Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Man Of the match?

Can’t pick between Underhill and Itoje. Maybe underhill for dumping Barrett, such a moment :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a bit disingenuous. He's a very astute coach and highly respected. Debatable if he's "the best" in the past 15 but he's certainly up there.
I don't really know who that is because the early part of the 15 years would probably be disputed between White, Cotter and Noves while the latter part would be for Jones. And for me Hansen isn't the best kiwi coach let alone best in the world.

Djemba-Djemba

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Being a Scotsman, do I like to see England get beat? Of course. However, I rooted for them in the cricket World Cup as there are a lot of players I admire and I genuinely like watching them. I also admire them in rugby, and while I’m a big fan of the All Blacks England were magnificent today and deserved the win without a doubt.

It might come from the fact I lived in England for 14 years, and I might be alone, but I certainly don’t feel bitter about England. I wish them the best for next week, more than anything I just like to watch good games of rugby.
You're Scottish? What a disappointment. I used to like you as well.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Brilliant performance by England, if anything they should have won by more. The All Blacks couldn’t handle England’s physicality, so many immense individual performances by the England. I’ve never seen All Black players being driven back in tackles like this before.
England aren’t there yet, I suspect SA or Wales will give the English one hell of a battle in the final.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No, none of us have. Only the greatest sporting nation ever, England has. Isn’t that right @SquishyMcSquish ?
Absolutely correct. Our fellow home nations fans appear to be learning.

If, in according to scientists a trillion to one scenario, Wales somehow do win it .. we can claim it as an English victory anyhow on account of Wales not being a real country.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

If, in according to scientists a trillion to one scenario, Wales somehow do win it .. we can claim it as an English victory anyhow on account of Wales not being a real country.
:)

Are you Welsh?

Maybe you'll make it tomorrow.
I am yes, Shane we’ve got a few injuries and being held together by tape but there’s always a chance. Just have weather the earlier sa storm

Withnail

Neither of them are sovereign states so England isn't a real country either?

Withnail

Fair play to England though.

I'd a feeling they had a chance and that the All Blacks had flattered to decieve a bit.

They played really well though and the defence was absolutely immense.

Can't see Wales beating Sth Africa tomorrow.

Phil

Well.

That was excellent from England. Outplayed the best team in the world all across the park.

We definitely have the talent, hope we can keep that level of performance up next week against SA?

Worried about the injuries though.

diarm

Magnificent England. I can't remember ever seeing the All Blacks so thoroughly outclassed.

I hate to repeat myself after ye've had such a great performance but that team deserves a better scrum half. Ben Youngs did more to slow your ball than any two kiwis in that first half. A decent 9 and you'd have been 30 points clear at the break.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That was a magnificent performance by England, somewhat reminiscent of Australia's win against the Kiwis in 2003 - score an early try and then apply scoreboard pressure. England rightly had two tries disallowed and Farrell dropped the ball when he looked likely to score in the first half so this could have blown out. England against South Africa does invoke horrible memories of the dreadful final between those two teams 12 years ago but I think would be a pretty close game if it was to eventuate.

Thisistheone

England will beat this NZ team. I think they're favourites going in
Good call mate, fair play.

England were immense. Probably the best performance you'll ever see from a N.Hem side in the World Cup. Truely dominant in every area. So much so the AB's looked average!

Thisistheone

England favorites now who ever they play?
On todays evidence, definitely. I picked SA before the start of the tournament but now? England all day. Talk about peaking at the right time. Eddie's done a great job, must be said.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Good call mate, fair play.

England were immense. Probably the best performance you'll ever see from a N.Hem side in the World Cup. Truely dominant in every area. So much so the AB's looked average!
Yeah I was surprised by the replies I received when I said that. It was so obvious to me that England were the better side. Although I assume many of those commenting were English people trying to play the old superstitious curse thing by saying “no way” like a lot do with United in the football forum.

Anyway, I said before the tournament that England would win the World Cup as they’re by far the best team there. Looks like I’ll be right because they will obviously win it from here.

Tarrou

Yeah I was surprised by the replies I received when I said that. It was so obvious to me that England were the better side. Although I assume many of those commenting were English people trying to play the old superstitious curse thing by saying “no way” like a lot do with United in the football forum.

Anyway, I said before the tournament that England would win the World Cup as they’re by far the best team there. Looks like I’ll be right because they will obviously win it from here.
Yeah great shout. I was one who replied to say you were wrong and I'm Welsh -) Although, I was referring to the odds. I hope you put some money on England!

Tarrou

Hansen's a great coach

would take him back at Wales in a second, but obviously never gonna happen at this stage in his career/life

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah great shout. I was one who replied to say you were wrong and I'm Welsh -) Although, I was referring to the odds. I hope you put some money on England!
If I was smart I would’ve put money on England before the tournament. Alas, I didn’t! Not much of a gambler!

Thisistheone

I was doubting you simply because it was against the All Blacks and well, they're a great side & back to back world champions. Totally shut down today though.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Would be some occasion if Wales can find a way tomorrow. I'm not expecting it to be honest but then again although I gave England at least a 50 50 chance today I didn't expect it to be so overwhelming a victory for either side.