Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

the hea

Ukraine going into the naval drone business now? That's news.
This craft was found on the Crimean shores about a month ago, it has been tought it is a unmanned surface vehicle produced by Ukraine.
Equiped with a Starlink antenna at the back, camera at the middle and what might be a laser rangefinder in front of it. The two things sticking out at the front are believed to be triggers for the explosives it is carrying.
It was probably more crafts like this one that was used in the attack today.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Russia failed to take down Ukrainian computer systems with a massive cyber-attack when it invaded this year, despite many analysts' predictions. The work of a little-known arm of the US military which hunts for adversaries online may be one reason. The BBC was given exclusive access to the cyber-operators involved in these global missions.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63328398

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you're posting a Russian-language source, at least provide a translation.
Three months ago: Putin is waiting for "peace" in exchange for a grain deal and an agreement to freeze his control over the newly occupied territories, as soon as he realizes that this does not work, he will ruin the grain deal. How to look into the water

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
First or 2nd highest RU KIA number since we started getting these reports March (day of the sinking of the Moskova might be first). New recruits really are just being sent into a meat grinder. +52 APCs is also a huge number.

dove

First or 2nd highest RU KIA number since we started getting these reports March (day of the sinking of the Moskova might be first). New recruits really are just being sent into a meat grinder. +52 APCs is also a huge number.

950 :eek: Of course there are questions about the accuracy of it but it is a massive jump from a typical ~400.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Am I missing something? What was funny about that?

Think people shouldn't share videos such as this because more views will only increase the amount of idiots that watch this shit.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Looks like it's 950 in the week rather than in a day no? Just going by the dates in the graphic. Still a disgusting number of course.

dove

Looks like it's 950 in the week rather than in a day no? Just going by the dates in the graphic. Still a disgusting number of course.
No, it's daily. Dates in the graphic are February 24th - October 30th.

pablo__p

Am I missing something? What was funny about that?

Think people shouldn't share videos such as this because more views will only increase the amount of idiots that watch this shit.
Agreed and agreed. Also comments section made me literally sick. Disgusting.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No, it's daily. Dates in the graphic are February 24th - October 30th.
Oh wow, even if they're half correct then those numbers are appalling for the Russians. Even if they mobilise 300,000 more cannon fodder then they wouldn't even last a year...

The United

Oh wow, even if they're half correct then those numbers are appalling for the Russians. Even if they mobilise 300,000 more cannon fodder then they wouldn't even last a year...
Their routine daily failed (so far) assaults on Bakhmut for about a month has probably added decent amount of numbers to these tolls as well.

goalscholes

950 :eek: Of course there are questions about the accuracy of it but it is a massive jump from a typical ~400.
They're making a mighty push for Bakhmut, using untrained soldiers with terrible weapons. I imagine that's what's causing most of the deaths.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Their routine daily failed (so far) assaults on Bakhmut for about a month has probably added decent amount of numbers to these tolls as well.
The way that went (Wagner recruiting prison inmates and then forcing them to attack a well defended city) might give cynical people like me the impression that Russia just wanted a cheap way to empty their prisons and sentencing criminals to death.

dove

Ukrainian air force which should have ceased to exist in February is still very much alive.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If no one was crushed by that vehicle rolling, with all those people on top, it's very lucky.

The United

The Russians appear to have recently attempted to launch offensives in the east, and the high number of casualties (if true and higher than usual) are most likely the result of those efforts.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
That’s not the first time during this war that I’ve seen footage of Russians driving their vehicles off the side of a perfectly straight road. Wild
I wonder if the driver saw a mine or the weight of 20 soldiers on top unbalanced it

dove

Predictably seems like we have another massive missile attack all over Ukraine.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wonder if the driver saw a mine or the weight of 20 soldiers on top unbalanced it
I think it's more likely that the driver just couldn't see anything because too many people were sitting on the vehicle.

dove

Something to keep an eye on.
Certainly something to keep an eye on. Russia can always play the "we never did and will never do harm civilians and since we are the good guys here, we let you pass" but it would make them look weak at the same time, which I am sure is the last thing Putin wants. Interesting how this will pan out.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What are they going to do about it, attack NATO-member ships?

Rajma

80% Kiev without access to water after the latest missile attack, how long are we gonna just observe the genocide from the outside?

We need an rvn

80% Kiev without access to water after the latest missile attack, how long are we gonna just observe the genocide from the outside?
Completely agree it’s hard to watch and feels like we need to act

but what Russia has shown us is that it would be no match for NATO’s forces and weapons. As the attacks are coming from within Russia, it would most likely end up starting wwiii as we’d need to attack Russian territory - which given what I just said re not a match for contemporary weapons, would most likely end in nuclear. It is not an option at the moment

Rajma

Completely agree it’s hard to watch and feels like we need to act

but what Russia has shown us is that it would be no match for NATO’s forces and weapons. As the attacks are coming from within Russia, it would most likely end up starting wwiii as we’d need to attack Russian territory - which given what I just said re not a match for contemporary weapons, would most likely end in nuclear. It is not an option at the moment
Nato jets can easily shot down any incoming missiles without striking Russia.