Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What does a Panzerfaust do? It fausts Panzers! (yeah I know, lazy pun...)

If I'm not mistaken the Panzerfaust 3 is the most powerful non-guided (RPG-like) anti-tank system in use in Ukraine. Totally destroyed the tanks here. But I think most impressive is the area where they were able to use it, as it is an unguided weapon you have to fire from relatively short range, but there is no obvious cover at all :eek:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I have no definite facts to back this up, but I think he is terminally ill and won't be in this world for much longer. A friend of mine who is very intuitive - verging on the psychic you might say - thinks the same .... hardly scientific, but there you go.

Carolina Red

Staff
What does a Panzerfaust do? It fausts Panzers! (yeah I know, lazy pun...)

If I'm not mistaken the Panzerfaust 3 is the most powerful non-guided (RPG-like) anti-tank system in use in Ukraine. Totally destroyed the tanks here. But I think most impressive is the area where they were able to use it, as it is an unguided weapon you have to fire from relatively short range, but there is no obvious cover at all :eek:
Yeah PF-3s are monsters. Those bad boys can penetrate almost 3 feet of armor if needed

MadMike

Good question... they wouldn't fare well against the Finn's Leopard 2's, CV90's, and F/A-18's though.
They can’t invade, they have nothing let to do it with.They could only perform some long range artillery strikes from their side of the border at most.

Which would be mad as it would lead to retaliatory artillery and air strikes against the Russian artillery
positions.

dal

Actually unreal how Russia's invasion has emboldened its neighbours against it. Literally the exact opposite of what was supposed to happen.
I really dont think the Ukraine invasion is anything to do with NATO expansion, I doubt they care that much, its all smoke and mirrors

massi83

I really dont think the Ukraine invasion is anything to do with NATO expansion, I doubt they care that much, its all smoke and mirrors
Umm. Finns changed their mind literally overnight on 24.2. and it was the people not political leaders leading the process. So basicly you have no idea what you are talking about.

dal

Umm. Finns changed their mind literally overnight on 24.2. and it was the people not political leaders leading the process. So basicly you have no idea what you are talking about.
Bit of a silly off tangent response.

NATO expansion was merely an excuse to invade Ukraine and they have to be seen to save face, just seen as an inconvenience by the russians and not much more, another lie.

Seems like the russian propganda is working on the feeble though.

massi83

Your response is so off tangent its bordering on stupidity.

NATO expansion was merely an excuse to invade Ukraine and they have to be seen to save face, just seen as an inconvenience by the russians and not much more, another lie.

Seems like the russian propganda is working on the feeble though.
Oh I thought you meant the other way round. My bad.

Your response to spark is a bit weirdly worded hence my confusion.

Spark

I completely agree with you, NATO is a nice excuse. But uniting the West against Russia in a way that hasn’t happened since the Cold War has got to be the exact opposite of what Putin wanted.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Can we please stick to at least half-plausible sources? It’s a slippery slope from the daily mail to friendly psychics.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
I have no definite facts to back this up, but I think he is terminally ill and won't be in this world for much longer. A friend of mine who is very intuitive - verging on the psychic you might say - thinks the same .... hardly scientific, but there you go.
I did read that article, interesting stuff. But as was pointed out at the end, if he did have terminal cancer wouldn't he be been treated by chemotherapy and thus losing all or most of his hair?

Good question... they wouldn't fare well against the Finn's Leopard 2's, CV90's, and F/A-18's though.
An attack on Finland would also be a direct attack on Sweden, so they’d have a lot more than that to do deal with. Sweden and Finland’s defence is entirely based on one defending the other and vice versa, the Swedes have things that the Fins don’t and vice versa.
Put simply, one can’t mount an effective defence without the other, hence why a Finnish NATO application pretty much takes the decision out of Sweden’s hands.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I hope you’re right mate. The puffiness in his face seems to suggest some strong steroid or reaction to something. Or I suppose it could just be alcoholism.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
And Finland is in a process to phase in ~60 F-35 jets this decade. Even without NATO, invading Finland wouldn't be wise to say the least.

JuriM

Russian forces at the area are forced to take huge risks to avoid the pushback they suffered near Kyiv.

Classical Mechanic

Not really. Our armed forces have been savaged by 12 years of Tory cuts, I'm not sure we could defend ourselves without allies.
We can because we're a independent nuclear armed nation. Similar to Russia, no one is going to even try to invade us. It's a moot point. Even if we didn't have nuclear weapons it would be very difficult to invade the UK given that we're an island with an advanced navy and military.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We can because we're a independent nuclear armed nation. Similar to Russia, no one is going to even try to invade us. It's a moot point. Even if we didn't have nuclear weapons it would be very difficult to invade the UK given that we're an island with an advanced navy and military.
We've got a tiny navy and military, advanced or otherwise. And even our loony bin government aren't firing nukes at anyone who doesn't fire them first, just like Putin isn't.

Classical Mechanic

Finnish are advanced snipers, i wouldn’t mess with them
I'm not knocking the Finnish forces. Just pointing out that no one is going to try and invade the UK, Tory cuts to the military or not. Just like no one is going to try invading Russia, North Korea or any other independently armed nuclear state. That the UK is an island with an advanced military makes such an invasion even more unlikely (if it could be more unlikely).

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed. Assuming no nuclear weapons, the only country that would have any hope of invading the UK is the US, and even that would be very difficult. The UK has the strongest fleet in Europe, and likely the strongest Air Force (now that we know that the Russian Air Force is useless outside of military parades).