Rooney

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I know, he has the full repetoire he just fails to pick out the right club far too often
The thing though, is look at his goal return with this "poor selection" and imagine what he could do if he used his full set of skills...

The potential and possibilities are endless with this lad, it's just all about fullfillment and if he ever will be the Wayne Rooney we saw on the brink of world superstardom and "Best of all time" status when he joined us

Alex

I agree, he certainly could have 4 or 5 more goals if he would have taken half of some of the really good chances he missed. He still has improved but could do better, lets hope he keeps getting better.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Which was all down to him dramatically improving his play all of second half. By the end he looked like Messi and Ronaldo's equal.
Well in fairness I think it was only during the last 20 mins that he came alive, I wasn't in awe of his performance till then but I was after.

He was so much more effective coming in from the left and facing goal rather than away from it.

SirAF

Ageist
Which was all down to him dramatically improving his play all of second half. By the end he looked like Messi and Ronaldo's equal.
Pure inspiration by Wayne ! Hopefully he will be played with a strike partner regularly so he can keep producing performances like that.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Well in fairness I think it was only during the last 20 mins that he came alive, I wasn't in awe of his performance till then but I was after.

He was so much more effective coming in from the left and facing goal rather than away from it.
IMO first half he just wasn't at the races. Second half he was, but he was getting no support from Anderson, who disappeared after the break. Thus once Owen came on and took up Anderson' role of supporting him, he became more and more deadly.

Anduin

I'm convinced he would be a sensation playing off someone like Benzema. I think Fergie had similar thoughts in mind when he went for the French striker this summer, such a shame we couldn't get him. Let's just hope next time we try 4-2-3-1 Berbatov will be the '1' and Rooney part of the three player-line just behind him. Something like this

Berbatov
Rooney - Giggs - Valencia
Carrick - Fletcher​

Feed Me

I'm hungry
20 goals in all competitions

If the lad keeps up his momentum he can smash the 30 goal barrier this season. It really is a strange state of affairs though, because I still think that he's capable of producing more in his all round game. Nonetheless, it's been a superb goal run for him and I hope that he can maintain that form.

Thirty goals and you're talking about Rooney having finally made it into the elite bracket of footballers.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
A few great performances in big games will be lovely, starting with City and Arsenal please:drool:
Yeah, that's probably the only box left to tick. The CL finals of the past two years have seen him turn in relatively indifferent performances. That said, he is no longer being sacrificed for Ronaldo.

AttackingFlair

I think he could do with a goal or two vs Milan. Hasn't scored in the CL yet, that would be a bang..

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think he could do with a goal or two vs Milan. Hasn't scored in the CL yet, that would be a bang..
Yeah, well he has previous form against them.

You're right that he hasn't opened his account in the CL yet, but it was a strange group stage - he only featured intermittently.

championo

Top Stalker
I love a lot of things about Rooney, especially the way he acknowledges he teammates who offer chances to score on a plate.
I like how he went to Nani. Nani needed that.

AttackingFlair

Yeah I agree about the group stage. Europe is where all these judges rate the talent though, so hopefully he proves something to all the doubters and people who say he's "overrated".

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Yeah I agree about the group stage. Europe is where all these judges rate the talent though, so hopefully he proves something to all the doubters and people who say he's "overrated".
It's always the risk of scoring so many goals, people want to see what you can do in the bigger games. To be fair to Wayne, he's bloody fantastic, he's done it before and will do it again.

He's so much more talented than his strike partners in Owen and Berba, sometime's you think he's carrying too much of th luggage.

Eriku

Yeah, that's probably the only box left to tick. The CL finals of the past two years have seen him turn in relatively indifferent performances. That said, he is no longer being sacrificed for Ronaldo.
I disagree... In the first Champions League final he produced an quality first half. Notable moments include when he nicked the ball off Carvalho on Chelsea's left back side, ran with it and with the ball sticking sluggishly to his feet he launched a 50 yard ball towards Ronaldo, who ran with it to cross to Tevez who failed to score.

Rooney also had another moment of genius where he was stuck about 20 yards from the Chelsea left corner flag, and thwacked a ball between defence and goal, which Tevez failed to latch on to.

With better efficiency we would've seen one/two moments of genius from Rooney doubling/tripling our advantage. Now they're just chances that most people don't recall. At any rate, those two chances alone were so brilliantly crafted by Rooney that I rate his efforts in the final in general.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I disagree... In the first Champions League final he produced an quality first half. Notable moments include when he nicked the ball off Carvalho on Chelsea's left back side, ran with it and with the ball sticking sluggishly to his feet he launched a 50 yard ball towards Ronaldo, who ran with it to cross to Tevez who failed to score.

Rooney also had another moment of genius where he was stuck about 20 yards from the Chelsea left corner flag, and thwacked a ball between defence and goal, which Tevez failed to latch on to.

With better efficiency we would've seen one/two moments of genius from Rooney doubling/tripling our advantage. Now they're just chances that most people don't recall. At any rate, those two chances alone were so brilliantly crafted by Rooney that I rate his efforts in the final in general.
Yeah, I remember those moments very clearly. My point still stands though - his overall impact across those two finals affected by the fact that he was playing on the wings.

Eriku

Yeah, I remember those moments very clearly. My point still stands though - his overall impact across those two finals affected by the fact that he was playing on the wings.
Fair enough. Him being shunted to the wing tends to colour my judgement. I don't hold Rooney to the same standards then. If he can chip in with some solid moments of inspiration, he's done his job.

At any rate I am not concerned about Rooney in the CL. He's generally one of our better influences, and he's shown that he can contribute with some fine moments (winners against Roma and Milan, spring to mind, for example).

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Rooney hails Capello influence

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has credited England boss Fabio Capello with helping him discover a rich vein of form this season.

The England star is enjoying arguably the best campaign of his career, with his four-goal haul against Hull City on Saturday taking his season tally to 19 in 22 league games.

That is already the 24-year-old's best league tally since joining United in 2004 and he may even double the 12 league goals he managed in each of the last two seasons.

The departure of Cristiano Ronaldo has shifted more of the goal-scoring responsibility onto Rooney's shoulders and has allowed him more freedom in attack.

But the 24-year-old believes the key to his new-found form is a more ruthless streak encouraged by Italian coach Capello.

"I'm scoring more because I have changed my position," Rooney is quoted as saying in Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"I'm playing further forward and in the middle of the penalty area.

"It was Capello who suggested this to me. Now I know how to make different moves in the area.
Tactical

"He has taught me so much from a tactical point of view. He has also given me a leading role with the England team."

Rooney scored 10 goals in nine internationals for England over the 2008/09 season and he has carried that form into the current campaign.

Capello took charge in January 2008 and transformed the Three Lions from a team that failed to qualify for Euro 2008 into comfortable group winners in World Cup qualifying.

While Capello is recognised as being a master tactician, Rooney also likens the former AC Milan and Real Madrid coach to a strict father.

The ex-Everton forward reckons Capello has restored the national team's confidence, although he is hoping he gives United team-mate Michael Owen a recall for the World Cup.

Severe

"Capello instils fear, like a severe dad," he added. "He has explained to us how to do everything.

"He has made us more of a squad. He has worked above all on the tactics - now we can change them every match.

"We're going to South Africa convinced of our strengths. The group is not too difficult.

"I hope Owen will be there too, he deserves it."
Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Rooney hails Capello influence