Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What are the Wolves fans saying about him? Anyone got any info?
One was in this thread saying he does the simple stuff really well. Something we're not used to, watching Fred and McT every week.

DavelinaJolie

Even though his pace isn't great, his range of passing would be a big improvement from deep midfield and he's clearly a very good defensive shield. There may be better players, but who is attainable now at a reasonable price (e.g. not only interested in moving the Real Madrid, not £70m)? To me, he's the best realistic option, given the additions Utd have made, I think he'd be a very good complimentary player in that role.

MUFC OK

I think we'd be surprised at how good he would be for us. To me he's always had the profile of a united player.

Neves, Pogba, Bruno with a solid defence behind could be immense for us imo, and we'd still have Mctom, Fred and VDB for depth. Get it done.

mancan92

Don't get too carried away, from his time in the PL & Championship, according to TransferMarkt he has played 151 games scoring 17 and assisting only 7, a goal contribution every 0.15 games, Mctominay has a ratio of 0.13. He isn't here to provide more assists or goals.

In a defensive sense he doesn't stand out either compared to true defensive midfielders and according to the premier league website, Fred created 8 big chances and Neves only created 10.

I don't see what he does that is much better than Fred or Mctominay
He plays far deeper than mctom or Fred. You clearly haven't watched much of him. He is a deep lying midfielder not a box to box. Why would his creativity stats be high?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If it's true he's available for around 30-35m, then it's a bit of a risk-free move. He certainly adds something we lack from deep, and we'd make our money back on moving him on if not.

Not keen if he's a Pogba replacement, but if we're moving on Lingard and Matic, he's a good option.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He plays far deeper than mctom or Fred. You clearly haven't watched much of him. He is a deep lying midfielder not a box to box. Why would his creativity stats be high?
I have watched him and I was comparing deeper lying midfielders, which all 3 classify as in terms of the space they occupy, Why would I consider his creativity stats? A lot seem to point out his passing as one of his key attributes

mancan92

I have watched him and I was comparing deeper lying midfielders, which all 3 classify as in terms of the space they occupy, Why would I consider his creativity stats? A lot seem to point out his passing as one of his key attributes
But they don't occupy the same space. Mctom plays further forward and is more box to box. Fred plays similar areas to Neves but is also much more up and down. Neves is side to side similar to Carrick a position that neither mctom or Fred play. If you pass from deep you are unlikely to have direct high creativity stats are you are normally the assist to the assister.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
Forget last season, Nuno had us playing ultra defensive even though to be fair Neves numbers were still good.

he can tackle and wins a lot of balls, his vision is unreal and the amount of times he picked out Jota’s runs were incredible, real ball on a sixpence type stuff, I can only imagine those kind of balls for Sancho and the rest of your forwards.

he does like to drop and stay deep although I’m not sure if this is because Nuno insisted on playing Moutinho too, don’t get me wrong, I love Moutinho but his legs have gone and he shouldn’t be starting for us anymore, he should be seeing the game out.

Neves can obviously also strike a ball very well, something which you know from one of the games we played you at Molineux.

I really really hope he stays because he’s my favourite of all the Fosun era players but he’s given us 4 years and lots of memories, especially THAT derby goal and I wouldn’t begrudge him a move to challenge at the very top level.

Reactions: Ødegaard

Highfather_24

Forget last season, Nuno had us playing ultra defensive even though to be fair Neves numbers were still good.

he can tackle and wins a lot of balls, his vision is unreal and the amount of times he picked out Jota’s runs were incredible, real ball on a sixpence type stuff, I can only imagine those kind of balls for Sancho and the rest of your forwards.

he does like to drop and stay deep although I’m not sure if this is because Nuno insisted on playing Moutinho too, don’t get me wrong, I love Moutinho but his legs have gone and he shouldn’t be starting for us anymore, he should be seeing the game out.

Neves can obviously also strike a ball very well, something which you know from one of the games we played you at Molineux.

I really really hope he stays because he’s my favourite of all the Fosun era players but he’s given us 4 years and lots of memories, especially THAT derby goal and I wouldn’t begrudge him a move to challenge at the very top level.
How good is he at controlling the tempo of the game? We need a player like that in our midfield because McFred are more of a ballwinner type.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
That half volley against Derby... What a goal.
Agreed. Special goal, but goodness me that commentator is irritating! I bailed half way after the Arsenal goal or my tablet was in danger of flying out of the window!

As for Neves, he always seemed to be a bit special for the Wolves. In the 350,000 matches we seem to have played against Wolves in the last year or 2 (when not paying Chelsea, obvs) he’s the one that gets the crowd excited, and seems to be the One that gets thing going from inside there own half. k if the price is right I’d take him over Rice, who really doesn’t seem special at all.

SATA

I really like what the Wolves fans have been saying about him here. They have watch him for four years and they know exactly what they are talking about so i choose to believe them than some caftards who only watch him perhaps twice a year. Not a superstar signing but for the right money which isn’t at all unreasonable, I believe he’ll bring a massive improvement to our team with his own style and ability

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
He’s very good at controlling the game, he’s like an NFL quarterback, sits back and dictates play.

yes I agree, the commentator is an annoying knob, just says Ruben Neves 3 times

the worst thing from our point of view is you’ll get him at a good price because he’s part of the Mendes carousel, we got him cheap so he will be moved on cheap, albeit at a small profit, just like we did with Jota, he easily worth £50m in today’s market but we won’t get that for him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He’s very good at controlling the game, he’s like an NFL quarterback, sits back and dictates play.

the worst thing from our point of view is you’ll get him at a good price because he’s part of the Mendes carousel, we got him cheap so he will be moved on cheap, albeit at a small profit, just like we did with Jota, he easily worth £50m in today’s market but we won’t get that for him.
£35m reported fee is expensive as is.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
35m is reasonable. Offer them 20m+Lingard and Jones while we're at it

Dante

Average bang
Wolves collect Portuguese players like their Pokemon cards. Offer them Dalot and a six pack of pasteis de natas.

LonelyFire

I think you’ll lose him but I’ll be stunned if it’s to Utd. We haven’t done business with Mendes in a long time. Lastly, I just do not believe Utd are actually interested.

Dante

Average bang
Care to share my bredren?
The link is here: link

But it's only a transcription of the video I posted yesterday:

No idea how reliable Dean Jones from Eurosport is. But he talks about Saul from 13:50 then mentions Neves from 39:32.
The quotes in the Express article are from 13:50 onwards.

As far as I can tell, about 90% of all links between Neves and United can trace their way back to something Dean Jones has said on a podcast or on Eurosport. That doesn't mean they're not true. But it is an awful lot of faith riding on the sources of one man.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sell Pogba and use the cash for Neves and Trippier.

Neves sitting deep and using his passing range would be devastating on the break with the pace in our side.

As he naturally sits, it leaves Fred free to do what he does best and close down and intercept passes and hunt for the ball.

This is the type of player we need.

Artorias

So if we could sell Pogba (and maybe Lingard) we could afford Neves and Trippier. Not a bad move and will solve a lot of problems.

Zoo

Romano doesn’t even mention him in his latest update. He’s probably low down on the list or maybe not even on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.