Roy Hodgson | #OpenToWork

Fr. Todd Unctious

Even if he told them to feck off would be a bit odd for Palace to just say something like taken ill rather than saying he's not doing the press conference. Do hope Roy is ok. Probably the last of the old school gents still involved at this level of the game

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
You’re right, you just wouldn’t say anything so I assume he is ill. Poor old Roy, it should never have got to this point.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Even if he told them to feck off would be a bit odd for Palace to just say something like taken ill rather than saying he's not doing the press conference. Do hope Roy is ok. Probably the last of the old school gents still involved at this level of the game
In interviews he often struck me as someone who had a short fuse. I guess you've got to have a high bullshit tolerance to deal with the press regularly, and sometimes he couldn't be arsed with them.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
He's a petulant arsehole. Always someone else's fault.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good timing I guess. They could do with a new manager bounce these next few weeks. They have Bournemouth, Everton, Burnley, Forest and Luton in their next 7 games. Each one of those games look like 6 pointers.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Good timing I guess. They could do with a new manager bounce these next few weeks. They have Bournemouth, Everton, Burnley, Forest and Luton in their next 7 games. Each one of those games look like 6 pointers.
Ruthless.

suheilsworld

They are perilously close to relegation with Luton and Everton showing form. Good timing and not waiting till they are in bottom 3

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm fairness, if telling him he's sacked has made him ill,he probably shouldn't be managing anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Happened last season when they hired Hodgson. Had a tough run, not won for ages, had a nice run of games and won a bunch of them to steer them clear of the relegation battle. Might be deja vu.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Now if they could just leave Roy in the old folks home this time and not bother him anymore, that'd be lovely.

Precaution

In interviews he often struck me as someone who had a short fuse. I guess you've got to have a high bullshit tolerance to deal with the press regularly, and sometimes he couldn't be arsed with them.
Imagine the interviewer in the restart of the interview trying to keep a straight face when he asked that question about decisions going against him :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Happened last season when they hired Hodgson. Had a tough run, not won for ages, had a nice run of games and won a bunch of them to steer them clear of the relegation battle. Might be deja vu.
you reckon they’ll get this german in, sack him, then bring hodgson back again, just few a new manager bounce?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
What a bizarre day. Parish accompanied Roy to the hospital by all accounts. Meanwhile Romano saying Glasner’s signed a contract. Only at Palace.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Poor Woy. Hope he retires permanently from football now, just not worth it at his age.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a bizarre day. Parish accompanied Roy to the hospital by all accounts. Meanwhile Romano saying Glasner’s signed a contract. Only at Palace.
Anything to get the interactions and clicks quicker from confirm man

IRN-BRUno

Hope he's okay.

We see with managers far younger than him that the stress eventually takes its toll. He did what was needed last season to keep them up and it should have been left at that. Nobody forced him to carry on of course but with Palace being his boyhood club I guess it makes it more difficult to give up.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Jesus, ‘stable in hospital’ sounds bad. Hope he’s okay. I too assumed he’d told the club to feck off with the press conference news and rumours of his impending sack but this seems serious. Walk away Roy, it’s not worth it.

Gator Nate

Jesus, ‘stable in hospital’ sounds bad. Hope he’s okay. I too assumed he’d told the club to feck off with the press conference news and rumours of his impending sack but this seems serious. Walk away Roy, it’s not worth it.
My second thought was that the news sent him into this state, though I really believe he wants/wanted out.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Weird they couldn’t announce it in a nicer way. Mutually agreed to part company?

Oldyella

My second thought was that the news sent him into this state, though I really believe he wants/wanted out.
Thats what I thought as well. Under immense pressure and then rumours start of being let go. Its put younger men under a lot of strain.

thisisnottaken1

He needs to retire. He’s 76, he should be enjoying his retirement. Props to him for continuing I guess but still.