Ruben Neves - Player watch

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think it would be better for him to stay at Wolves more one season if they get promoted, other thing who might have facilitated his transition is the fact he is playing under a portuguese manager, with some other players from Portugal or ex Porto players, who made his adaptation to England more easy.

So it would be better for him at Premier League level to maintain one more season to this without the pressure of big transfers associated to him imo, if he keeps developing than why not see next season if he is ready to step up another level, after all he will be only 22 in 2019 :D

I always said since 2014 he was more talented than Sanches, also more inteligent without relying on the physicality of the game, so it is fair to say from the 2 he is the one who will make it, if he doesn't take wrong decisions or bad luck with injuries.
Agree in all counts. It all depends on how much Fosun is willing to invest if they get promotion. If they give Nuno an ambitious budget, it will be hard to get him out of Wolves. I don't know Fosun and Mendes objectives for Wolves but with the club in the PL, i can see them stepping up in the investment.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Agree in all counts. It all depends on how much Fosun is willing to invest if they get promotion. If they give Nuno an ambitious budget, it will be hard to get him out of Wolves. I don't know Fosun and Mendes objectives for Wolves but with the club in the PL, i can see them stepping up in the investment.
Fair to say I also think NES is a good manager, regardless of the fact he was seen as a failure when he left Porto.

Lets see if when they are promoted Mendes will not make the same mistakes as he did with Valencia, Besiktas or Deportivo and starts disrupting the team with a lot of new signings, truth of the matter I always liked Neves, and I am not the kind of person who likes to overhype players from Portugal or Mendes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Fair to say I also think NES is a good manager, regardless of the fact he was seen as a failure when he left Porto.

Lets see if when they are promoted Mendes will not make the same mistakes as he did with Valencia, Besiktas or Deportivo and starts disruting the team with a lot of new signings, truth of the matter I always liked Neves, and I am not the kind of person who likes to overhype players from Portugal or Mendes.
Yep, me too. I also like his personality, quiet and level headed, already married and with kids with 20 years. I think he will become an important NT player in the future. I'm rooting for him.

Oldyella

Lets see if when they are promoted Mendes will not make the same mistakes as he did with Valencia, Besiktas or Deportivo and starts disrupting the team with a lot of new signings, truth of the matter I always liked Neves, and I am not the kind of person who likes to overhype players from Portugal or Mendes.
Would be short sighted of him if he did. A club coming up to the prem with plenty of money to spend and seemingly a lot of ambition. He could be bringing them a client or two every year for big pay days.

Robbie Boy

He's way too good for the championship. Looking forward to seeing him and Wolves in the PL next season.

L1nk

Rumours floating around today that we are looking at him for the summer, I was personally interested in him before he went to Wolves, anyone that watches more of the Championship can say he'd be worth it? Only really heard and seen some stuff

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Rumours floating around today that we are looking at him for the summer, I was personally interested in him before he went to Wolves, anyone that watches more of the Championship can say he'd be worth it? Only really heard and seen some stuff
Wolves' player of the season so far and the man that makes them tick. Has also scored a few worldies. He's way too good for the Champo. Could be a goer with the Mendes connection.

Santos J

Not sure he's ready for the step up yet, think it'd do him good staying at Wolves next season in the PL. He has been fantastic for them though and he, along with a few of their other players, has looked a level above most of the Championship.

Nick7

Think he's class and has great potential. Wouldn't mind us picking him up.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'd let him prove himself with a PL season on Wolverhampton. The potencial problem is that he could end up being extremely expensive if he does well. I'm very impressed with his season but it's still championship level season. Even Ivan Cavaleiro is doing well so we need some perspective in this type of achievements. He has alot of potencial nevertheless. With his age, he could be a long term midfield option.

MrPooni

I've been to the Molineux quite a few times this season and he's really impressed me.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Get in there early and snap him up before he shines in the PL and the price triples.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sign him IMO we are short in that area and he has a lot of talent

stubie

Has been named in the senior squad to face Egypt and Holland

Devil may care

Watched him on Saturday against Villa, obviously it's a lower level but he looks like the confidence he had when he burst onto the scene at Porto is back, he's taken on responsibility in a tough league in a foreign country and is looking the part, he has the physicality to step up to the PL without any issues IMO and on the ball he reminds me so much of Xabi Alonso.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watched him on Saturday against Villa, obviously it's a lower level but he looks like the confidence he had when he burst onto the scene at Porto is back, he's taken on responsibility in a tough league in a foreign country and is looking the part, he has the physicality to step up to the PL without any issues IMO and on the ball he reminds me so much of Xabi Alonso.
TBH the championship is more physical now in terms of roughness than the PL. If he is doing well there then he will have no problems.

mav_9me

Brilliant passes there. Sounds like would be a good fit for us being a good passer and still with enough defensive work rate, no?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he is a very good player and would be an excellent addition to the squad. Plus I have bought him on FIFA a few times in years gone by :angel: yes please.

izec

That first pass is so nice to watch when the ball glides over the pitch. I feel he wont stay too long at Wolverhampton, another good year in the Premier League and he will be off to a top 6 club.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should stay with wolves one more year, get a taster of the PL in a team he's already settled in.

siw2007

Very impressive debut season in the Championship. Would be a bit of a risk to go for him but it’s definitely a risk I would take. He is a talented boy and sometimes a player just needs the right stage to show what they’re made of.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can we have him please!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
FIFA goal of the year candidate right there.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
How is this guy playing for Wolves. Looks a very classy player indeed. All season long as well.