Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

The United

Because I clicked on that tweet and didn't find any remotely direct relevance to this thread. Did we post any content from those guys here and form our opinions on it?

Do you think it is relevant to this thread? If so, how? I mean, other than yeah, there are some right-wing nuts-hating people around.

NotThatSoph

Because I clicked on that tweet and didn't find any remotely direct relevance to this thread. Did we post any content from those guys here and form our opinions on it?

Do you think it is relevant to this thread? If so, how? I mean, other than yeah, there are some right-wing nuts-hating people around.
There were several posts about this absolute nobody: https://www.brusselstimes.com/271089/the-most-hated-russian-tourist-in-europe

When it happened. When she had to leave Austria. When she moved back to Russia. That's noteworthy, but not this? It's relevant to this thread because it happened, because it's a moderately big Internet thing about the war and because famous people and the Ukranian state have commented on it. How is it not relevant?

The United

There were several posts about this absolute nobody: https://www.brusselstimes.com/271089/the-most-hated-russian-tourist-in-europe

When it happened. When she had to leave Austria. When she moved back to Russia. That's noteworthy, but not this? It's relevant to this thread because it happened, because it's a moderately big Internet thing about the war and because famous people and the Ukranian state have commented on it. How is it not relevant?
Wait, what? The group wrote that article or/and framed the girl?

Or are you saying that the article is as relevant as your tweet, which says there are Nazi nuts in the Eastern Europe hating Russians and talking shit about them online to this thread?

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

Wait, what? The group wrote that article or/and framed the girl?

Or are you saying that the article is as relevant as your tweet, which says there are Nazi nuts hating Russians and talking shit about them online to this thread?
No one framed the girl, she did exactly what was reported on. I'm saying that if a random Russian woman being an asshole is relevant to this thread, how can it not be relevant that the front figure of an Internet movement with support from the Ukranian state and major international politicians is a nazi?

Here's another tweet from this thread, which was noteworthy enough to both be posted and commented on. Do you think that one was relevant?

The United

No one framed the girl, she did exactly what was reported on. I'm saying that if a random Russian woman being an asshole is relevant to this thread, how can it not be relevant that the front figure of an Internet movement with support from the Ukranian state and major international politicians is a nazi?

Here's another tweet from this thread, which was noteworthy enough to both be posted and commented on. Do you think that one was relevant?

This is the one I am talking about. Your tweet did not have much background information on the group (online gamers and trolls, great!), and some people here said they had never heard of it. The tweet solely seemed to say, "Oh, there are some Nazis hating Russians." Hence, the question was if it was relevant to the thread in a way to be informed or to see from another perspective based on that.

To me, at that point, no.

ShoePolish

Seems Ukraine caught wind of reports about this turd being on frontlines.

On the side note, always thought he was speaking lots of sense from russian perspective, wouldn't mind him being removed before somebody actually started listening.

NotThatSoph

This is the one I am talking about. Your tweet did not have much background information on the group (online gamers and trolls, great!), and some people here said they had never heard of it. The tweet solely seemed to say, "Oh, there are some Nazis hating Russians." Hence, the question was if it was relevant to the thread in a way to be informed or to see from another perspective based on that.

To me, at that point, no.
And the next comment, that you replied to so you did see it:

Mentioned in outlets like The Economist, Wall Street Journal and Politico, supported by Adam Kinzinger and the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. President and prime minister of Estonia, American major generals, etc. etc. That's why it's news. It's not like it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it is news.
So on the one hand you have two people on Redcafe that haven't heard of them, on the other hand you know it's a group that has gotten international attention from some big players, yet you question the relevance. You don't ask if it's important or a big deal, you ask if it should even be in the thread. And I would actually like an answer to what I asked, is it relevant to the thread what random Russian tourists do in Austria, or what some Czechs do?

The Firestarter

Seems Ukraine caught wind of reports about this turd being on frontlines.

On the side note, always thought he was speaking lots of sense from russian perspective, wouldn't mind him being removed before somebody actually started listening.
I dont think Putin would mind either.

the hea

That’s an M270 isn’t it?
Correct. It's also only a single launcher and not a battery, a battery would normally consist of 3 or 4 launchers.
I can see nothing in that video that would suggest this is a ATACMS rocket being launched. In fact, I think the back blast looks way to small for it to be a ATACMS rocket.

This is what a ATACMS launch looks like for comparison.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Correct. It's also only a single launcher and not a battery, a battery would normally consist of 3 or 4 launchers.
I can see nothing in that video that would suggest this is a ATACMS rocket being launched. In fact, I think the back blast looks way to small for it to be a ATACMS rocket.

This is what a ATACMS launch looks like for comparison.
I don’t know a M270 from a potato gun but this popular weapons expert isn’t buying in, at least not in this case.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
For a former seal team 6 / DEVGRU member, Chuck does post some shit sometimes.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that as well. Though to be fair Theiner has his own share of bold controversial takes as he thinks UA secretly has used ATACMS a couple times (Sevastopol and Kerch bridge).

Simbo

Yeah, I’ve noticed that as well. Though to be fair Theiner has his own share of bold controversial takes as he thinks UA secretly has used ATACMS a couple times (Sevastopol and Kerch bridge).
Bold takes, I think he's probably right though...

The United

And the next comment, that you replied to so you did see it:

So on the one hand you have two people on Redcafe that haven't heard of them, on the other hand you know it's a group that has gotten international attention from some big players, yet you question the relevance. You don't ask if it's important or a big deal, you ask if it should even be in the thread. And I would actually like an answer to what I asked, is it relevant to the thread what random Russian tourists do in Austria, or what some Czechs do?
So, did I think your first tweet was relevant to the thread? Based on the tweet I clicked, no. You asked me if your tweet was more relevant than other news posted in the thread? I answered yes and I should have stopped there.

Then you kept showing me a bunch of other news and it was supposed to change my stance on your tweet? No. But I appreciate some of your posts here with "hey there are bad guys everywhere and, on both sides, too" to remind us about them once in a while.

Last edited:

JuriM

Those Iranian drones are nasty little piece of work, Kyiv has been under swarm of them the whole morning.

stevoc

Surely we are at the point where other countries could send in fighter jets now to set up a no fly zones around Ukraines major cities in the north and west of the country?

Shooting down drones or rockets could hardly be interpreted as a direct attack on Russia. It's nuts that Russia are launching terrorist attacks on civilian populations on what seems like a daily basis now. The mask really has slipped, once this is over Putin needs to be handled and serious reforms should happen in Russia before they're allowed back in on international scale trade wise.

The Firestarter

Those Iranian drones are nasty little piece of work, Kyiv has been under swarm of them the whole morning.
I am pretty sure the US has already figured them out, question is do they want to share that with Ukraine thereby showing their hand.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I am pretty sure the US has already figured them out, question is do they want to share that with Ukraine thereby showing their hand.
It's not that hard to figure them out. Their basic idea is simple but effective, overwhelm air defense just by quantity.

The Firestarter

It's not that hard to figure them out. Their basic idea is simple but effective, overwhelm air defense just by quantity.
Obviously not what I meant by figuring out. It's reverse engineering the protocols / breaking encryption to either deny operation or take over.

JuriM

Ye, but thing is atm. The issue is more that they swarm the air with them and send some cruise missiles also which overwhelm the air defence and some still get through to terrorize the cities.