Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Rajma

After the demise of Putin, Imo in any peace deal (lifting the sanctions) with the Russia should include them giving up all their nukes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have long said his face looks twice the size, despite not appearing to gain any weight. He doesn't look well.
Hope his worsening physical condition is an incentive for someone to be brave enough to topple him.
They’re waiting for him to die

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay

I honestly feel the forced deportations haven't had the coverage they should in the media and in international institutions. Is this a fair criticism or is that too harsh?

Denis79

I really want to laugh hard in the face of everyone who has ever mentioned Nato as a reason for occupation and was spreading that propaganda on Putin’s behalf.
I've googled like a maniac about the Lenin statue being erected, where was that done? Is there a link to that story from a credible source?

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal

I honestly feel the forced deportations haven't had the coverage they should in the media and in international institutions. Is this a fair criticism or is that too harsh?
I think sadly 'forced deportations' is codeword for genocide. I don't think they have the logistics to move this many people and we already know that they're commiting a genocide

Blackwidow

Loitering seems to be beyond its capabilities.
Actually that matches to the stories about Ukrainians that showed some Russian soldiers how to use an indoor toilet when they asked. (At the end they were taking the toilets with them...)

A quarter of the Russians still do not have an indoor toilet - every 7th no heating in the house - a lot no running water or no running hot water. 3200 russian schools do not have indoor toilets.

Source: Data from Rosstat https://russialist.org/one-russian-...ny-signs-there-are-now-four-distinct-russias/

Actually Putin would have enough work inside his own country...

Stactix

It is genocide, that's probably the reason it's not being touched on enough.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Remarkable intercepted call from a Russian soldier, cursing his own leadership.

LDUred

Just blatantly state-sanctioned terrorism at this point. Civilian targets picked with barely any other consideration beyond mass casualities.

Last edited:

Red Rash

Remarkable intercepted call from a Russian soldier, cursing his own leadership.

I assume this is a soldier speaking to his wife / girlfriend?

I find it crazy that she almost sounds dismissive of the issues he is telling her e.g."why do you talk about them like that"

The power of propaganda is insane

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I assume this is a soldier speaking to his wife / girlfriend?

I find it crazy that she almost sounds dismissive of the issues he is telling her e.g."why do you talk about them like that"

The power of propaganda is insane
Maybe, just maybe, she thinks this kind of talk will get him problems with the Russian state. And she wants him to not say such things on the phone.

Or maybe she does believe whatever the Russian government is saying.

Denis79

Maybe, just maybe, she thinks this kind of talk will get him problems with the Russian state. And she wants him to not say such things on the phone.

Or maybe she does believe whatever the Russian government is saying.
Think most Russians are against the war in some way and most are afraid to speak their mind.

Denis79

Denazification now underway in Odesa

So the Russians will be happy and go home after they finish off the Azov Battalion in Mariupol? I wonder if this one battalion is the reason for all this denazification talk?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This man always writes interesting threads and seems to coincide with many others. The Russians may be able to advance but without enough manpower or means to maintain the position for a long time.

Carolina Red

Staff
This man always writes interesting threads and seems to coincide with many others. The Russians may be able to advance but without enough manpower or means to maintain the position for a long time.
Exactly. It’s the fatal flaw of their BTG concept. Not enough men/material to continue or maintain after the initial assault.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. It’s the fatal flaw of their BTG concept. Not enough men/material to continue or maintain after the initial assault.
I hope it continues like this.
I'm curious to see what happens in Izium. Seeing it on the map it looks like a city boxed in the middle of the forest, something like northwest of Kiev.
I imagine that very entrenched and good for ambushes but also with thousands of russian mercenaries in that area, and Kherson, where there are more and more partisans. Many interesting fronts.
Let's see if the heavy artillery they've received makes any difference.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The BBC reports:

"Turkey says it is closing its airspace to Russian civilian and military planes flying to Syria.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu says the ban will be effective for three months, according to local media.

The move undermines Russia's large-scale air campaign in support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, forcing Russian planes to take longer routes. Turkey backs resistance groups in Syria opposed to President Assad.

Turkey, a Nato member, has refrained from the wide-ranging sanctions imposed on Russia by the EU and US over its invasion of Ukraine. But it has blocked Russian warships from entering the Black Sea through its waters.

The Turkish government is trying to mediate between Russia and Ukraine to bring about a ceasefire.

Millions of Russians go on holiday to Turkey annually, but the Ukraine conflict is expected to cause a big slump in visits by Russians and Ukrainians this year."

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Read the room, Germany...

Such people, even those acting in good faith, are entirely divorced from the real world. In this real world, absolutely nothing that the Russian say or agree to can be trusted an inch.