Ruben Neves - Player watch

Ekeke

Best game of the season for him without a doubt, this is the Neves from last year. Played well against Liverpool too so hopefully he is finding his feet like Jota has. If anyone wants to buy him it’ll take 100mil.
Doubt he'll be happy if one of the big clubs offer half of that and Wolves dont let him go

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Doubt he'll be happy if one of the big clubs offer half of that and Wolves dont let him go
Then he shouldn’t have signed a new deal in the summer. He knows our owners have serious ambitions, so it’ll be 100mil or he’s staying.

Ekeke

Then he shouldn’t have signed a new deal in the summer. He knows our owners have serious ambitions, so it’ll be 100mil or he’s staying.
Unhappy players tend not to play as well. So long as Wolves are fine with that, sure

Zlatattack

Hopefully he stays at Wolves this summer, and once he's had enough of midlands mediocrity, we can sign him next season when we have the cash to splash on a really good CM.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Hopefully he stays at Wolves this summer, and once he's had enough of midlands mediocrity, we can sign him next season when we have the cash to splash on a really good CM.
Hopefully he stays with us for a lot longer and helps to make the Midlands less mediocre! ;)

He will leave at some point in the future, but I expect it will be to a top, top side. Probably Man City or Juventus.

ManRed

Gets signed by a championship club for £16m, has 1 good season in the 'championship'. Bang!! Is now worth £100m. Some of these valuations are done on Essiens calculator

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Truth be said he'd fit City or Juve like a glove, although I have my reservations about him in Italian Football. Teams are much less likely to concede space in the back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bid 60 million and let's get him. Then again, I'm mostly relying on bits and pieces I've seen of him. Hopefully he's as good a passer as that and highlights reel suggest.

amolbhatia50k

Best game of the season for him without a doubt, this is the Neves from last year. Played well against Liverpool too so hopefully he is finding his feet like Jota has. If anyone wants to buy him it’ll take 100mil.
Would it really take 100 million? He's definitely not a 100 million player. How rich are the Wolves owners btw?

Might be a struggle to get him tbf. Remember reading wolves owners have the ambition of winning the league within 7 seasons, hence all the investment. You think theyd be willing to part with a key player with ambitions like that?
I don't think he's going to stay to win the league 7-10 years from now. Maybe when they've progressed to becoming a to 4 side they can pitch that to players wanting to leave.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Would it really take 100 million? He's definitely not a 100 million player. How rich are the Wolves owners btw?

I don't think he's going to stay to win the league 7-10 years from now. Maybe when they've progressed to becoming a to 4 side they can pitch that to players wanting to leave.
We’re owned by the FOSUN group. One member of it is worth 7.3 billion but the overall group is worth 60 billion. Agreed he may not be a 100 million player but he is for us. He’s crucial to our success and our owners aspire to be like City and break into the top 6, there’s no reason for us to sell for less than that.

Reactions: KM

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maybe it’s being greedy, but I’d love if his dribbling ability was a better. Think in that role, it’s very much an added string to be able to shuffle away under pressure to beat the press. That’s why I’m such a fan of De Jong, and Verratti has this same quality.

Like Carrick, Neves will likely be able to pick teams off that sit back, but when pressed, could crumble a bit.

amolbhatia50k

We’re owned by the FOSUN group. One member of it is worth 7.3 billion but the overall group is worth 60 billion. Agreed he may not be a 100 million player but he is for us. He’s crucial to our success and our owners aspire to be like City and break into the top 6, there’s no reason for us to sell for less than that.
Fecksake. Another City /Chelsea in the PL soon then. Madness.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Only way you'd sell would be if he forced the move. Wouldn't totally surprise me if it happened.

Dion

It won't be another City/Chelsea, for reasons that will be apparent to anyone who has ever been to Wolverhampton.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Fecksake. Another City /Chelsea in the PL soon then. Madness.
Well, their owner has said the Wolves project is different to those clubs. However, he doesn't explain exactly how it's any different. So yes, another City/Chelsea.
It has to be somewhat different as the FFP rules stop an owner pumping in ridiculous sums of money! Opening up the Chinese and e-Sport markets appear to by ways we are looking to grow our revenue sufficiently to be able to compete.

The Mendes connection is the unique factor though. Without his players, we wouldn't be where we are.

It won't be another City/Chelsea, for reasons that will be apparent to anyone who has ever been to Wolverhampton.
Everywhere has its good and bad parts though doesn't it? Greater Manchester has some of the highest crime rates in the UK, so does that make it a bad place to live or work? A lot of our players are housed in the more rural South West of Wolverhampton and all have commented on how much they like it there.

Fosun have stated that not only do they want to bring prosperity to our football club, but they also want to help the City of Wolverhampton. They are the best thing that's happened to Wolves for a number of years. A real breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

Ekeke

How can you substantiate that he's worth £100 million to your team? If you have a £100 million player surely you'd be in the top 5 or 6? You're a few places behind and lots more points. Doherty and Moutinho have been just as important as him this season.

I bet you'd do better with £60 million invested in multiple players than you're doing with him in CM.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
How can you substantiate that he's worth £100 million to your team? If you have a £100 million player surely you'd be in the top 5 or 6? You're a few places behind and lots more points. Doherty and Moutinho have been just as important as him this season.

I bet you'd do better with £60 million invested in multiple players than you're doing with him in CM.
Neves is the face of this team, the team is built around him. He’s the most important clog regardless if he hasn’t played as good this year, when we signed him it put us on the map more everyone wondered why he’d gone to Wolves, it also showed how strong the Mendes link is. He’s a £100 million player for us, We can/will invest 60 million in the team without selling Neves.

Also it’s ridiculous to suggest if he was a 100 million player we should be top 5/6. If we had Pogba playing as well as he’s done in recent weeks, he’d be a 100 million player in our team but we wouldn’t be near the top 6 we’d be in a similar position, it’s our first season in the league in a long while and a lot of our players are still adjusting, see Jota for example.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Neves is the face of this team, the team is built around him. He’s the most important clog regardless if he hasn’t played as good this year, when we signed him it put us on the map more everyone wondered why he’d gone to Wolves, it also showed how strong the Mendes link is. He’s a £100 million player for us, We can/will invest 60 million in the team without selling Neves.

Also it’s ridiculous to suggest if he was a 100 million player we should be top 5/6. If we had Pogba playing as well as he’s done in recent weeks, he’d be a 100 million player in our team but we wouldn’t be near the top 6 we’d be in a similar position, it’s our first season in the league in a long while and a lot of our players are still adjusting, see Jota for example.
Precisely the reason he won't stay there much longer.

Ekeke

You think you wouldnt be 10 points better off with a Pogba in your team?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hopefully he stays with us for a lot longer and helps to make the Midlands less mediocre! ;)

He will leave at some point in the future, but I expect it will be to a top, top side. Probably Man City or Juventus.
Juve will not pay you 60m let alone 100m

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Maybe. But Mendes has more of an interest in our growth than other clubs he deals with, so wouldn't unnecessarily move Neves on if it were to affect that.
Not saying he will leave already this season, but can't see him being there much longer than that, maybe 2020.

If big clubs will aproach him and they start demanding huge sums that no one will pay unless Mendes comes with one of his "clubs" on China, don't be surprised if the player or agent will force the move.

It happens with bigger clubs. It will be the same now. Enjoy it because Mendes is there to make money and nothing else more.

Dion

Everywhere has its good and bad parts though doesn't it? Greater Manchester has some of the highest crime rates in the UK, so does that make it a bad place to live or work? A lot of our players are housed in the more rural South West of Wolverhampton and all have commented on how much they like it there.

Fosun have stated that not only do they want to bring prosperity to our football club, but they also want to help the City of Wolverhampton. They are the best thing that's happened to Wolves for a number of years. A real breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.
Oh for sure, I'm sure there are lots of lovely places in Wolverhampton, especially when you can afford a big house outside of Wolverhampton. The problem is it will never be Manchester or London, with all the trappings of a major city. There's a reason the Sheik's went for City.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thing is, he pretty clearly joined Wolves as a stepping stone club, that much was apparent when he signed. If the club started demanding £100m and pricing him out of a transfer it'd probably put off potential Neves-esque signings in the future, because you lose the appeal that attracted him in the first place. Neves is a fine player, but £100m? Not a chance.

NYAS

These Juve posts are getting on my tits. He’s not going to Juve, they have Pjanic in that role and before that have had Pirlo there and they always surround their deep-lying playmaker with box-to-box workhorses (Marchisio/Vidal/Khedira/Matuidi/Can) and they’ve also signed Aaron Ramsey.

If we’re interested it’s between us and City.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Not saying he will leave already this season, but can't see him being there much longer than that, maybe 2020.

If big clubs will aproach him and they start demanding huge sums that no one will pay unless Mendes comes with one of his "clubs" on China, don't be surprised if the player or agent will force the move.

It happens with bigger clubs. It will be the same now. Enjoy it because Mendes is there to make money and nothing else more.
I don't doubt that for a second.

But which of these makes more money for Mendes over the long-term?

1) Helping us become a mid-table Premier League club and then selling our best players to the highest bidder?

2) Establishing us as a team that can challenge the elite and can pay inflated transfer fees for all of his best young prospects from Portugal and/or players from his larger network of associated clubs?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't doubt that for a second.

But which of these makes more money for Mendes over the long-term?

1) Helping us become a mid-table Premier League club and then selling our best players to the highest bidder?

2) Establishing us as a team that can challenge the elite and can pay inflated transfer fees for all of his best young prospects from Portugal and/or players from his larger network of associated clubs?
I will give you a quick answer. 1 and 2. And in the end he always makes money. ;)

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
These Juve posts are getting on my tits. He’s not going to Juve, they have Pjanic in that role and before that have had Pirlo there and they always surround their deep-lying playmaker with box-to-box workhorses (Marchisio/Vidal/Khedira/Matuidi/Can) and they’ve also signed Aaron Ramsey.

If we’re interested it’s between us and City.
Here's why when he does leave Wolves, it'll probably be for Juve:
  1. He will be better than Pjanic very soon
  2. Pirlo was his idol (hence his "I think, therefore I play" finger to the temple goal celebration), so he will want to play for a team where his idol was so successful
  3. Mendes has taken some of his best talent to Juve in the last few years (Ronaldo and Cancelo)

NYAS

Here's why when he does leave Wolves, it'll probably be for Juve:
  1. He will be better than Pjanic very soon
  2. Pirlo was his idol (hence his "I think, therefore I play" finger to the temple goal celebration), so he will want to play for a team where his idol was so successful
  3. Mendes has taken some of his best talent to Juve in the last few years (Ronaldo and Cancelo)
You severely underrate Pjanic’s playing ability and overrate Juve’s spending ability. Pjanic is turning 29 in April, for a DLP that’s a nothing age.

Want to make a bet that his next club will not be Juve? £30 donation to the caf.