Rooney.

Chep

I love this boy he out in 110% to the game. Was part of almost all our raids on Chelsea's goal.

But I'm sorry to say this. HE COST TWO INVALUABLE POINTS.

That was a needless tackle. somone needs to cut his temper down. Obviously he is still such a babyhead. I'm so gutted.

Merman

He did not cost us two points. We gave away a lot of unnecessary freekicks and unfortunately for Rooney, the one he gave away led to their goal

anver

Shart stop
Thats what Chep says. Rooney has a loose temper. He should try to keep it down. It cost us two points, dammit.

Christofaux

You guys are fickle... how about Berbatov who did naught all game? He cost you two points before rooney did... or PIG who didnt come out to the ball, or O'shea who lost his marker... Rooney is one of the last people you should blame for the goal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm wondering why no one mentioned that Kalou pushed Rio in the back and hence he was a free header?
Stupid foul from Rooney nevertheless

reddevilcanada

It's sort of ironic that just before that tackle, Rooney mishit a pass to Ronaldo and got an earful from Fergie, then he took his frustrations out on Ca$hley. Instead of encouraging Wazza to calm down a bit, Fergie's rather livid response didn't quite work out that well. Rooney still should've been a bit more careful, the renties are experts at set pieces and it was a bit silly to give them a chance in the final stages of the game with a rash tackle. His temper sometimes makes him unstoppable to play against, but also it can work against him, I still feel PIG should've come out and collected the ball in that 5 yards.

mjdj

He saved us a point when he took one off Drogba's head inside the 6yr box a couple of mins later.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
No he didn't, our defense cost us 2 points as they left a man unmarked in the 6 yard box. Asking for trouble if you do that.

KanieKaned

It's sort of ironic that just before that tackle, Rooney mishit a pass to Ronaldo and got an earful from Fergie, then he took his frustrations out on Ca$hley. Instead of encouraging Wazza to calm down a bit, Fergie's rather livid response didn't quite work out that well. Rooney still should've been a bit more careful, the renties are experts at set pieces and it was a bit silly to give them a chance in the final stages of the game with a rash tackle. His temper sometimes makes him unstoppable to play against, but also it can work against him, I still feel PIG should've come out and collected the ball in that 5 yards.
I dont think fergies words to wayne were that livid at all. He gave a few of the other lads a proper bollocking before turning to wayne and just a plain "come on son" which im my eyes was more of a plea to try get him to not lose it at such a crucial stage

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Rooney had a really good game yesterday. He was involved, he created numerous scoring opportunities and he worked his socks off (something we all take for granted).

Giving away a free kick near the halfway line does not make him responsible for the goal we conceded.

Ronaldo#7

Yes, I believe Rooney's careless fould cost us 2 valuable points, however who was markin akalou in the 6 yard box?

Also before we conceded the goal moments before Ronaldo's run down the left and put in a low cross across the 6 yard box, Rooney should have burie the game then and at 2-0 would have surely been game over.

redspoony

Jesus, he did not cost us 2 points. Really bad marking in the box and PIG not coming for a cross in an area he should have been dominating cost us points.

Get off the anti-Rooney bandwagon and start supporting him and the team you fecking idiots.

Crustanoid

Not going for the kill at 1-0 when we were fully in control in the first half was what cost us, At least the third time I can remember that we have made that mistake - the others being the 1-1 at OT in the league in 06/07, and the Champs League final

We were more than capable of taking Chelsea apart in that way (we have done it to Arsenal and Liverpool as recently as this year) but the belief just wasn't there.

Maybe it was something to do with their home league record, but we had a great chance to change things not just for us, but for other teams who go there, and we didn't take it.

UnitedMan

Rooney was full of energy yesterday. He really did want us to leave the Bridge with the win.

He was involved everywhere on the pitch, supporting a weak and uncreative midfield, creating chances in attack and even marking opponents in the six yard box.

Rooney is my favourite United player, no reason to hide this fact. The only problematic area I see with Rooney is his finishing touch. Yes, he should have at least hit the target when he received Ronaldo's pass but as people say he is young and learning. Hopefully, the coaches are trying to improve this attribute. Once this is achieved I have no doubt that Rooney will be majestic and go on to become one of the true greats.

Grande

I love this boy he out in 110% to the game. Was part of almost all our raids on Chelsea's goal.

That was a needless tackle. somone needs to cut his temper down. Obviously he is still such a babyhead. I'm so gutted.
To summarize:

Rooney cost us two points with giving a way a free kick.
Sheasie cost us two points loosing his marker.
Kojak cost us two points not collecting the ball in the box.
Fergie cost us two points riling Rooney before the bad tackle.
Berbs cost us two points being anonymous in the second half.
The whole team cost us two points dropping too deep in the second half.

SODDING HELL, THAT'S 12 POINTS LOST IN ONE GAME!
And I thought this was just a 6 point match. (Btw. Did Chelsky receive an extra 12 points as well? How can they still stand at 11 points total in the table then?)

SiYuan

Cafe Grandmaster 2008

:wenger:

Rooney cost us two points because he's not the summer's 30 million transfer.

Dyslexic Untied

Crustanoid is right, we lost (two points) because we got defensive.

Our tactics were perfect up until we scored. We put our pressure line very high, and doubled up defensively on the flanks so that they couldn`t bring their fullbacks forward to any effect. This lead to Chelsea having to resort to going in the middle, where Scholes and Fletcher had everything under control.

We then got the goal and dropped 20 yards in our pressure. (Remember Rooney screaming and waving to get us higher up? Sadly to no result.) We let them keep the ball in our half, and dropped five yards for every ten minutes after that. A team like Chelsea WILL get a goal if you allow them that much space, in what way the goal came is a bit irrelevant.

Had we kept our pressure high, which would have been physically challenging, then we would have defended better and had more chances for a second. We had the best bench ever as well, so when legs got tired we could have made the adequate substitutions.

To summarise: Our tactics were perfect and gave us a lead, then they were poor and cost us two points.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Yes, I believe Rooney's careless fould cost us 2 valuable points, however who was markin akalou in the 6 yard box?

Also before we conceded the goal moments before Ronaldo's run down the left and put in a low cross across the 6 yard box, Rooney should have burie the game then and at 2-0 would have surely been game over.
No one was, thats what cost us two points. By the same token do you blame the player who gave a corner away and they swing it in and score?

You defend each situation on its own merit. Rooney give away a freekick, yes. But then you organise and defend it, something which we didn't do as we didn't mark the player. Not to mention PiG couldn've 'maybe' come and cleared the danger.

anver

Shart stop
Rooney was full of energy yesterday. He really did want us to leave the Bridge with the win.

He was involved everywhere on the pitch, supporting a weak and uncreative midfield, creating chances in attack and even marking opponents in the six yard box.

Rooney is my favourite United player, no reason to hide this fact. The only problematic area I see with Rooney is his finishing touch. Yes, he should have at least hit the target when he received Ronaldo's pass but as people say he is young and learning. Hopefully, the coaches are trying to improve this attribute. Once this is achieved I have no doubt that Rooney will be majestic and go on to become one of the true greats.

Four years and he's still learning!:lol::lol:

Colly

No one was, thats what cost us two points. By the same token do you blame the player who gave a corner away and they swing it in and score?

You defend each situation on its own merit. Rooney give away a freekick, yes. But then you organise and defend it, something which we didn't do as we didn't mark the player. Not to mention PiG couldn've 'maybe' come and cleared the danger.
I could have f*cking killed him. Last few mins your goalkeeper should be knocking everyone down to get a ball like that, his own players, the Chelsea players etc.

All in all we should have had the game killed off by half time with the chances we had. Rio and Rooney two best players on the park - anyone who thinks differently is a spanner

Chep

To summarize:

Rooney cost us two points with giving a way a free kick.
Sheasie cost us two points loosing his marker.
Kojak cost us two points not collecting the ball in the box.
Fergie cost us two points riling Rooney before the bad tackle.
Berbs cost us two points being anonymous in the second half.
The whole team cost us two points dropping too deep in the second half.

SODDING HELL, THAT'S 12 POINTS LOST IN ONE GAME!
And I thought this was just a 6 point match. (Btw. Did Chelsky receive an extra 12 points as well? How can they still stand at 11 points total in the table then?)
Nothing gives the word tragedy a deeper meaning than a Cafterd using Essien's calculator.

or let us blame your sportsmanship for offering to keep his gadget in mint condition till he returns from injury.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I could have f*cking killed him. Last few mins your goalkeeper should be knocking everyone down to get a ball like that, his own players, the Chelsea players etc.

All in all we should have had the game killed off by half time with the chances we had. Rio and Rooney two best players on the park - anyone who thinks differently is a spanner
Talking sense!

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
There is now wa Rooney was our best player yesterday. He gave away the ball a lot and his first touch was often poor. Also he never cost us two points. Especially when nobody in our team remembered Kalou was on pitch to mark him. That is all.
Rio was our best player, then perhaps rooney and the tireless park who was excellent.

But of course its daft to suggest wazza gave the goal away. Our marking at set pieces was sloppy all game. At one point for a corner or free kick no one was marking john terry and our bench was screaming over "who's got terry" :eek:. Bearing in mind he's the main threat chelsea have thats just ridiculous and it was only a matter of time before they got something from a set piece.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Dude,
It does not matter if he was or not the question is,

Who gave away the feeckick that lead to the equalizer? Berbatov?Evans? Rio? Neville? Scholes? Ronaldo?
That's irrelevant.

Players give away free kicks all over the pitch in every game. That's part of the game, and what you have to do is to defend these set-pieces.

No one picked up Kalou, Kuszczak didn't deal with it. That's why they scored. Oh, and it was a very good delivery as well.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Thats what Chep says. Rooney has a loose temper. He should try to keep it down. It cost us two points, dammit.
:wenger::wenger:

I want mad Rooney back. I want him to lose temper more. I hate this concept of "polite" Rooney. He looks soulless (I am not saying he is not giving 100%) but I want his madness back.

This sort of players can't keep it inside of them. Can you imagine peaceful Effenberg or Keane?

OK, I am done.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Rio was our best player, then perhaps rooney and the tireless park who was excellent.

But of course its daft to suggest wazza gave the goal away. Our marking at set pieces was sloppy all game. At one point for a corner or free kick no one was marking john terry and our bench was screaming over "who's got terry" :eek:. Bearing in mind he's the main threat chelsea have thats just ridiculous and it was only a matter of time before they got something from a set piece.
I agree. Our marking for that goal was truly shocking. It didn't matter what Rooney did earlier to cause it. Kalou was never supposed to be that unmarked at all!. It was like he was invisible man. No one saw him or picked him up. This season alone we have been rather poor at set piece defending which is very strange.

Crustanoid

I agree. Our marking for that goal was truly shocking. It didn't matter what Rooney did earlier to cause it. Kalou was never supposed to be that unmarked at all!. It was like he was invisible man. No one saw him or picked him up. This season alone we have been rather poor at set piece defending which is very strange.
we have been very strong defensively for two years or so. Vidic and CQ are two big reasons for that.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
This is something I've noticed as well.
Interestingly enough, it used to be our Achilles' heel up until the last two seasons, when we seemingly sorted it out.

Could be we have dropped the attention from it for some reason.
Three words:

van der Sar

His displays, especially on set-pieces, would cause havoc and a lack of confidence in any defence.