Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What is the fallout if someone was to assasinate Putin?
I think there would be a collective sigh of relief, followed by a short lived power struggle between residual elites and popular pro-democracy masses in Russia, and the latter would quickly crush the elites. In either case, the world will breathe a collective sigh of relief when this deranged lunatic moves on.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
any source for ukranian casualties for some comparison? Without their counterpart, these numbers are nothing I could understand.
I reckon all the facts will come out later. Both sides want to inflate their own success and minimize losses.

Sara125

edit: I have just seen the mods’ note at the bottom of the page. Removed the actual footage now.

This Twitter account: knowjjkom has posted graphic footage of a civilian family who were allegedly all shot dead by other civilians who mistook their family Jeep for Russian military

Last edited:

Mihai

any source for ukranian casualties for some comparison? Without their counterpart, these numbers are nothing I could understand.
This morning, they reported 137 including civilians. Not aware of any updates since then.

dove

Unsurprisingly Eastern European countries are braver than our "superpowers". It's unfortunate but has always been like that, nothing new.

Ananke

This Maria Zakharova talking on sky news...jesus christ. Literally just raw anger.

If this is what Russian politics is made of...

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I reckon all the facts will come out later. Both sides want to inflate their own success and minimize losses.
Exactly, but I assumed both sides are maybe equally inflating/deflating numbers so the truth might lie somewhere in between.

Wittmann45

Apologise if posted already. Have not gone through the recent pages of this thread but from what I gathered, allegedly a family of civilians were shot dead by other civilians as their Jeep was mistaken for being Russian military.
That's awful. I guess stuff like this might happen when you arm civilians with little to no training/experience with weapons

Smithy89

Unsurprisingly Easter European countries are braver than our "superpowers". It's unfortunate but has always been like that, nothing new.

I said this would happen last night, that the big superpowers would be cowardly and it'll be smaller nations doing more to help.

Water Melon

Unsurprisingly Easter European countries are braver than our "superpowers". It's unfortunate but has always been like that, nothing new.
Ffs, this was an option all along? Estonia of all countries doing this is flipping amazing. Well done. Send more arms to help them protect themselves. Let Russia see what they are going to face and win time. Each and every day passing is time won for Ukraine, time lost for Putin.

Abizzz

What is the fallout if someone was to assasinate Putin?
We'd have an army of posters blaming netflix and claiming the assasin only did it because Putin was thinking about signing up. Sorry, bleak times call for bleak humor

On a more serious note I don't think the system that produced him would produce anyone all too dissimiliar without changing first.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@Random Task - you were asking if they were targeting civilians

https://t.co/glTyfKZ7Am
I mean, that's disturbing on every level known to man. Taking out military targets is one thing, but shooting unarmed civilians, tanks running over cars, bombing orphanages and public housing estates is entirely another.

If these actions continue - and they very likely will - NATO will be forced to intervene as they are war crimes.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

UK and many others are supplying munitions and medical supplies to Ukraine and have been doing for the last few months

Droid_Repairs

Sorry if already posted

BBC: Russia bans British airlines from its airspace

This is actually huge for UK airlines, dozens of routes rely on Russian airspace, this move cuts off usual paths to parts of Asia and Oceana. Alternatives in many cases will be found, but Russia's sheer size makes 'going around it' totally unfeasible for certain destinations.

Mihai

Unsurprisingly Eastern European countries are braver than our "superpowers". It's unfortunate but has always been like that, nothing new.
That is because we are usually on the receiving end of it.

IWat

so approximately 94% of tanks still active
approximately 98% of AV's still active
over 99.5% of troops still alive
and over 99.5% of helicopters still active

yeah I think its time to surrender and focus on a resistance as im sure those figures look a lot worse for Ukraine
They've also seemingly sent in a lot of their older kit. I've not really seen any T-90's, a lot appear to be T-80 variants they've deployed into Ukraine.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What was this?
What happened ?
Dominic Waghorn asked the Russian Foreign Minister Spokeswoman what she thought of a UK minister's comments that Putin had gone 'full tonto' and she exploded in a 10 minute rant. It was a moronic question for the Sky News journalist to ask in such a situation.

One of the things she said in the rant was: "You are not journalists and you are not people" and that the same could be said of our PM about going tonto.

YzWayne

Ffs, this was an option all along? Estonia of all countries doing this is flipping amazing. Well done. Send more arms to help them protect themselves. Let Russia see what they are going to face and win time. Each and every day passing is time won for Ukraine, time lost for Putin.
Estonia are afraid they might be next?