Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

Heardy

My sister is out there on her honeymoon. They’re gutted to miss today’s game and look like they’ll miss out tomorrow as well. Thankfully they’ve got 2 QF tickets but it’s a bit of a shambles from World Rugby’s perspective!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yep even if there are no fans there must be a way to play it. Even fly them to another country to play it. It has to be played
Agreed. Its the bloody world cup not some friendly... and the match is actually important.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Crazy to think they (rugby WC) can’t be more flexible to allow the important games to go ahead. SCO right to be upset if it’s cancelled.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Out of curiosity, has anything like this happened during a big football tournament? Trying to think of a comparable situation and how it was handled but cant remember any.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
When will we know if this game is taking place? They're cutting it fine aren't they.

RedDevilRoshi

Typhoon Haggis is tomorrow when Scotland hammer Japan, right @RedDevilRoshi ?
Of course, Typhoon Haggis is what Scotland is going to do to Japan tomorrow albeit with no upsetting worldwide disaster like Typhoon Hagibis has brought. ;)

Anyways, let’s see how this pitch inspection goes. Listening to Brian O’Driscoll & Sir Ian McGeechan in the studio, it was safe to say they both looked pretty concerned with the events and didn’t seem confident that the game was going to happen.

Doesn’t look good if that was the stadium earlier this morning and there was further rain.

If that is what happens then that’s what happens. But am surprised they’ve not mentioned moving it or anything - I thought they would

They don’t have to, everyone knew the rules re 0-0s beforehand. Would be harsh on Scotland (and maybe Ireland) and a huge favour for Japan

dbs235

Seeing stuff like this makes me grateful to live in England. Yeah the sky can be a bit grey sometimes but at least I never have to worry about my house being ripped apart by hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis and typhoons.

RedDevilRoshi

Will see what happens @unchanged_lineup . Hopefully the game goes ahead but I’m not going to be shocked if it fails the inspection. If it does go ahead, absolutely fantastic and hopefully we get the result we need to qualify with you guys for the quarters, even though I can’t see either of us progressing past our potential QF opponents.

Let’s see what World Rugby says. Not long left till the announcement now, I’d imagine..

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Will see what happens @unchanged_lineup . Hopefully the game goes ahead but I’m not going to be shocked if it fails the inspection. If it does go ahead, absolutely fantastic and hopefully we get the result we need to qualify with you guys for the quarters, even though I can’t see either of us progressing past our potential QF opponents.

Let’s see what World Rugby says. Not long left till the announcement now, I’d imagine..
Still 2-3hrs I'd say unless it leaks.

Traub

I hope it goes ahead and Japan win, it'll be a much easier QF for us then IMO.