Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholsey2004

Romano doesn’t even mention him in his latest update. He’s probably low down on the list or maybe not even on it.
I'd like us to get him but we arent really seeing any credible links, mostly just speculation.

PoTMS

Buy him. The price tag is peanuts. He's got Manchester United player written all over him. I could see him having a Carrick effect on us.

poleglass red

I'd imagine the lack of noise re him in press is probably due to the fact, that this seemingly would be an easy transaction. the price seems to be 35m. I think maybe we might have to sell someone to possibly offset that. I know 35m is peanuts, but we knew our budget was 100m, we've basically overspent that already. We might need to sell one/some of our fringe players first. Arsenal have been keen, he hasn't went, almost seems like he is waiting on our interest to become confirmed.I think this lad is a no brainer for us, exactly what we need

Swedish_Plumber

Is he able to take the ball facing his own goal under pressure and pivot to turn into space and get us going forward quickly? Cause that’s what we need alongside defensive capability.

the_cliff

The more I think about it the more I think this signing make sense. Hope we can sell some of our deadwood so we can get him in by the end of the window.
A single pivot with Pogba/DVB and Bruno ahead of him against the smaller teams would be amazing and would help us break teams down, which is what we struggled with last season. Can also play with Fred in a double pivot against the bigger teams.

Tony247

Buy him. The price tag is peanuts. He's got Manchester United player written all over him. I could see him having a Carrick effect on us.
If we get him our 4-3-3 is done for this year at least, even if Pogba leaves.

I have watched him and I was comparing deeper lying midfielders, which all 3 classify as in terms of the space they occupy, Why would I consider his creativity stats? A lot seem to point out his passing as one of his key attributes
Yeah but he stays deep and his role isn't to create assists or chances, it's to start attacks. Not all good passes create chances.

He's a sitting midfielder. Not sure he's exactly what we need - he's not very mobile, and I'd worry about him getting bypassed on the counter - but he fits the profile we need better than Fred or McTominay, who both like to run around a lot and join the attack, and neither can reliably play forward passes or control a game's tempo.

Dante

Average bang
It's the same source as before: Dean Jones from Eurosport.

I think he's literally been the source of every single link to Neves I've seen in this thread so far this summer.

The article above has been written off the back of quotes from 13:50 onwards in this video.

No idea how reliable Dean Jones from Eurosport is. But he talks about Saul from 13:50 then mentions Neves from 39:32.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'd imagine the lack of noise re him in press is probably due to the fact, that this seemingly would be an easy transaction. the price seems to be 35m. I think maybe we might have to sell someone to possibly offset that. I know 35m is peanuts, but we knew our budget was 100m, we've basically overspent that already. We might need to sell one/some of our fringe players first. Arsenal have been keen, he hasn't went, almost seems like he is waiting on our interest to become confirmed.I think this lad is a no brainer for us, exactly what we need
If I had to guess, I would say that Camavinga is Ole's first choice, and we're waiting to see what happens with him before moving on to alternative targets (Neves, Saul, etc)

Likewise, I imagine Neves is probably waiting (and keeping Arsenal waiting) for us to decide whether to go for him.

Revan

Assumptionman
For 35m, I would be all for it. At the very worst case he is better than any of McFred, and would push one of them in the bench (or both, if Pogba decides to bother) which would be good for United. Not sure if he is the real solution though, but definitely he is a good player.

theklr

It's the same source as before: Dean Jones from Eurosport.

I think he's literally been the source of every single link to Neves I've seen in this thread so far this summer.

The article above has been written off the back of quotes from 13:50 onwards in this video.
Well if he is our backup target for whatever situation , it sounds quite reasonable that we’ve done the groundwork so its fast to do if/when we decide to go for it.

Think we did something similar for VDB last year

theklr

For 35m, I would be all for it. At the very worst case he is better than any of McFred, and would push one of them in the bench (or both, if Pogba decides to bother) which would be good for United. Not sure if he is the real solution though, but definitely he is a good player.
For me he is quite different to both of them, with all three having separate strengths and weaknesses. So it could be more to have different qualities to play on in midfield from or withing game to game, with none of them the automatic option as we’ve seen last season.

And ofcourse , with his defensive contribution it helps alot with the rotation/backup as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
seems we’re waiting on pogbas decision before we do anything in midfield.

I suspect we will give him an ultimatum, sign a new deal or be sold this summer.

we’ve sounded out a few interested parties so will probably make our move once that’s figured out

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Every single article is based on that Eurosport fellas comments. This is a complete nothing link.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
3rd most interceptions in the PL last season.

I'm getting more and more on board this particular muppet train y'know.

Womp

idiot
Neves, Locatelli, Camavinga, Tchouameni etc. Some very interesting options for the deeper midfield position.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Romano doesn’t even mention him in his latest update. He’s probably low down on the list or maybe not even on it.
Who was on his list, out of curiousity?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
seems we’re waiting on pogbas decision before we do anything in midfield.

I suspect we will give him an ultimatum, sign a new deal or be sold this summer.

we’ve sounded out a few interested parties so will probably make our move once that’s figured out
That won't be good enough really. Pogba is much better further up the pitch and we need an effective DM

theklr

Rice, Saul, Camavinga seems to be our most reliable transfers. But the first two is very likely dependant on Pogba sale, or at least very many other sales.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Considering that £50-60m was quoted when they got promoted, it's a good fee.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rice, Saul, Camavinga seems to be our most reliable transfers. But the first two is very likely dependant on Pogba sale, or at least very many other sales.
Yeah I see, makes sense.

Zoo

Saul, Camavinga, Rice, Goretzka. The latter two are seen as unlikely with Rice being priced at £80m and Goretzka very likely to extend with Bayern.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That won't be good enough really. Pogba is much better further up the pitch and we need an effective DM
I don't think Ole really wants a pure DM.

The rumour of us playing 4-3-3 was clearly nonsense, so in his eyes we have 5 midfielders (matic,dvb,fred,scott,pogba)

I assume if we lose Pogba then he will look for camavinga,neves,saul etc. All capable of playing in the 2 CM positions.

theklr

Could we sell Matic (e.g. to Roma?) and have Neves take over his role in the team?
Well, they are quite different players , but dont think anyone would complain about that at all!

Problem is selling Matic probably would only get you 1/3 of the way in terms of transfer fee. Wage wise it helps very much though.

jesperjaap

The main argument I seem to be reading why people think we should sign him is the £35m price tag. Of coruse within the premiership that is peanuts.........but there are loads of players on the continent at that price of far far cheaper that I think are far better players already or potentially than Neves, so I just dont get this argument

Mr Smith

The main argument I seem to be reading why people think we should sign him is the £35m price tag. Of coruse within the premiership that is peanuts.........but there are loads of players on the continent at that price of far far cheaper that I think are far better players already or potentially than Neves, so I just dont get this argument
Can you name those players out if curiosity?

theklr

Players cheaper than that on the continent has the risk of using a long time to adapt to PL , if they do at all. VDB is a case in point here. Ofcourse , they might do it instantly, but one never knows. And I dont think we have the possibility of brooding in yet another midfielder if we are going to challenge this year.

Classical Mechanic

If Pogba left than yes. He has some qualities that our remaining midfielders lack. He has the same weaknesses as Pogba in that he gets overrun in midfield a lot which could cause the same issue when teams sit in against us and look to counter.

theklr

If Pogba left than yes. He has some qualities that our remaining midfielders lack. He has the same weaknesses as Pogba in that he gets overrun in midfield a lot which could cause the same issue when teams sit in against us and look to counter.
While I agree he is as immobile as Pogba, he has far better defensive stats and is used to sitting quite deep (more positionally disciplined), so that wont be as much of a problem I think.

As far as i know he doesnt dwindle as much on the ball or try carrying it forward as much as Pogba either .

Classical Mechanic

While I agree he is as immobile as Pogba, he has far better defensive stats and is used to sitting quite deep (more positionally disciplined), so that wont be as much of a problem I think.

As far as i know he doesnt dwindle as much on the ball or try carrying it forward as much as Pogba either .
If you look at his defensive stats he's among the worst players in Europe for getting dribbled past, when you're playing against a camped defence half of your games I think this weakness becomes more vulnerable.

https://fbref.com/en/players/44bfb6c5/scout/365_euro/Ruben-Neves-Scouting-Report

You could be right though. Perhaps it will be a lower occuring event with him because of the strengh of the rest of his defensive game.

theklr

I am also worried that Neves can't hold that line with Pogba alongside.
Absolutely, that would be horrendous :lol:

If we bring in Neves i'm 100% sure he will be a rotation option for our double pivot with McT or Fred besides him, so we can have another type of player there and also for rotational purposes - as they seem to play alot of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.