Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Withnail

Yeah. He was in prison for child prostitution, then took over a restaurant that was a meeting point for Moscow's high society. This way he met Putin and his friendship gave him the opportunity to open restaurants all over the country, as well as cater for the whole Russian army. He made billions and with that money, he created Wagner.

Oh forget it

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Kofman admits he hasn’t got a Scooby as to what happens from here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hot dog stand owners across America just had a coronary reading that. How dare you minimize the culinary treat that is a hotdog.
The culinary treat is not minimized but making hot dogs is like serving a bowl of cereal, neither require culinary skills.

Unless you did the bread and sausages yourself.

Lightbringer

Kadyrov's tiktok army probably faked mechanical problems to create a traffic jam, so they don't have to advance on Rostov for now
thats it, when they arrive Putin will be saved and rostov back in Russian regime control......

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I hate these takes so much. As if it's impossible or wrong to read up on current topics.
Just ignore them. They're like people getting angry because people order a vegan or generally healthy meal. They know it is the right thing to do and become angry because you make them confront their own shortcomings. And belittling is easier than changing :)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
thats it, when they arrive Putin will be saved and rostov back in Russian regime control......
These Chechens could be directly out of a monthy python army. Bigged up as a ferocious and unstoppable force and ultimately are revealed to be a chaotic bunch of show offs that make melodramatic TikTok videos, launch rockets into thin air and get stuck in traffic jams.

Red Star One

I hope the bloodshed is kept to a minimum.
I’d be surprised if it wasn’t - Russians are way less happy to die for their leaders or any politicians than some think, if you look at the coup in 1991 it was almost bloodless. I think it’s much more about people switching sides than shooting at each other

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
If it's true that parts of the Russian military are siding with Prigozhin, aren't we already into the realms of civil war?

Red Star One

If it's true that parts of the Russian military are siding with Prigozhin, aren't we already into the realms of civil war?
We are since Wagner took over Rostov without a shot. Then again, it’s a fine line between extended coup and a proper civil war. I don’t expect Russian civilians to get engaged nor to fight against their own neighbors

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
It‘s no „civil“ war with only military being involved.
Forgive my ignorance if I’m incorrect, but I thought a civil war was just two factions from within the same country fighting for power. I didn’t think it had to involve civilians?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Forgive my ignorance if I’m incorrect, but I thought a civil war was just two factions from within the same country fighting for power. I didn’t think it had to involve civilians?
Depends on the definition you use.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Russia blocking the roads to Moscow with everything they got.