Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Watching his speech now - he's so paranaoid and full of shit
Former KGB people are all the same. Their whole purpose in life is to fight and win against the west. Like a dog that is chasing a mailman and wouldn't know what to do when he finally catched up with him. That's their whole attitude and the only reason Putin was more or less europe friendly in the last decade was only for trading reasons. The USSR was piss poor and that's also a reason they didn't make it. In everything else, he is completely the same.
I get angry every time some fool politician wants to talk to Putin to find a peaceful solution. You have to destroy him and his thug friends, like Hitler was destroyed. Or create a scenario, where his own people will riot. There is simply no other way for a peaceful future.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You could say the same things about Russia and Ukraine.

Oh, wait! Actually, that's exactly what Germany was saying for many years! Russia is providing us with a lot of stuff, what does Ukraine actually do for us at the moment?

It seems that Germans still love fascist governments... can barely hide it. Erdogan, Putin ... the best friends a German can find.
Of course. We always prefer a reliable and thankful dictator over lazy and treacherous democracies that just hate on us.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Maybe its some kind of elaborate ruse to appear weaker than they really are (its probably not) but thats a pretty pathetic showing
It's probably just to shorten the parade, because the bunker tsar isn't comfortable to be in the open. If they really wanted, they'd have found a few dozen tanks. They still have enough ressources to lose 5-10 tanks a day for the forseeable future sadly, otherwise we'd hear different tunes out of the Kremlin by now.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
It's probably just to shorten the parade, because the bunker tsar isn't comfortable to be in the open. If they really wanted, they'd have found a few dozen tanks. They still have enough ressources to lose 5-10 tanks a day for the forseeable future sadly, otherwise we'd hear different tunes out of the Kremlin by now.
Thats probably true, but at the same time this was a perfect opportunity to project strength to the their own people and wheeling out some WW2 artifact isnt going to do that. I am no expert in military logistics, but i cant imagine it would be too much of a logistical problem to get some more vehicles and troops in there.

If the illusion about Russian supremacy dies then the idea they are fighting a losing war might spread and thats a huge problem for them.

dove

If the illusion about Russian supremacy dies then the idea they are fighting a losing war might spread and thats a huge problem for them.
I don't know how likely is that to happen when they control 100% of media. Their propagandists will sell that parade as an unprecedented show of strength with that WW2 tank obviously having installed some sort of state of the art tech. And people will believe it, why wouldn't you.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thats probably true, but at the same time this was a perfect opportunity to project strength to the their own people and wheeling out some WW2 artifact isnt going to do that. I am no expert in military logistics, but i cant imagine it would be too much of a logistical problem to get some more vehicles and troops in there.

I think this is Putin's greatest threat. The perception of being a loser, particularly to the ultranationalist crowd. This is late stage dictatorship at its finest.

Spark

I don't know how likely is that to happen when they control 100% of media. Their propagandists will sell that parade as an unprecedented show of strength with that WW2 tank obviously having installed some sort of state of the art tech. And people will believe it, why wouldn't you.
The single T-34 is purely symbolic (and as an actual artefact, quite cool). Putin doesn’t need to sell anything anymore, it’s totally illegal to question anything anyway. Fact is this parade has been slimmed down massively due to necessity and I imagine they’ll just ignore the fact they have obliterated their own army.

Just get those weird talking heads that love wanking themselves off at the thought of nuclear war to cream over whatever missile barrage happens in the next couple days. Job done.

Wonder if those T-14s have been deployed to Ukraine… Their absence assumes so.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Or they could simply get the vehicle that are on parade to go around the block again :lol:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
The US should be pretty happy about the combat data Ukraine is providing them. Especially against the hypersonic missiles. They can work on the weak spots and improve the Patriot system. That applies to the manufacturers of all delivered air defense systems. It wouldn't surprise me, if we see greatly improved air defense systems in the foreseeable future. Russia is providing them with enough combat data with their missile terror.

dove

Seems like Prigozhin wasn't lying when he said Ru army fled area south west of Bakhmut. It probably took them half a year to take that.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
:lol: Reality masquerading as parody

Jokes on us, there were actually 200 Armata tanks with the newest camouflage that makes them invisible.

edit:
There is currently a video going around of a Russian soldier who commits suicide with his AK-47 after being hit by a grenade and realizing his leg is gone. I won't post it here, but Nexa on twitter posted it and you can also find it on reddit/combatfootage.
It's still incomprehensible to me, how heavily propaganda irradiated Russian people are to do this to themselves in a foreign country. Instead of just living your only life on this planet, you suffer and throw it away for a modern tsar, who gets a boner every morning in his 2 billion palace if Russia's border increases by a few meters compared to yesterday. There is no self-respect left. Modern slaves.

Last edited:

MTF

Biggest major power geopolitical blunder since different acts of Axis aggression in WWII, 90% confirmed? I wonder what's effectively left of their military.

I wish there was even more being done to help Ukraine be able to liberate the occupied territories. They've borne such a huge burden and I don't think they will ever see adequate reparations.