Ruben Neves - Player watch

Ekeke

He would take Herrera's place as he is not good enough defensively to play Matic's role although you could do what Chelsea do and get a disruptor to play in Herrera's spot with him as holding mid like jorginho
So replace Ander with Ander?

Mick321

Not been very impressed with him this season but some great passes today.

mav_9me

Herrera is a 'disruptor'.
Agreed. But would you be confident in a midfield duo of Neves as holding mid and Herrera as the disruptor?

Tbh no reason why it can't be done at least against the vast majority of epl teams. City do it with KDB and Silva either side of fernandinho. SAF soon the title with a CM of cleverley and Anderson.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He's the second best Wolves midfielder behind João Moutinho, still a long way to go but the potential is beyond obvious.

When the opposition lets him have all the time in the world to pick out passes like Leicester did today then it's an easy game for him.

NYAS

I can only see us competing with City if we want him

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I have seen maybe 6 games or something of him and I have struggled to assess how good he is in areas other than passing and shooting. I would like for us to buy him just from his world class involvements and moments but I have no idea if he is actually good enough overall or a good fit even.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have seen maybe 6 games or something of him and I have struggled to assess how good he is in areas other than passing and shooting. I would like for us to buy him just from his world class involvements and moments but I have no idea if he is actually good enough overall or a good fit even.
At a 21 years old, there are still many years for him to improve and develop.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
This is a decent template for a midfield featuring Pogba and Neves, methinks:

• The latter has a lot in common with Alonso as a holding-playmaking midfielder since his Porto days as an emerging player, and will hopefully become more defensively astute with experience (like Alonso at Madrid).
  • Gerrard (and Lampard at Chelsea) frequently bombed into the final third because of the platform provided to them by Alonso/Macherano and Essien/Makelélé — we've seen in recent weeks how good and effective Pogba can be in a scheme that liberates him — and he definitely has skill set to emulate the statistical output of the aforementioned duo.
That being said, Neves (6) + Pogba (LM) + Herrera (RM) would be really good as well, and you don't really need an anchor if everyone chips in and the unit maintains a proper shape on and on the ball. Pogba thrived with Pirlo/Vidal at Juventus and while Neves/Herrera aren't quite comparable to them in terms of pure quality, he also did very well with Marchisio/Khedira. Neves/Herrera can definitely assume similar-ish roles as deep-playmaker who controls the game from the cockpit and mobile high-octane box-to-box disruptor.

Devil may care

With de Jong seemingly off to PSG and us showing no interest in Paredes I don't see any better option than Neves for what our midfield lacks, and given his age he has a high ceiling for improvement while already being very good.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How much would he cost? I'm not even sure we'll be after a midfielder in the summer. Would be the fourth summer we are spending big on a midfielder in a row.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think he should stay there 1 more season if they have money to invest on a better squad. He still is finding his place imo.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thanks, yeah no one would pay 100m for him. But he’s likely to go for around 60/70 in which case I could see them being interested.
If the rumours Juventus is interested on him are true they surelly won't be paying that. Problem for him is even if he wants to leave their owners have a lot of money and if they are demanding that they are only telling one thing. "We don't want to sell".

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If the rumours Juventus is interested on him are true they surelly won't be paying that. Problem for him is even if he wants to leave their owners have a lot of money and if they are demanding that they are only telling one thing. "We don't want to sell".
Can't understand why players like Neves who signs for clubs like Wolves doesn't demand a release clause.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Can't understand why players like Neves who signs for clubs like Wolves doesn't demand a release clause.
The release clauses are common on Spain or Portugal. Italy, Germany, England or France don't use them. Anyway I don't know if he wants to leave, its just the fact clubs on England have so much money these days that they think demanding 100 million for a player is something normal. Of course no one is going to pay that, and rightly so.

fellaini's barber

He's great, we should get him if we can I'm really impressed with him,especially his passing range and vision

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's great, we should get him if we can I'm really impressed with him,especially his passing range and vision
You guys have good options for the midfield. Still Fred or Pereira might improve. Better buy new CB's or Fullbacks.

fellaini's barber

You guys have good options for the midfield. Still Fred or Pereira might improve. Better buy new CB's or Fullbacks.
Fred has been ignored by Jose now Ole, still don't know why we bought him. We can't not strengthen in midfield based on the hope that he or Perreira might improve. As it stands now if Pogba is injured we are well and truly fecked. We can strengthen in midfield,fullback and CB at the same time

Ekeke

The release clauses are common on Spain or Portugal. Italy, Germany, England or France don't use them. Anyway I don't know if he wants to leave, its just the fact clubs on England have so much money these days that they think demanding 100 million for a player is something normal. Of course no one is going to pay that, and rightly so.
In Spain its actually mandatory, or it was. I havent checked recently

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Fred has been ignored by Jose now Ole, still don't know why we bought him. We can't not strengthen in midfield based on the hope that he or Perreira might improve. As it stands now if Pogba is injured we are well and truly fecked. We can strengthen in midfield,fullback and CB at the same time
The problem is that any Premier League club demands huge sums of money. If with foreign leagues it is what it is.

Walters_19_MuFc

Agreed. But would you be confident in a midfield duo of Neves as holding mid and Herrera as the disruptor?

Tbh no reason why it can't be done at least against the vast majority of epl teams. City do it with KDB and Silva either side of fernandinho. SAF soon the title with a CM of cleverley and Anderson.
As you said, it depends on the type of game. However, my response was to the comment you made in regards to what Chelsea do with Jorginho and how they have a disruptor next to him.

Had we got Neves, Herrera would be the type of player we need next to him.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
In Spain its actually mandatory, or it was. I havent checked recently
It is, and in Portugal I think almost all the better players have. Of course they put ridiculous high clauses believing anyone is going to pay that. :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
A lot of players like Fred struggled on their first season and still recovered. But yes, maybe the fee was a bit high to say the least.

Ekeke

It is, and in Portugal I think almost all the better players have. Of course they put ridiculous high clauses believing anyone is going to pay that. :lol:
Yeah its to cover the clubs in case a player makes rapid growth over the season and suddenly the top clubs come in for them, so they dont lose them on the cheap. So the clubs have some bargaining power, you can pay the release fee which is a bit high even if they are in good form or you can try to negotiate with the club for a bit less. But if they dont want to sell they don't need to. If you're desperate for the player pay the clause

Womp

idiot
Great player. Going to become a top player in his position, has a cracking shot on him too. Would be so good in the Matic role.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah its to cover the clubs in case a player makes rapid growth over the season and suddenly the top clubs come in for them, so they dont lose them on the cheap. So the clubs have some bargaining power, you can pay the release fee which is a bit high even if they are in good form or you can try to negotiate with the club for a bit less. But if they dont want to sell they don't need to. If you're desperate for the player pay the clause
With Spanish clubs is true. In Portugal is 50/50. They do protect when they don't want to sell, but all the clubs in Portugal need to sell. It was a good movement by United to activate Dalot clause. Its still the only way to still try to buy players for a reasonable price, the rest is just ridiculous.

fellaini's barber

The problem is that any Premier League club demands huge sums of money. If with foreign leagues it is what it is.
We never get them when we're supposed to, might as well keep splashing the cash on the highly sought players since its what we love doing

wolvored

Ive seen a few wanderers games and he does blow hot and cold. Last year in the championship he was easily the best player in that league. This year he has been average in quite a few games. He has played some wayward passes and his shooting has been all over the place at times. Hes only 21 so will come good. Trouble is we have just paid £58 million for a midfielder we dont play and I cant see the board spending another £60-70 million to bring in another one who isnt consistant, especially as there are other priority positions.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Best game of the season for him without a doubt, this is the Neves from last year. Played well against Liverpool too so hopefully he is finding his feet like Jota has. If anyone wants to buy him it’ll take 100mil.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Might be a struggle to get him tbf. Remember reading wolves owners have the ambition of winning the league within 7 seasons, hence all the investment. You think theyd be willing to part with a key player with ambitions like that?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We could do with this player