Ryan Giggs - 900

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Isn't he suffering from a loss of form more than losing his legs? Of course he can't run as long or as fast as he could at 30, but as a deep lying playmaker I think he can be just as dangerous as two years ago. I see no reason why a midfield of Carrick and Giggs, with Rooney and Chicharito in front, can't repeat the feats of 2010-11 and win the league and get to a CL final.

Not that I'm saying he should be first choice, but as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option in central midfield he can't be bad to have around. But enough of playing him on the wing against a top team, if we're low on wingers we can play Welbeck or Kagawa or Chicharito or even Rafael, or play a midfield diamond.

And, you know, as long as he's a useful squad member, I'm sure it won't hurt the club's finances to have Giggsy around. If two central midfielders go down injured we'll be glad Giggs in there for rotation.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Isn't he suffering from a loss of form more than losing his legs? Of course he can't run as long or as fast as he could at 30, but as a deep lying playmaker I think he can be just as dangerous as two years ago. I see no reason why a midfield of Carrick and Giggs, with Rooney and Chicharito in front, can't repeat the feats of 2010-11 and win the league and get to a CL final.

Not that I'm saying he should be first choice, but as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th option in central midfield he can't be bad to have around. But enough of playing him on the wing against a top team, if we're low on wingers we can play Welbeck or Kagawa or Chicharito or even Rafael, or play a midfield diamond.

And, you know, as long as he's a useful squad member, I'm sure it won't hurt the club's finances to have Giggsy around. If two central midfielders go down injured we'll be glad Giggs in there for rotation.

Losing his legs at almost 39 is natural. In fact he has performed at a higher level than the vast majority of similar aged players.

What's happening is happening because of his age.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well, I have to disagree that the problem is his legs not having the endurance needed. At least not from what I've seen.

When his passing is off, Giggs can look pretty bad, but that's just part of the package.

Steven Seagull

Losing his legs isn't causing him to play wank passes, miss control the ball and run straight into players. That's shit form.

He still shouldn't be starting 90% of games though. Maybe Ferguson doesn't trust Cleverley and Anderson as much as we've been led to believe.

Ash_G

Really was excellent tonight, probably most in his defensive work, made loads of tackles and was calm in defence and his energy was insane. Think this is how he should play, as the extra man in the middle. On the ball he did well although probably tried a few harder passes when he didn't need too but nothing ott.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, was very good, and never stopped running. As usual, had couple of his hollywood balls, but nothing too much, kept possesion very good, and scored two goals.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I hope some of the people who think Giggsy has nothing left to offer watched that game

An almost flawless performance against an all-star Chelsea side, surrounded by kids
So fecking cool, you can learn so much from just watching him. Ran for the whole 120 mins, took his chances excellently and even put Hazard on his arse for no reason. Just a consummate professional (on the pitch).

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Looks quite fit as well. In a three-man midfield he's certainly got a role to play still.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'd love to know how many miles he put in tonight.

kps88

I hope some of the people who think Giggsy has nothing left to offer watched that game

An almost flawless performance against an all-star Chelsea side, surrounded by kids
Spot on. He still makes vital contributions to the team. Tonight's performance just oozed experience. A few more performances like tonight will hopefully convince him and SAF to sort out one more year.

Platato

Psst!
There are times where Giggsy makes you want to scream with frustration and there are others where you just shake your head at how classy he is. Last night was one of those nights. Giggs was imperious. I think it's good if we play him every so often. Seems to really benefit him. That performance would have never happened if he started on Sunday.

Nathan

Giggs was awesome last night, was the driving force in everything that we did. Lead the team very well. He definitely has a role to play this season.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
There are times where Giggsy makes you want to scream with frustration and there are others where you just shake your head at how classy he is. Last night was one of those nights. Giggs was imperious. I think it's good if we play him every so often. Seems to really benefit him. That performance would have never happened if he started on Sunday.
No there aren't, his existence makes life better

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He's not going to get 1000, which is pretty upsetting.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Overall tonight, far from great but as long as he can keep producing moments of passing like for our first two goals, he is still a very valuable player to have.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Okay, the Ryan-Giggs-things-to-do-that-are-a-recipe-for-disaster-list:

a) Play him as a left winger while Paul Scholes plays

b) Play him in a midfield two

c) Play him in anywhere in midfield while Paul Scholes plays

d) Ask him to hang out with your girlfriend while being his brother

e) Ask him to hang out with Imogen Thomas if you are her husband

f) Being his wife

g) NEW: Ask him to anchor a midfield consisting of Anderson, himself and Wayne Rooney

Thisistheone

Not great but then changed the game. Great ball for RVP goal and created the moment that led to the pen.