Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That's like saying I would refuse to join a company because one time they sacked someone.
Excellent.
As long as we are willing to pay big money and/or win trophies, players will want to join.
Players who think they will get a free ride (like Anderson, P.Jones), will know that if they are consistently injured and don't play games, they'll be dumped.

It sounds fair to me.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel we have to back José...even if he tells me that I've got to marry Rooney. Seriously though, it's Mourinho's job that's on the line, so he has the right to make the decisions he thinks will benefit us (even if those decisions are unpopular with supporters).
I agree. If the manager doesn't want Basti anywhere near the team, you have to back the manager. Like we did with LVG.
But you can understand why we look like dicks to Bayern affiliated folks.

Robbie Boy

I agree. If the manager doesn't want Basti anywhere near the team, you have to back the manager. Like we did with LVG.
But you can understand why we look like dicks to Bayern affiliated folks.
I got the impression that you had an issue with how all of this has allegedly went down?

Adisa

I've criticised Mourinho over this issue. But Bayern fans have to admit, you lot have more than your share of opinionated leaders.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Have Bayern always been so unlikeable? I think this TV money coming into the PL has left them feeling really quite salty.

Adisa

I got the impression that you had an issue with how all of this has allegedly went down?
I don't like it. But I understand the club has to back its manager. Any other way leads to chaos. Doesn't mean it sits well with me.
I dint like how it went down with RVP. But I still supposed LVG till he was sacked. Things like this don't look good for anyone.

MartialsBeard

Utter non-sense, so the CEO of Bayern is going to star dictating how United should operate, give over.

Hes been practically useless all season and only put the effort in for the EUROS and he wants to feel all high and mighty, were not running a charity here FFS.

Sell the old bastard and move on.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's funny really, all the matches I went to, in the pub before hand, in the press, on our forums etc I never heard a word about Bastian being obviously out of shape, couldn't run or any of that bullsh!t you're vomiting out here.

He made 32 appearances, averaging 62 mins despite being unlucky to suffer 2 bad knee ligament injuries which is quite impressive considering. Does your visual fitness judging expertise cover injury problems too? Any insight into if his lazy attitude caused these injuries?

We knew he wasn't the player we saw at Bayern, that's why he couldn't get in their team, however he was more than good enough for us. When he played he worked harder than the likes of Ander, Mata or Depay but I don't hear anyone demanding they be punished or banished from the squad.
Aw, so lads in the pub didn't say he was out of shape, any more wisdom from the mighty pub you'd want to share with me?

No, I made it pretty clear in all my posts that he looked unfit in the first months when he was not injured, then he got injured. He was more than good enough for us but he wasn't good enough to get into Bayern's squad? Oh what's next, let's aspire to be like Manchester City? He didn't work harder than Herrera really, even though the former he's had a shite year in general, he wasn't better than Mata and Depay was the worst of the four. If you don't see people demanding to see Depay sold then I suggest you just open his thread, there're huge question marks over Herrera's use and there were plenty of people who didn't mind Mata being gone given that Mou's sold him once already.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I think some of the salt from Bayern may be because even though they are more successfull than us in the later years, they are still treated by Adidas like the ginger stepchild, while we are the spoilt and favoured child.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Aw, so lads in the pub didn't say he was out of shape, any more wisdom from the mighty pub you'd want to share with me?

No, I made it pretty clear in all my posts that he looked unfit in the first months when he was not injured, then he got injured. He was more than good enough for us but he wasn't good enough to get into Bayern's squad? Oh what's next, let's aspire to be like Manchester City? He didn't work harder than Herrera really, even though the former he's had a shite year in general, he wasn't better than Mata and Depay was the worst of the four. If you don't see people demanding to see Depay sold then I suggest you just open his thread, there're huge question marks over Herrera's use and there were plenty of people who didn't mind Mata being gone given that Mou's sold him once already.
I'll tell you boy, those lads are real fans, better fans than you'll ever be. I'd confidently predict they were going to matches before you'd posted your first comment about the club on the internet.

Yes that's why Bayern let him go, he wasn't good enough for their first team but he was for ours. Bayern have been much better than us for a number of years now if you haven't been following football.

Do you want to link some of your posts back when you said this about Bastian in his first few months with us? Something tells me it's a theory that's only come into your head recently...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If there were other clubs happy to pay his rumoured £200k a week wages there'd be no issue and he'd leave quietly. The problem is anyone would be daft to pay him anywhere near that so no wonder he doesn't want to leave.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I remember at the backend of last season there being a line in one of the many articles about the club that Schweinsteiger's tendency to take flights to Munich whilst recovering from injury weren't very popular amongst the dressing room, well something along those lines. I think Mourinho's attitude towards him is informed by Schweinsteiger being a 'LvG guy' and wanting to stamp his authority on the dressing room, which is fine really. His legs are gone and if Carrick is staying there's no need for him. We're still paying his wages, we've told him where he stands and there's no point having him train with the first team if he's not going to play for us.

ArmchairCritic

Bastian Schweinsteiger is a case in point after starting only 13 league games since moving from Bayern Munich and the last season has made it absolutely clear why the Bundesliga champions were willing to let him go. Schweinsteiger’s form has seldom gone above the six-out-of-10 mark but regularly below and it is not just his ponderous performances that have surprised his team-mates. Schweinsteiger has spent large parts of the season injured and his tendency to return to Germany, flying in and out for United’s matches, has gone down badly, to say the least.
From the Daniel Taylor piece at the end of last season, which we suspected was informed by a senior United player (Carrick or Rooney), so it would not surprise me if Mourinho is reacting to this.

EDIT: Might have been another piece that was informed by a United player, the one with boiled eggs or some shit.

MarkC

Respect is earned. We owe him nothing he had a chance to be the central man in Van Gaal's team and he was woeful.

It's a bit hypocritical Bayern letting go of another injury prone player then accusing the club of not giving him the treatment he deserves.

We looked after the legends that came through here injuries or not we found something for them seems Bayern couldn't do that for Schweinsteiger. The fact he seemed to give up on being fit for United after such a poor season and put all his focus in his national team also showed his priority is not us.

Sure players like Lucio, Gotze, Kroos, Luca Toni would disagree with this clown as well.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
Have Bayern always been so unlikeable? I think this TV money coming into the PL has left them feeling really quite salty.
In Germany ? Always. Literally ask every fan bar FC Bayern over here. Its always kind of a facepalm moment for me when I hear a statement from Rummenigge. (But Dortmund with Watzke is closing the gap rapidly.)

But I have to agree with Rummenigge partly in this case I have to admit. ( Hypocrisy in here on both sides but its a forum so thats not exactly a miracle )

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Schweinsteiger has spent large parts of the season injured and his tendency to return to Germany, flying in and out for United’s matches, has gone down badly, to say the least.
Like so many situations in football, this wouldn't be considered a problem if he was performing, and if we were successful.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'll tell you boy, those lads are real fans, better fans than you'll ever be. I'd confidently predict they were going to matches before you'd posted your first comment about the club on the internet.

Yes that's why Bayern let him go, he wasn't good enough for their first team but he was for ours. Bayern have been much better than us for a number of years now if you haven't been following football.

Do you want to link some of your posts back when you said this about Bastian in his first few months with us? Something tells me it's a theory that's only come into your head recently...
I'll get some of those quotes

"Schweinsteiger seems to be the only player nowadays who's going in for every ball"

"
Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger duo has played together just a couple of games together and they look very good already, we're controlling games and giving that defensive stability to our back four. I'm sure that with time they'll play more risky and adventurous balls that will open up teams. "

"This [bad performance] isn't Bastians fault, it's LVGs fault"

Kostur

海尔的老板

But I've been to a match, probably travelled more to see our match than you if we're flexing our internet muscles here, am I a better fan now or still a pleb? :lol:

Yeah, you can go on and dig through my posts if you have nothing better to do with your life. You'll probably see me criticising LVG, asking me to pair him with somebody more energetic or revert back to 433 because he can't manage in 4231.

ArmchairCritic

Like so many situations in football, this wouldn't be considered a problem if he was performing, and if we were successful.
It depends who is saying it, I get a feeling a lot of the articles at the back end of last season came from the players directly and although a lot of the points were ridiculous (boiled eggs, Memphis going to a reserve game in a Bentley etc) I have to admit spending recovery time away from the squad is rather strange for someone who is supposed to be a leader.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I remember at the backend of last season there being a line in one of the many articles about the club that Schweinsteiger's tendency to take flights to Munich whilst recovering from injury weren't very popular amongst the dressing room, well something along those lines. I think Mourinho's attitude towards him is informed by Schweinsteiger being a 'LvG guy' and wanting to stamp his authority on the dressing room, which is fine really. His legs are gone and if Carrick is staying there's no need for him. We're still paying his wages, we've told him where he stands and there's no point having him train with the first team if he's not going to play for us.
People make it sound like he was flying back to Munich to go to Oktoberfest while the rest of the lads were slaving away at training.

One of his knee injuries happened while on international duty and he remained in Germany for treatment(with the clubs consent obviously) by the same Doctor that had been at Bayern for the last 30 years or something. Now that makes perfect sense to me as a rational man, that he wanted to see the Doctor who knows his history of injuries to give him the best possible chance of being fit again ASAP, which would benefit us and Germany as he'd be for for Euro 2016.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, he wasn't fully match fit when he joined - that's a facht. LVG kept banging on about it too. Then came the injuries. The idea that he had let himself go a bit - in terms of match weight - isn't new. People were talking about this back when he joined too.

The above obviously doesn't mean that he was unprofessional - but 100% fit he was not, for whatever reason, at any point during his United stint.

ArmchairCritic

Well, he wasn't fully match fit when he joined - that's a facht. LVG kept banging on about it too. Then came the injuries. The idea that he had let himself go a bit - in terms of match weight - isn't new. People were talking about this back when he joined too.

The above obviously doesn't mean that he was unprofessional - but 100% fit he was not, for whatever reason, at any point during his United stint.
He looked in the best shape I'd seen him all season when he was in Germany shirt, legs were still gone mind, and that rankled me. Maybe the kit flatters him better :wenger:.

El Zoido

Why does everything have to turn in to the biggest drama with us? Now we have Dejan Stefanovic suggesting Jose should go to prison for bullying Schweinsteiger. It's ridiculous.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Why does everything have to turn in to the biggest drama with us? Now we have Dejan Stefanovic suggesting Jose should go to prison for bullying Schweinsteiger. It's ridiculous.
Because our own fans are incredible drama queens. They fuel this shit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'll get some of those quotes

"Schweinsteiger seems to be the only player nowadays who's going in for every ball"

"
Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger duo has played together just a couple of games together and they look very good already, we're controlling games and giving that defensive stability to our back four. I'm sure that with time they'll play more risky and adventurous balls that will open up teams. "

"This [bad performance] isn't Bastians fault, it's LVGs fault"
Those quotes are terrible :lol:

None of them have any relevance to his lack of fitness.

SteveJ

Scout

"I'll tell you boy, those lads are real fans, better fans than you'll ever be."

Skywarden

Bang on. It's a dickhead move by Mourinho, simply put.
Curious here, why is it a dick move? Mourinho has no affiliation towards him and he's not in his plans. He's asked him to find a new home well in advance. What other options are there?

Oo0AahCantona

So ive missed the last week or so of the Cafe, could someone give me a breif summary of whats going on with bastian?

SteveJ

Scout
As mentioned by El Zoido, here's the insanity from Dejan Stefanovic:

BBC Sport said:
Here's some more from Fifpro board member Dejan Stefanovic on Bastian Schweinsteiger's problems at Manchester United.

“This is clearly meant to discourage Bastian. Unfortunately, a lot of our fans accept that. Because he’s idolised and he’s getting a lot of money, he can be treated differently. They do not perceive our rights as equal to their rights just because we earn a lot of money and that’s not right."

He says United should "try mild measures. Reinstate him back into training with the first team. Of course this doesn't mean that he has a right to play, but he has to undergo the same treatment as most of the other players".

How far should the punishment go?

"I would take it to the ordinary court. In our case, the penal code is quite clear. If there is bullying and harassment, there's a prison sanction, a maximum of three years in prison.

"(This is) in Slovenia and in most countries in Europe, but nobody applies that (to football). Usually, in our case, it's enough for us to call the club and just threaten but nobody seems to have done it yet in England."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Curious here, why is it a dick move? Mourinho has no affiliation towards him and he's not in his plans. He's asked him to find a new home well in advance. What other options are there?
I don't have much of a problem with him being put up for sale and being asked to leave. I just think we could handle it in a far more diplomatic way by at least letting him train with us and keeping him in the dressing room. No need to create animosity.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Because our own fans are incredible drama queens. They fuel this shit.

Yeah pretty much.

If you've ever thought "oh that plane flying over Old Trafford is a good idea"

If you've ever said "he's our cnut"

If you complained when we won titles about "zombie passing"

If you've been involved with wishing Mourinho would come to Old Trafford.

Well this is what you get. People who go to games are getting mocked in here for daring to even hint they might have a different connection to the club.

For years Mourinho has done this. He loves controversy. He feeds off it. This is what we now have to deal with. The people who like this style have currently "won" the club. Short term controversy is what you get when your club is breaking transfer records and has no continuation.

You don't hire Mourinho and complain about over blown controversies. We accept them and hope it's best for the club.