him on a regular basis.

Technically, as in on the ball and in front of goal, he's okay when given time to think. The problem is that his physical game has just deteriorated far, far too much for his positives to be enough. And it's not new either; it's been the case since the start of last season. If a player looks slow, lethargic and isn't quick to react, looks like this for a while, is hitting their 30s and isn't injured, it's quite possible that the said player is just past their physical prime. Rooney's been going since he was 16-years old too and often played a very high intensity game as a player, which will have contributed.

MAME DIOUF 32

For once I'll give him a little backing here by saying that he was far from being the only problem today. But he was awful and is long finished.

binary bot
Substituting him would suggest that, but he stayed on the pitch despite being one of the worst players on it. Ill be shocked if he's not in the starting line-up next week.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd be extremely disappointed if Mourinho doesn't take action on Rooney soon. He's given him some chances this season and while Rooney's made some useful goal contributions, it's clear that his overall game just isn't good enough for the top level anymore. Mourinho has added other big personalities to the dressing room in Pogba and Ibra, and should be capable of dropping Rooney.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Where was he even playing today? The commentators said in the midfield 3, but I could see him anywhere consistently
What he does is pick up space in the most cowardly possible fashion.

Great midfielders pick up space in the most dangerous of areas, they find little pockets and hurt the opposition.

Rooney's idea of picking up space is literally finding empty areas of the pitch so he can get on the ball with no pressure. That position could be left back, right wing, between the centre backs or deep in midfield when everyone else is pushed forward. He melts if he's pressed and gives the ball away so spends the entire game trying to find somewhere get can get the ball with acres of space and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.