Roy Keane's visit to Carrington

prateik

So Keane was furious.. he told someone he was furious. he didn't tell that someone who he was furious at.. but did mention it was because the player was slouching .. and that someone told that to the tabloids.

Yep. I believe that.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Who the feck cares if a players slouched in their chair? What’s Keane doing there anyway? And how do the mirror know every little detail? Bollocks

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So Ole had Fergie do the team talk before PSG and Keane before the derby. No wonder we won. Glorified cheerleader getting credit for inspirational speeches delivered by better men.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I reckon it’s absolute bollocks.

izec

Who the feck cares if a players slouched in their chair? What’s Keane doing there anyway? And how do the mirror know every little detail? Bollocks
Ole invited Keane, because they are buddies and Ole thinks highly of Keano.

This might or might not be bollocks, but either way, i am glad Keane was there to tell them what a United player is and what is expected from one.

Offsideagain

I believe he was talking to ‘ The Kids’ so it would have been some soppy teenager who had no idea who Keane was.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't imagine Kane getting all these players in the same room. Shaw was in the canteen, Jones in the treatment room, JLingz on the dancefloor, Pogba at the hairdresser's, Mata at the library etc

Lennon7

Ole invited Keane, because they are buddies and Ole thinks highly of Keano.

This might or might not be bollocks, but either way, i am glad Keane was there to tell them what a United player is and what is expected from one.
Keene’s been a manager before and he was shite. Why does Ole feel the need to get him in?

downunder red

Ole got it right bringing in one of our greatest captain and midfield player's of all time. Clubs of all sports have been doing this for years. It's up to the individual to either ignore or try to take something out of it. Well done to Keene for doing it.
It wouldn't hurt to have Becks come in and try to teach some crossing skills.

ManRed

Looking at the performance and how fired up team was maybe invite Keane each week. Andreas took him too seriously, coming in and kicking Sterling like that.

SteveW

Keene’s been a manager before and he was shite. Why does Ole feel the need to get him in?
Why not? They are trying to build a culture of hard work and playing for the shirt. Keane personifies that.

It's a message that needs to be constantly reaffirmed until it sticks.

KennyBurner

I bet they all were cringing, I would have cringed as well if the manager kept rolling out his mates to give boring "United way" sermons.
This. i dont know why we keep bringing this failed managers to give pep talks to adults? We need to move on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's Haaland who didn't want to listen. Don't forget Haaland is the son of Alf-Igne who played for Leeds and Man City and whose career was ended by Roy Keane

Josep Dowling

How in any way is Pogba not a model professional?

Are footballers not allowed haircuts?
I have to laugh at the abuse Pogba gets. He seems to be quiet family man with a wife and children. He’s a Muslim so won’t go out drinking. The only thing he does is have a hair cut that isn’t the norm and likes dancing with his brothers on social media. He’s hardly doing a Schweinsteiger and buggering off half way round the world watching his girlfriend play tennis. Yet so many fans loved him.

Lennon7

Why not? They are trying to build a culture of hard work and playing for the shirt. Keane personifies that.

It's a message that needs to be constantly reaffirmed until it sticks.
A bit on the nose and cringey imo. They can all see what Keane thinks when he’s on the telly.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's Haaland who didn't want to listen. Don't forget Haaland is the son of Alf-Igne who played for Leeds and Man City and whose career was ended by Roy Keane
Excepted it wasn’t ended by Keane.

unlessyou’re joking

Judas

Open to offers
I have to laugh at the abuse Pogba gets. He seems to be quiet family man with a wife and children. He’s a Muslim so won’t go out drinking. The only thing he does is have a hair cut that isn’t the norm and likes dancing with his brothers on social media. He’s hardly doing a Schweinsteiger and buggering off half way round the world watching his girlfriend play tennis. Yet so many fans loved him.
So true, and you'll still find loads defending Schweinsteiger on here, when he was largely very very average for us, certainly worse than Pogba has been.

DocRockter

Keane: “the ball was there (I think) . I hit him hard. Take that you c*** and don’t ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries”

Scott dutifully writes down: Cripple the opponent, make hurtful comment, leave the field.
Jesus, hope we don't play against Haaland until we sign him.. Even after that I would keep him and McT on the same team in training...

TheReligion

Abusive
I bet they all were cringing, I would have cringed as well if the manager kept rolling out his mates to give boring "United way" sermons.
I cringe at most of what you post at the moment to be honest. Hard to read.

DoomSlayer

Some of this stuff is truly unbearable. Leave it to our fanbase to slag off the manager for bringing in arguably our best and most successful captain ever, just to give some motivation to a young squad that desperately lacks experienced leaders and winners.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The only reason you would have to cringe if you were being addressed by someone with lesser accomplishments than you.

However, to a lot of these players, and ESPECIALLY the men who came through the academy, Roy Keane is essentially a deity. He's also one of the most famous and accomplished captains in club history who was there for the most accomplished period under the best club manager in the world. The only person in Manchester United that was there in the 90s and 00s and that carries a remotely similar gravitas than Roy Keane, is Sir Alex himself and Eric Cantona.

And you assume that the kids are cringing to be given a speech from that man?

You're missing the point about playing on the Theater of Dreams. You need something to motivate you, and what is better than a history lesson from someone who was there for the same period they are trying to achieve as a group?

If I'm being given a chance to listen to someone in my profession who has achieved more than me, I sit down and listen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This. i dont know why we keep bringing this failed managers to give pep talks to adults? We need to move on.
Not sure if it was before your time, but Keane was a quality player for us, so he was there on that basis.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I find this site next to impossible to get any sort of opinion on most posters as the turnaround of posts is so high!
For someone to stand out, they must be posting a lot of rubbish!

KennyBurner

Not sure if it was before your time, but Keane was a quality player for us, so he was there on that basis.
Definitely not before my time. Loved him on the pitch, dislike him for his antics as a pundit and attitude just in general. The fact that he is a Manchester United legend doesn't give him the right to be an arse! He doesn't get to go scott free becuase of his status after all the negative shite he spouts weekly about this current side. Same thing goes for Gary Neville. There are many ways of making valid criticisms without the need to be toxic. Even then he just had to pass of the fact there was a player he wasn't satisfied with to the media instead of addressing it to said player in a private manner like a legend would do.

Really wish you guys would stop using the legend status as a means of disregarding toxic behaviors by past legends.