Rooney's obsession with chipping the keeper

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Maybe he's just more comfortable with Hernandez having played with him in about 10 times as many games.

tintedsepia

Leave him alone. The shot was fine. He played it well and with great composure but it went a little over.

What he did in years gone by was to try to blast absolutely everything and invariably missed.

I was pleased to see the composure. I actually think he did the right thing but it didn't come off. Sometimes they don't.

brad-dyrak

You lot are nuts. Just watched the game. He was great. All over the place stitching together the offense. That first lob was a bad decision sure, but so what? Right thing to do with the second. Alone up top with 2 defenders on him and the keeper coming out to cover.

He tried 2 chips in 1 game. What a nerve! Made a bad decision. Shocking!

Sir A1ex

He does it almost every game and hardly ever gets it right. Come close, which is enough for commentators to orgasmic about.

Should cut it out, IMO.
Glad somebody started this thread, I was going to myself. Couldn't agree more, he's been doing it for years and they just never, ever come off.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's absolute bollocks that. Tries it too much my arse. However, obviously he should have done better. He's in good form. He could have made it an easier chance. I think he's a lucky boy we were 2-0 up at the time else that would not have been the right option. The right option is the ball ending up in the back of the net

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I dont mind him trying it tbh, the day it comes off we'll all be creaming ourselves over it

RK

They've come off at least twice, once against David James and Portsmouth I think.

I wasn't too upset for the second one - took Rooney out of my fantasy team this week and I now feel that decision was vindicated. The first was one was a poor decision though as Ruddy had read the shot about an hour earlier.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They've come off at least twice, once against David James and Portsmouth I think.
The other was against Middlesbrough in his debut season, different technique that one though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He also shifts the ball inside and tries to sidefoot it into the top corner from about 40 yards at least once a game, and it ALWAYS goes miles wide.

Then there's that outside of foot spinning ball to the right wing he does at least five times a game.

He's got more trademark moves than a character in streetfighter.

Striker10

Pull it off, most of you will be wanking over it.. Fail, and half the lot of you will be screaming for his head.
The reality is I don't think you can compare it his other lobs because usually there are defenders in front of him. So it would be just another goal. He was one on one. It was poor selection, because he missed. It wasn't even saved. He should be peeved about that and make sure he scores next time..and if that's with a chip great. That's not a problem. Not something to be wanked over either lol

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It was the damn chip or 3 he made in his first years that addicted him. But yeah, it never comes off. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Please stop Wayne!

Striker10

Scores far too many headers too be honest too. I always thought that when he kept scoring with them...fecking disgraceful. One trick pony...People don't half talk bollocks about Rooney.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Maybe he's just more comfortable with Hernandez having played with him in about 10 times as many games.
I don't think it's completely down to that, not all of it anyway. The ability to pass the ball to your partner doesn't come with games. Nor does the willingness and extra effort that may be required now and then to help them out of certain situations.

Anyway, I hope I'm talking bollocks here as I tipped Rooney and Welbeck to finish the season as first choice strikers here.

With regards to the first chip, I think that between Rooney seeing the keeper slightly off his line, then looking back down at the ball, the situation changed quite a bit which made it look worse. It's easy for us to comment when we can see the full picture from the stands or TV.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He made two passes to Chicharito and one pass to Welbeck yesterday. Maybe he's got a problem with Chicharito too.

I just think it's completely ridiculous in every way possible.

SiYuan

Cafe Grandmaster 2008
Remember reading somewhere how Rooney when he was a teenager used to try to chip the keeper from 40-50 yards out all the time, even when they were a goal down

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
fecking stupid thread. yes I think we should tell our most talented player not to try anything fancy or with a high level of risk. lets tell him we want him to play it simple and that no matter how great he is, to leave the extraordinary stuff to the barcelona players.

I wonder how many of you wanked over the overhead goal he scored against citeh?
when you got somebody like rooney in your team, you tell him to express himself and do what comes naturally even if it doesnt come off.

also, next time that keeper would think twice about coming off his line.

Forever Red

fecking stupid thread. yes I think we should tell our most talented player not to try anything fancy or with a high level of risk. lets tell him we want him to play it simple and that no matter how great he is, to leave the extraordinary stuff to the barcelona players.

I wonder how many of you wanked over the overhead goal he scored against citeh?
when you got somebody like rooney in your team, you tell him to express himself and do what comes naturally even if it doesnt come off.
also, next time that keeper would think twice about coming off his line.
Nice one

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Yea. Nothing wrong with giving footballing freedom to players on the pitch.

Rooney's also just using real matches as practice ground.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Considering we were uncomfortable at 1-0 and he tried a stupid chip from 30 yards that was never going to come off.. there's a time and place to do it and that definitely was not the time. The 2nd time, i mean come on Wayne just put the ball in the bloody net.