Rooney testimonial vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Does anybody know what the situation with ticketing is for this? Is Tier 2 Stretford End and all of the East Stand already sold out? Can't imagine they'll be closing these ends.

Surprised at just how much tickets are for an exhibition match.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Does anybody know what the situation with ticketing is for this? Is Tier 2 Stretford End and all of the East Stand already sold out? Can't imagine they'll be closing these ends.

Surprised at just how much tickets are for an exhibition match.
I dont think the east stand was available for home fans, i went on the site around an hour after they released the tickets and the whole east stand was gone, every other stand had good availability so the stretford end must of sold out now.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Completely messes up our prep for the Community Shield ffs, couldn't we organise it earlier? Besides, we could do without another bloody game as I'd rather the lads save their legs for matches that actually matter. It'd be horrific if one of our key players get an injury in this pointless friendly.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Completely messes up our prep for the Community Shield ffs, couldn't we organise it earlier? Besides, we could do without another bloody game as I'd rather the lads save their legs for matches that actually matter. It'd be horrific if one of our key players get an injury in this pointless friendly.
The community sheild is a pointless freindly. And being a testomonial anyone can play in it unless they have changed the rules ? So i dont expect to see many first team players, i can't even see rooney playing the full game to be honest.

Also its for a few good causes, i dont see any harm in it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Who cares about the community shield?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Are we not going to get any former players back for this? Evra? Ronaldo?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Couldn't find a later thread for this. Is there any further details on the game? Presumably we are going to take it semi-seriously with our lack of preparation so far. Or will there be a mix of old players appearing, Rooney playing for both teams etc?

ChaddyP

With us missing an entire Game preseason i hope we take this as part of actually preparation to get a good work out and Mins to key players. Slightly worried of being under-cooked start of the season :(

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Couldn't find a later thread for this. Is there any further details on the game? Presumably we are going to take it semi-seriously with our lack of preparation so far. Or will there be a mix of old players appearing, Rooney playing for both teams etc?
Mou said he'll give game time to 22 players, just like against Gala. It will be a normal pre-season game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There was talk that Everton will play some random guys, which would be a shame.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He deserves a celebration of a fantastic career and lovely to see the proceeds going to such a good cause

ChaddyP

Well that sucks, doesnt Koeman want to get some mins for his players as well seeing he also is fresh to the club

dogwithabone

Rooney won't go down as a club legend and rightly so. He has twice tried to engineer moves away only for his supposed 'loyalty' to be rewarded with huge contract imorovemrnts. The club owes him nothing and I wouldn't attend this match if it was being played at the bottom of my garden.

All the '92 lads, Rio, Evra, Park and a whole host of others over the years are more 'United' than Rooney.

He's here because of what we pay him, not because the really wNts to be.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rooney won't go down as a club legend and rightly so. He has twice tried to engineer moves away only for his supposed 'loyalty' to be rewarded with huge contract imorovemrnts. The club owes him nothing and I wouldn't attend this match if it was being played at the bottom of my garden.

All the '92 lads, Rio, Evra, Park and a whole host of others over the years are more 'United' than Rooney.

Don't be silly, of course he will, he's going to be the club's greatest goalscorer soon.

He's not the same player now but ignoring his immense contribution to our success is, well, ignorant.

Ban

Yeah, he will be regarded as a legend weather you want it or not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

BS. Want the guy gone as much as the next guy. But his legend status is not in dispute. Absolute legend.

buckooo1978

I think Jose might use this game for fitness and sharpness given the lack of football we've played

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We will need to treat this as close to a normal pre-season game as possible. We're rusty.

Jaybomb

Completely see where you're coming from. I'm not Rooney's biggest fan. I thought he should have been sold in the Moyes season, but on the flip side of things, he's gonna retire as the top scorer for United. He's won everything there is to win here. And all those times he "almost" left is irrelevant cause at the end of the day, whatever the reason was... he stayed with us.

I'm sure we offered Ronaldo outrageous wages to stay but he still left us behind. Rooney didn't.

It's kinda hard to deny his legendary status. He might not be a Giggs or a Charlton but you could make an argument for him to be in United's greatest ever XI. And if you can do that, to me... you're a legend.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Everton should fecking behave, we both need game time to prep, so they better come out with a decent team. We're the ones who'll actually have to play 4 days later so what's their deal :mad:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Who is the current holder of the 'worst ever performance in their own testimonial' record?

Walters_19_MuFc

Can't wait for this. Well and truly deserved. Will definitely go down as a legend. Just want him to get that all time goalscoring record now to top it off.

Oldham

Well deserved been a fantastic player for United. One of our all time top striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.