Rooney is finished

Is Rooney done at the required level?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redmeister

I wonder if hair loss medication has ruined him. I know that sounds ridiculous but if you look into it, it's really not that crazy. For some people it effects them mentally and physically as it lowers DHT which is a powerful androgen hormone. For people who have bad side effects from it, it's like the opposite of taking steroids. Some say they are weaker in the gym and can't think as effectively. Rooney has looked physically and mentally different for a few years now. He declined so quickly at a young age. He's not like Michael Owen who had some terrible injuries. Rooney seems to have lost his touch, it's as if his focus is no longer there.

Revan

Assumptionman
Of course he is. I think that Mourinho and nick are the only people who can't see it. I genuinely think that he wouldn't start for any other EPL team, he is that bad.

Mourinho's spell will be defined by this decision. If he continued being a coward, he won't get a second year. It is clear that Ed doesn't give an another season if you don't reach UCL, and it is clear that we won't get top 4 with Rooney starting.

If Mourinho starts him next week, then I hope we do something about Mourinho in the first place. This is worse than Liverpool and Gerrard, it simply must not be tolerated anymore.

drdoityourself

Not only finished at the highest level overall, he also finishes phases of attacking pressure earlier than others, most players wait for the referee to blow the whistle but he's prepared to give up just so he can have a proper go at the ref.

Bojan11

Is Mourinho blaming Rooney for not pressing in the second goal?

Triple.Threat

one of him or Jose will survive

a) Jose bench Rooney

or

b) Rooney keeps on playing and Jose is done

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People have been complaining about Rooney for a while but this really does seem like the end point. If he isn't dropped now then when?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
What he does is pick up space in the most cowardly possible fashion.

Great midfielders pick up space in the most dangerous of areas, they find little pockets and hurt the opposition.

Rooney's idea of picking up space is literally finding empty areas of the pitch so he can get on the ball with no pressure. That position could be left back, right wing, between the centre backs or deep in midfield when everyone else is pushed forward. He melts if he's pressed and gives the ball away so spends the entire game trying to find somewhere get can get the ball with acres of space and time.
I have never thought of it like that but I would have to agree.

SeaCarrot

The worst part about Rooney playing, isn't that he misplaces two of every three to the opposition, or that he can't weight a pass to save his life, or that the only time he tries to pass forward instead of sideways or backwards he lobs it into row Z, or the only time he attempts a shot he scuffs it so badly it goes for a throw, the worst part is he feckS our formation every game.

He's like having a useless fecking willow tree in the middle of a basketball court, you just have to try and play around him and hope the ball doesn't bounce off him. He's preventing genuinely good players like Pogba playing further forward, stopping Herrera and Mata playing at all, stopping a known class player like Carrick have a swan song, stopping Schweinstiger and Schneiderlin from having a look in, stopping Ibra from playing deeper and letting Rashford play up front. He just fecks it all up.

feck Rooney and feck Moyes for giving him a new contract like a farewell kick in the teeth.

FattyFooty

To be a bit fair i still think he had a good game today, that is atleast by hes normal form. He did get the ball to Valencia quite a few times. And that one narrow pass to Rashford was also good. Could indeed help out Zlatan a bit more. Atleast if hes suppose to be a 10, right now im a bit confused about what he is.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
People have been complaining about Rooney for a while but this really does seem like the end point. If he isn't dropped now then when?
He's still got a few years on that contract, hasn't he?:nervous:

bleedred

Mou not playing him in his best position which is left back in Lowry hotel.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Someone show Mourinho and Woodward this bloody thread.

feck Wayne Rooney.

M16Red

The worst part about Rooney playing, isn't that he misplaces two of every three to the opposition, or that he can't weight a pass to save his life, or that the only time he tries to pass forward instead of sideways or backwards he lobs it into row Z, or the only time he attempts a shot he scuffs it so badly it goes for a throw, the worst part is he feckS our formation every game.

He's like having a useless fecking willow tree in the middle of a basketball court, you just have to try and play around him and hope the ball doesn't bounce off him. He's preventing genuinely good players like Pogba playing further forward, stopping Herrera and Mata playing at all, stopping a known class player like Carrick have a swan song, stopping Schweinstiger and Schneiderlin from having a look in, stopping Ibra from playing deeper and letting Rashford play up front. He just fecks it all up.

feck Rooney and feck Moyes for giving him a new contract like a farewell kick in the teeth.
Take a bow. This is bang on.

Coops73

Fergie knew it 3 years ago. Amazed that every manager since hasn't copped it.
Yep, what has he got over this club? It's bizarre. I hope Mourinho has the bollocks to drop him but I just don't see it happening, something stinks in suburbia.

Triple.Threat

For once I'll give him a little backing here by saying that he was far from being the only problem today. But he was awful and is long finished.
unless you were joking but he was, he offered absolutely nothing to the team today. His first touch was league 2 standards, his crosses were goal kicks and his corners were a chance for Watford to counter attack.

Amir

He'll get a revolt from some of Rooney's mates in the press, we'll start to hear stories of "bizarre training methods" and we'all hear about what we're missing that "Rooney brings to the table".
And what if they do?

Seriously, if a manager fears doing something because of the press, he has no business being a manager at all.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And what if they do?

Seriously, if a manager fears doing something because of the press, he has no business being a manager at all.

This is 2016 and a manager has to respect the power of the press. It's a sad truth.

NJM78

I will accept every bad result and pressure Jose comes under if he continues to not only to pick him but have him as our number 10, probably the most crucial position of the team. For me everything he does is shit, why the feck can't Jose or every ass kissing ex team mate or English player see it. I'm more angry at Wayne than the result. He is like a disease to this starting eleven. It surely must be a contractual thing as why would Jose risk his own reputation and put huge pressure on Pogba by not letting him express himself with two midfielders behind him. Rooney is utterly detrimental to our side and to our CL qualification hopes. I bet every opposition player/manager can't wait to face a United side full of square pegs being led by Rooney. We are dog shit, not transitional bollocks, simply dog shit and Wayne is the regurgitated cherry on top of the steaming pile of excrement we currently are.

madzo2007

Rooney is now paying the price for not looking after his body, for years he came back every pre-season overweight from overeating and drinking. I'm not sticking up for him but another factor is that when Rooney came onto the scene at 16 he was physically built like a 26 year old and now looks like hes in his late 30's/early 40's despite being only 30, he even looks older than Giggs.

Its becoming a joke that he still features so regularly, despite being so far off the pace, looks knackered after only an hour.

Reactions: jojojo

pixel

This thread should be a poll only and not open to replies. Otherwise its going to be like any other rooney thread.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This is 2016 and a manager has to respect the power of the press. It's a sad truth.
Aye, AVB wanted to be quite ruthless and to change a lot at Chelsea back when he went there if I remember correctly but Terry and co savaged him and he was gone by the February. Being new to the PL and up against English players like Terry the press were never going to back him.

El Zoido

The arrogance of him announcing his retirement from the national team two years in advance really irritated me for some reason.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would any premier league club take him in their starting 11? Serious question. I can't see him sticking out at any club, even shite like Hull, Burnley or Sunderland. Actually I can't even see him standing out if he played in the championship, he'd just be a standard player. He is fecking terrible, and that's no exaggeration. Watch if he plays against Northampton. Will stand out for how bad he is even against that level opposition.

His technique is brutal. Can't control a ball to save his life, nor can he pass. His fitness is also terrible. Runs for 10 minutes and can barely close anyone down anymore. Slow, weak, overweight, and just lacks focus and doesn't know how to do anything. He looks about 40 years old on the pitch, not someone who should age wise be just about leaving his prime.

dove

I never wish injuries to players but seriously for the first time I thought it would be really nice if he was out for 2-3 weeks... It's really getting ridiculous, he just can't play football anymore. Mourinho can't drop him because reaction from the media would be crazy as he has a lot of mates here.

Status
Not open for further replies.