JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why does he have to bind?
It's the rule.
I’ll give you a clue
He doesn’t
Joining a ruck

1. An arriving player must be on their feet and join from behind their offside line.
  2. A player may join alongside but not in front of the hindmost player.
  3. A player must bind onto a team-mate or an opposition player. The bind must precede or be simultaneous with contact with any other part of the body.
  4. Players must join the ruck or retire behind their offside line immediately.
  5. Players who have previously been part of the ruck may rejoin the ruck, provided they do so from an onside position.
  6. Sanction: Penalty.
https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/law/15

JPRouve

Scout
Do you need another clue?
That's a bit harsh. :lol:

Rugby laws are not the easiest to fully know and in this particular case referees keep ignoring some of the easiest and clearer laws which will lead people to think that there are no fouls.

Edit: I forgot to mention that he is also offside.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
So, if England beat France scoring at least 4 tries and Scotland beat Ireland without Ireland getting a bonus point, England, yes England, will win the 6 Nations. It's about as likely as Rassie Erasmus and Nic Berry sharing a beer but stranger things have happened. Imagine Scotland getting a result that enables England to win the 6 Nations.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So, if England beat France scoring at least 4 tries and Scotland beat Ireland without Ireland getting a bonus point, England, yes England, will win the 6 Nations. It's about as likely as Rassie Erasmus and Nic Berry sharing a beer but stranger things have happened. Imagine Scotland getting a result that enables England to win the 6 Nations.
If it was just England had to win and Scotland had to win then I might have a kindling of hope, but England aren’t going to torch France and Scotland definitely aren’t keeping Ireland quiet in Dublin.

It really doesn’t matter for England fans though….we had seriously low expectations coming into this and it’s just been nice to see the team click for once. I think France are fair game as well and we should be looking to turn them over in Lyon (though that will still be quite an upset)

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If it was just England had to win and Scotland had to win then I might have a kindling of hope, but England aren’t going to torch France and Scotland definitely aren’t keeping Ireland quiet in Dublin.

It really doesn’t matter for England fans though….we had seriously low expectations coming into this and it’s just been nice to see the team click for once. I think France are fair game as well and we should be looking to turn them over in Lyon (though that will still be quite an upset)
Plus, England's rugby side is doing better than its cricket side at the moment.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

If you beat France and Ireland, you are pretty much deserved winners.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Plus, England's rugby side is doing better than its cricket side at the moment.
…..thanks for that :lol:
If you beat France and Ireland, you are pretty much deserved winners.
It would be a massive irony if we beat Ireland and France but didn’t get the title because we’d lost to Scotland….who subsequently went on to lose to Italy.

JPRouve

Scout
I get why France is mentioned but this year we are not at the required level. The turnover in key positions has been a bit difficult to digest, I think that the staff underestimated the importance of certain players' profiles. Ntamak, Dupont and Couilloux provided a perfect balance of kicking and attacking the line during the course of an entire game. Dupont and Couilloux also recycle the ball at a high pace which was integral the way France played.

Without them, you have to drastically change the way you play and change the player's combinations. The game against Wales is going to be interesting with the axis of the backline being almost totally changed.

RedDevilRoshi

We ain’t winning in Dublin so there is nothing to imagine there. Ireland will pump us beyond imagination next week so don’t get too excited England fans :D. Kinda glad Italy embarrassed us yesterday as this is the most overrated Scotland team that I can remember. Feck knows how some of our fanbase up here cream over this lot as if they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. We are overrated and pish - end of.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We ain’t winning in Dublin so there is nothing to imagine there. Ireland will pump us beyond imagination next week so don’t get too excited England fans :D. Kinda glad Italy embarrassed us yesterday as this is the most overrated Scotland team that I can remember. Feck knows how some of our fanbase up here cream over this lot as if they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. We are overrated and pish - end of.
People said Ireland would destroy England, and Scotland are arguably a better side.

JPRouve

Scout
The kids aren't comfortable with the defensive system but there are some promising phases.

Charlie Foley

That's a bit harsh. :lol:

Rugby laws are not the easiest to fully know and in this particular case referees keep ignoring some of the easiest and clearer laws which will lead people to think that there are no fouls.

Edit: I forgot to mention that he is also offside.
I know, just funny seeing someone wade in so confident and trying to be a smart ass and then immediately having to walk it back. Just poking some fun at that :angel:

diarm

Antoine Frisch called up by France for next week.

Munster about to get shafted again because as always, Ireland prefer to select 3rd choice Leinster players than players other provinces have developed to a level that other tier 1 nations want to poach them.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Antoine Frisch called up by France for next week.

Munster about to get shafted again because as always, Ireland prefer to select 3rd choice Leinster players than players other provinces have developed to a level that other tier 1 nations want to poach them.
I wonder where he is for either team when everyone’s fit, they’re both stacked at centre. France have a right backs injury crisis at the moment though

diarm

I wonder where he is for either team when everyone’s fit, they’re both stacked at centre. France have a right backs injury crisis at the moment though
Just typical short sightedness around anything non-Leinstercentric in Ireland though.

Our centres are all the wrong side of 30 and Frisch is a quality player worth pinning down. We consistently blood the fewest number of players of any of the tier one nations in between world cups and it’s not exactly as though it’s some secret recipe that’s working for us when it counts.

Gibson-Park and Lowe were miles off other players in their positions when they first qualified for Ireland, but they were stuck with and invested in, and in the long run it was to the benefit of both Ireland and Leinster.

Lads in the same boat for other provinces don’t get that same chance and it means we end up losing out. We had to pick between Snyman and Kleyn (further to Leinsters benefit), we lost Healy to Edinburgh and now we’ll have to pick between Frisch and Nankivell in 15 months time. I’m shocked England haven’t made a move for Mike Haley yet and I’m expecting someone to dig up a foreign granny for John Hodnett any day now.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Just typical short sightedness around anything non-Leinstercentric in Ireland though.

Our centres are all the wrong side of 30 and Frisch is a quality player worth pinning down. We consistently blood the fewest number of players of any of the tier one nations in between world cups and it’s not exactly as though it’s some secret recipe that’s working for us when it counts.

Gibson-Park and Lowe were miles off other players in their positions when they first qualified for Ireland, but they were stuck with and invested in, and in the long run it was to the benefit of both Ireland and Leinster.

Lads in the same boat for other provinces don’t get that same chance and it means we end up losing out. We had to pick between Snyman and Kleyn (further to Leinsters benefit), we lost Healy to Edinburgh and now we’ll have to pick between Frisch and Nankivell in 15 months time. I’m shocked England haven’t made a move for Mike Haley yet and I’m expecting someone to dig up a foreign granny for John Hodnett any day now.
Yeah the age thing is a very good point actually. I suppose France will have one eye on replacing Fickou at some point as well.

Hodnett is a dog, I love watching him play. Would he play alongside JVDF for the national team? I suppose he’d have to

diarm

Yeah the age thing is a very good point actually. I suppose France will have one eye on replacing Fickou at some point as well.

Hodnett is a dog, I love watching him play. Would he play alongside JVDF for the national team? I suppose he’d have to
No serious 30+ player rugby squad should have only one proper openside in it. The fact he hasn’t been included in so much as a training squad is a joke.

Munster won the league last year, winning a succession of massive, high pressure away games in a row to do so. SA, Scotland and now France have all taken a player from the side that did that, but Ireland haven’t taken a single player who wasn’t already inside the circle before it.

Instead they pick the same lads who’ve spent the past two seasons crumbling at the crucial games, and then act surprised when they falter at Quarter Finals and Grand Slam deciders.

I can see I’m lashing out a bit here, but it’s just very frustrating that being 3rd choice at Leinster is an easier way to a green shirt than being first choice anywhere else.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No serious 30+ player rugby squad should have only one proper openside in it. The fact he hasn’t been included in so much as a training squad is a joke.

Munster won the league last year, winning a succession of massive, high pressure away games in a row to do so. SA, Scotland and now France have all taken a player from the side that did that, but Ireland haven’t taken a single player who wasn’t already inside the circle before it.

Instead they pick the same lads who’ve spent the past two seasons crumbling at the crucial games, and then act surprised when they falter at Quarter Finals and Grand Slam deciders.

I can see I’m lashing out a bit here, but it’s just very frustrating that being 3rd choice at Leinster is an easier way to a green shirt than being first choice anywhere else.
More than bit, I’d say!

Bit mad to be having a moan about a centre not getting enough game time for Ireland when someone as good as McCloskey can barely get a look in and neither him nor Ringrose even made the squad over the weekend.

Plus you’re having a moan about Munster players not getting a fair crack of the whip and criticising Farell for holding on to old players for too long, when the old player who cost us most recently plays for Munster!

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Interesting take actually. And I can understand the dismay.

Well, if Hodnett has any English heritage then he’s welcome to become Hodnettson anytime :lol:

diarm

[
More than bit, I’d say!

Bit mad to be having a moan about a centre not getting enough game time for Ireland when someone as good as McCloskey can barely get a look in and neither him nor Ringrose even made the squad over the weekend.

Plus you’re having a moan about Munster players not getting a fair crack of the whip and criticising Farell for holding on to old players for too long, when the old player who cost us most recently plays for Munster!
McCloskey is the wrong side of 30 and is reportedly off to France in the summer. I’m not even mad at his inclusion per se - more that you get more recognition being a 2nd and 3rd choice player like Frawley or Osborne at Leinster, than you do starting and winning massive games for Munster.

I’m not sure who you’re referring to exactly there, but if it’s O’Mahony - he was part of an entire pack of forwards who were massively outplayed on Saturday. There were plenty of Leinster poster boys who had their arses handed to them as well.

If it’s Murray, then he shouldn’t have been next nor near an Ireland shirt. He hasn’t been first choice for Munster in 18 months now and is honestly, probably in the process of being overtaken by Patterson and Coughlan as backup to Casey.

The fact Ireland keep picking him is just more evidence of the setup not paying any attention to what goes on outside the M50.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
[

McCloskey is the wrong side of 30 and is reportedly off to France in the summer. I’m not even mad at his inclusion per se - more that you get more recognition being a 2nd and 3rd choice player like Frawley or Osborne at Leinster, than you do starting and winning massive games for Munster.

I’m not sure who you’re referring to exactly there, but if it’s O’Mahony - he was part of an entire pack of forwards who were massively outplayed on Saturday. There were plenty of Leinster poster boys who had their arses handed to them as well.

If it’s Murray, then he shouldn’t have been next nor near an Ireland shirt. He hasn’t been first choice for Munster in 18 months now and is honestly, probably in the process of being overtaken by Patterson and Coughlan as backup to Casey.

The fact Ireland keep picking him is just more evidence of the setup not paying any attention to what goes on outside the M50.
Caolan Blade is in phenomenal form for Connacht too.
Scoring tries for fun.

diarm

Caolan Blade is in phenomenal form for Connacht too.
Scoring tries for fun.
Totally agree. Blade should’ve made the squad. I’m not sure why Doak hasn’t been involved, even as a training member of a squad yet either.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I'd like to watch the England vs Ireland match.
How can i do this now please?