Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

RedDevilQuebecois

Those M242 Bushmaster chain guns are no joke.

Meanwhile in Saint Petersburg, disgruntled Russians did this as a response to a Putin-ordered raid that forced masses of workers to fight in Ukraine. The smoke from that fire is really something else over the city when you see the last picture in the thread.

Simbo

I suppose when you're not allowed to protest, or even speak, you turn to other options.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It certainly would for authoritarian dictatorships seeking to invade their neighbors for no valid reason.
You're talking about China? There's no alternative to the USD, it's not like holding EUR or JPY would work any better when Xi invades Taiwan.

Rajma

Russian war propagandist bloggers were suspiciously quick to jump on the “friendly fire” bandwagon this night. However, Ukraine’s commander-in-chief Zaluzhnyi just put out a statement saying it was the work of Ukrainian armed forces, which opens up a lot of questions when it comes to the nature of the weapons that were used to down them as in practice they should have been out of reach for the weapons that Ukraine possesses, unless they were given some new toys. Not only downing of A50 is significant in itself on a strategic level given that they only have something like 5-6 in operational state and 9 in total but more importantly the crew died too for the tech that is no longer being produced as well. Apparently, linking A50 with S400 battery radars was russian response to the imminent threat of f-16, as they expand the “visibility” range for S400 AD system allowing them to detect f-16 from further distances. I bet there are some panic stations now in russian military HQ.

Last edited:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
My recollection (and it may well be faulty) was that Ukraine took the US's warning of an impending invasion to be scare mongering and were initially caught with their trousers down.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
My recollection (and it may well be faulty) was that Ukraine took the US's warning of an impending invasion to be scare mongering and were initially caught with their trousers down.
They weren't, they used their capabilities at the time very well to stop the invasion. Hadn't they done that, they wouldn't have been able to defend Hostomel airport, wouldn't have been able to stop the convoy rolling towards Kiyv and therefore would have lost their capital quite quickly.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
They weren't, they used their capabilities at the time very well to stop the invasion. Hadn't they done that, they wouldn't have been able to defend Hostomel airport, wouldn't have been able to stop the convoy rolling towards Kiyv and therefore would have lost their capital quite quickly.
Yeah, that's fair enough concerning Kyiv, but in the South they were completely overrun and were fighting for control of Kherson within a day. That ultimately cost them the entire seaboard west of the Dnipro. The latter is what I had in mind with the trousers down comment.

ShoePolish

Yeah, that's fair enough concerning Kyiv, but in the South they were completely overrun and were fighting for control of Kherson within a day. That ultimately cost them the entire seaboard west of the Dnipro. The latter is what I had in mind with the trousers down comment.
I think lots of that was because of corruption and turncoats. Bridges that were meant to be blown weren't and units switching sides didn't help the cause.

WPMUFC

Wow. Didn't think a 25mm would be able to put a battle tank out of commission like that, even with armor piercing ammunition.
Best explanations I've seen suggests the precision shooting probably took out a huge amount of the external optical and sensors and that the Bradley may have got lucky on hitting some hydraulics. Combine that with a decimation of experienced tank crews and that's how we got that result.

Rajma

For those still not grasping the importance of Ukraine defeating orcs in this war:

Be prepared for the WW3 in the upcoming years then and it will happen irrespective if you want to believe it or not. The regime in Kremlin will happily sacrifice millions of Ukrainians, are Europeans ready to die in such figures?

If you don’t then you should be doing all you can to pressure your politicians to do much more for Ukraine in arms deliveries and production.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

If there was ever a vote for important threads not being intoxicated by twitter then I would agree.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Poland is about the only country that is preparing accordingly , war with Russia looks inevitable.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
If there was ever a vote for important threads not being intoxicated by twitter then I would agree.
There's quite a few members posting tweets from credible sources which help to better understand the situation there. Then you have posts like the one above yours which absolutely ruin the thread.

Poland is about the only country that is preparing accordingly , war with Russia looks inevitable.
How's that?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
You think they're going to go to a hot war with Russia because of the GPS issue ?
Huh? Poland isn't going to start a war, they are simply preparing for further Russian aggression in their neighborhood.

More countries should do the same, Russia won't stop before they are stopped, or they get their empire back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Huh? Poland isn't going to start a war, they are simply preparing for further Russian aggression in their neighborhood.

More countries should do the same, Russia won't stop before they are stopped, or they get their empire back.
I see your point. On the other hand, Poland is a part of NATO, so Russia would be triggering article 5 by attacking them. Putin is somewhat delusional, but he's not suicidal. At the end of the day, he will act out of self-preservation of his own life, and attacking any NATO nation would run contrary to that.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

And how are they going to achieve that when they couldn't even get their way in Ukraine?

You also do know that Poland is a NATO member, right?