Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

padzilla

Hipster
Shows how high Ireland's standards are that winning the six nations with a plus 84 score difference feels like an anticlimax.

RedDevilRoshi

If you had offered me an Ireland 17-13 Scotland scoreline before kick off, I would have snapped your hand off. Will take it as thought we’d get absolutely trounced today.

RedDevilRoshi

Ah come on now. You were playing to win a triple crown. Surely you were hoping for a win?!
All hopes were dashed after last weeks Rome embarrassment. You’d have been mad to have any inkling of hope we were going to win today.

All I was hoping for was to keep the scoreline respectable, and not turn it into a cricket score & especially with our Dublin record, which we did.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I was out all day so missed almost everything.

Delighted for Italy. They should have had 3 wins this tournament. Fair play to them.

Watched the second half of Ireland Scotland. Fairly grim showing.
"Hey look at me, I have a life!"

Show-off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As a kid watching rugby, when it was much less running game, they were the only team who could do things like that.
Australia had a similar style. Historically they are the successful example of flair based Rugby.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As a kid watching rugby, when it was much less running game, they were the only team who could do things like that.
Yeah, used to watch the FIVE nations and whenever the ball went towards a teams own try line, you knew almost every country was touching it down or picking it up and quickly hoofing it.

Then there was France…

Players like Serge Blanco :drool: picking up a ball a few yards behind their own try line and turning and running it out. I literally used to sit forward in my seat and think “here we go!” :lol:.

Theres something about great sport being played with freedom and flair… France at rugby, Brazil football, Ronnie snooker, West Indies cricket.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yeah, used to watch the FIVE nations and whenever the ball went towards a teams own try line, you knew almost every country was touching it down or picking it up and quickly hoofing it.

Then there was France…

Players like Serge Blanco :drool: picking up a ball a few yards behind their own try line and turning and running it out. I literally used to sit forward in my seat and think “here we go!” :lol:.

Theres something about great sport being played with freedom and flair… France at rugby, Brazil football, Ronnie snooker, West Indies cricket.

Exactly, Sella and Berbizier too. And another dude whose name I can't spell.

Edit - Lagisquet!