Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well played England. Well played.

RORY65

Terrific match, shame about the result but the clearly better team on the day won.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Why oh why did Murray kick to touch? So fecking stupid. A minute and a half left. Stick it up your jumper, play a load of phases and it’s over. So annoying. He kicks way too much. Gibson-Park wouldn’t kick that.

Anyhoo. Better team won. Ireland were poor. Hubris.

Dan_F

Best team won, fecking brilliant today.

I’m convinced rugby is a mile behind the NFL in analytics. I’ve said it before and I’ll keep banging the drum. Ireland should have backed themselves to keep the ball for three more collisions to win the game. They allowed England to dictate the result.

edgecutter

Conor Murray needs a kick in the hole. Box kicking every opportunity he had.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Why oh why did Murray kick to touch? So fecking stupid. A minute and a half left. Stick it up your jumper, play a load of phases and it’s over. So annoying. He kicks way too much. Gibson-Park wouldn’t kick that.

Yeah, totally but we were poor all game, we didnt deserve to be ahead at half time.

Dan_F

Agree mate. I think every team would have done the same if that makes you feel better.

RedDevilRoshi

Serious money would have won today after these two results.

Would have been so much better if the Ireland-Scotland & France-England game kicked off at the same time next week rather than this silly one after the other.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it would be easy to gloat as and england fan, but england didn’t win today, rugby did.

eire-red

Ugh, England are like Atletico Madrid, horrible to play.

Ireland nowhere near their best today, but it's a testament to this team that they played below par, and lost by a point with the last kick of the game in Twickenham while chasing a consecutive Grand Slam.

It's easy to forget that they'll still win the 6 Nations next weekend if they beat Scotland, but the standard has been so high it feels like a massive loss.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He's such a twat. Swoops in crowing when England do well. Forgetting they're raising their game because they're playing us. Proper underdog stuff.
Spends all his time on here reporting oppo fans for wumming, as bad a winner as is he is a loser. No class, this thread is better than that usually.