Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchking

It's our job to back Giggsy. They are queuing up to destroy him. How do we know these women aren't setting their own shit on fire every night?
Come on man. It's not our job to support him. He is a millionaire who should have been a better human being.

No sympathy for him at all. Destroyed his career which he built over more than 2 decades. Even more shameful is how he has hurt women and shagged his brothers wife and destroyed so many relationships.

Gone from my favourite ever player to an absolute tosser.

These issues are over and above football. Do not fall for this nonsense of us supporting anyone like this.

432JuanMata

Come on man. It's not our job to support him. He is a millionaire who should have been a better human being.

No sympathy for him at all. Destroyed his career which he built over more than 2 decades. Even more shameful is how he has hurt women and shagged his brothers wife and destroyed so many relationships.

These issues are over and above football. Do not fall for this nonsense of us supporting anyone like this.
Spot on. As I said the footballer brought me so much joy and did so much for this club but doesn’t mean I or any others have to back him in situations were he has done something wrong. He will always be a legend at this club and was my favourite player for years but it’s obvious he is a knob.

432JuanMata

It's our job to back Giggsy. They are queuing up to destroy him. How do we know these women aren't setting their own shit on fire every night?
So if you were a Sunderland fan a few years ago would you back Adam Johnson ? Come off it you don’t and shouldn’t back someone just because he is a legend at this club

mu4c_20le

No sympathy for him? Destroyed his career? Did the trial happen already or you couldn't even wait for that to finish before getting this off your chest?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
What should we do? Hold a free Giggsy banner outside the courtroom? Hire a plane to fly over the courthouse writing THESE WOMEN SET THEIR SHIT ON FIRE EVERY NIGHT across the sky in red smoke?

mu4c_20le

Sympathy for what exactly?
No idea, it was part of a passionate rant.

Actually I assume that he feels Giggs deserves to go through all this, even though he might be found innocent in the end, just because he disagrees with what he did before.

432JuanMata

No idea, it was part of a passionate rant.
He’s right though. Yes on this case he is innocent til proven guilty but the thing with his brother and a lot of people who met him say he’s not the nicest person. He doesn’t deserve sympathy, if this turns out to be false I’ll certainly be in his corner but right now even without knowing if he is guilty or not he doesn’t deserve sympathy

mu4c_20le

He’s right though. Yes on this case he is innocent til proven guilty but the thing with his brother and a lot of people who met him say he’s not the nicest person. He doesn’t deserve sympathy, if this turns out to be false I’ll certainly be in his corner but right now even without knowing if he is guilty or not he doesn’t deserve sympathy
He is entitled to his opinion, I just found it rather strong and seemed to assume guilt based on personal opinions. Thats a very slippery slope. And the thing with his brother is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life, personally I don't like to pass judgment on people's family stuff, because we probably only know a very small percentage of it. IIRC we literally only heard one side of the story. Every family's got their histories and skeletons in the closet.

432JuanMata

He is entitled to his opinion, I just found it rather strong and seemed to assume guilt based on personal opinions. Thats a very slippery slope. And the thing with his brother is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life, personally I don't like to pass judgment on people's family stuff, because we probably only know a very small percentage of it. IIRC we literally only heard one side of the story. Every family's got their histories and skeletons in the closet.
I agree with the first sentence. These days it seems it’s guilty until proven innocent with most people. The only reason I quoted was the sympathy as he deserves none. I don’t pass judgment on family stuff too but it’s bad to do to your brother and there is no real excuses.

Denis79

It's my job to back a multi-millionare cnut of a human being? Why? Because he played for the club I support?

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

I don't know about yours but I am sure my family (and most families) doesn't have a history of brothers banging their brothers wives. I am a little appalled how casually you give him a free pass by hiding behind "lets not pass judgement and skeletons" argument. He knowingly did his brothers wife for 8 years. There is no if and or but about it. There is no we only know a small piece of it.

mu4c_20le

I don't know about yours but I am sure my family (and most families) doesn't have a history of brothers banging their brothers wives. I am a little appalled how casually you give him a free pass by hiding behind "lets not pass judgement and skeletons" argument. He knowingly did his brothers wife for 8 years. There is no if and or but about it. There is no we only know a small piece of it.
It's morally wrong, there's no ways around it. But what if they hated each other? What if the brother was an even bigger cnut behind the scenes. It's just not as simple as a black and white issue for me, but it's definitely a stain on his career.

dave1956

Shall we not wait until the considerations of the 12 good men and true, ( Now including our female folk ) are know before making judgements.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's morally wrong, there's no ways around it. But what if they hated each other? What if the brother was an even bigger cnut behind the scenes. It's just not as simple as a black and white issue for me, but it's definitely a stain on his career.
Would love to see what you would consider ‘being a bigger cnut behind the scenes’ that would mean long term adultery would be acceptable.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm curious what the reaction to these news would be if he had never slept with his brother's wife. I'm curious as to how this plays out, because while his character is definitely poor after the affair, it's still a big leap to go from that to assaulting women. When you realize you don't know someone beyond what they do on the field though, it does make you think anything is possible at this point with Giggsy. Good luck proving either side to be right.

Withnail

You're actually making it worse with your explanation.

The affair is bad enough but it takes a special kind of psycho to carry on an affair with his brother's wife for 8 years as an act of revenge for the brother's cnutishness.

mu4c_20le

You're actually making it worse with your explanation.

The affair is bad enough but it takes a special kind of psycho to carry on an affair with his brother's wife for 8 years as an act of revenge for the brother's cnutishness.
Who said anything about revenge? I said maybe they hated each other. If you come from a happy loving family and grew up in harmony, good for you. Maybe he didn't.

Withnail

Who said anything about revenge? I said maybe they hated each other. If you come from a happy loving family and grew up in harmony, good for you. Maybe he didn't.
So he had the affair for 8 years because they didn't get on?

Maybe I'm really slow tonight but if it's not a motivating factor, ie revenge, how is it a mitigating factor?

mu4c_20le

So he had the affair for 8 years because they didn't get on?

Maybe I'm really slow tonight but if it's not a motivating factor, ie revenge, how is it a mitigating factor?
No, that's pretty much it. That it happened for 8 years suggests the brother and the wife were in a loveless marriage.

I am sorry, what? Has Ronaldo in his own words said that he has done something way worse? Would be nice if you could back this up with a source.
If all Giggs had was this charge many would be waiting until the trial was over. But with Giggs we have a lot of facts from his past.

Ronaldo was an accusation that went no where, didn’t even lead to charges.
Also Ronaldo is regularly spoken of as a “good boy” by people, even Graeme Souness once said it on TV... “I don’t know him but everyone I know who knows him says he’s a good boy” Also Ronaldo helped his brother who had drug issues let’s him manage his CR7 brand and makes him feel part of things.... Giggs fecked his brothers wife for 7 years and when he got exposed he refused to apologise and turned his brother into the outcast by turning their mum against his brother.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think a lot of people, regarding Giggs, are unable to get beyond the ickiness of "ewww, his brother's wife?? How despicable!!!"

It's not the nicest thing to do. It also is, as far as I'm concerned, a family affair. Beyond categorically stating it's something I wouldn't do, I have no strong opinion on his character. I get people's need to moralize and what not, but judging by his career with Wales it wasn't a disqualifier. If he was a better manager it wouldn't be a disqualifier for more high profile jobs.

The assault charges.. that's a game changer. But then again I don't understand the correlation between sleeping with your brother's wife and assaulting women. Unless there are reports that the brother's wife wasn't into it and Giggs forced her?

Otherwise it seems a bit of a reach to indict him in the moronic court of public opinion because he slept with his brothers wife. Has nothing to do with violating a woman against their will.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If all Giggs had was this charge many would be waiting until the trial was over. But with Giggs we have a lot of facts from his past.

Ronaldo was an accusation that went no where, didn’t even lead to charges.
Also Ronaldo is regularly spoken of as a “good boy” by people, even Graeme Souness once said it on TV... “I don’t know him but everyone I know who knows him says he’s a good boy” Also Ronaldo helped his brother who had drug issues let’s him manage his CR7 brand and makes him feel part of things.... Giggs fecked his brothers wife for 7 years and when he got exposed he refused to apologise and turned his brother into the outcast by turning their mum against his brother.
That behavior has nothing to do with the very serious crime of bodily assault.

Bertie Wooster

I agree with the first sentence. These days it seems it’s guilty until proven innocent with most people. The only reason I quoted was the sympathy as he deserves none. I don’t pass judgment on family stuff too but it’s bad to do to your brother and there is no real excuses.
I agree with that.
And, even if they're found innocent - which is made virtually impossible by the trial by (social) media, and the outrage an innocent verdict would create - it's just seen as they're guilty but got away with it.

In the past couple of years, all it takes is an allegation of crimes along these lines and the accused is immediately assumed to be guilty, calls on social media and in the press lead them to lose their jobs and become pariahs, and any chance of a fair trial, or fair treatment in the press or anything, is made impossible as if they're found not guilty after all the hysteria based on their perceived guilt then there'd be a huge outcry, protests, outrage, etc. So it becomes a fait accompli even before the trial.

If the person is found guilty, when all the evidence has been carefully collected and considered and a fair trial has been completed, then they deserve to start receiving all the venom that they already get from the offset.

But throwing all that at them from the start, before the facts are fully known and they might turn out to be innocent and unfairly being put through hell and having their lives destroyed, is a very dangerous thing that has started to be seen as the 'right and moral' thing to do - and anyone who doesn't do it is 'defending abusers, sexists, racists,' etc. It isn't the 'right thing to do'. Not until the full facts are known and the verdict has been delivered.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

You should quit now. You make less and less sense longer this goes on. Even if the brothers couldn't stand each other, it doesn't make it okay to go on cheating with your brothers spouse, to say nothing of cheating on your own. Wonder what ferguson thinks of his blue white boy.

Red_toad

Has he been found guilty of the charges?
No and there’s an awful lot in this thread who have taken it as he’s 100% guilty and posted it in here. I think the mods need to close the thread and let the justice system deal with it, this thread isn’t going anywhere aside from allowing slandering of him. Seen many United players accused of rape, assault etc and nothing has come of it. In this case no one knows the full facts aside from those involved.

mu4c_20le

You should quit now. You make less and less sense longer this goes on. Even if the brothers couldn't stand each other, it doesn't make it okay to go on cheating with your brothers spouse, to say nothing of cheating on your own.
I think it's probably better for everyone if you just put me on ignore if my opinions offend you. I never actually defended or justified what he did, I merely explained why I don't hate him, and why he isn't 'dead to me' like he is for some here.

RedDevilzFox

I think it's probably better for everyone if you just put me on ignore if my opinions offend you. I never actually defended or justified what he did, I merely explained why I don't hate him, and why he isn't 'dead to me' like he is for some here.
I don't care about you or your opinion enough to put you on ignore. People take online forums too seriously, I don't.

I just find your line of reasoning less than bright.

Bondi77

No and there’s an awful lot in this thread who have taken it as he’s 100% guilty and posted it in here. I think the mods need to close the thread and let the justice system deal with it, this thread isn’t going anywhere aside from allowing slandering of him. Seen many United players accused of rape, assault etc and nothing has come of it. In this case no one knows the full facts aside from those involved.
Too right,
Let this go in front of the courts and take it's course.

Withnail

I think a lot of people, regarding Giggs, are unable to get beyond the ickiness of "ewww, his brother's wife?? How despicable!!!"

It's not the nicest thing to do. It also is, as far as I'm concerned, a family affair. Beyond categorically stating it's something I wouldn't do, I have no strong opinion on his character. I get people's need to moralize and what not, but judging by his career with Wales it wasn't a disqualifier. If he was a better manager it wouldn't be a disqualifier for more high profile jobs.

The assault charges.. that's a game changer. But then again I don't understand the correlation between sleeping with your brother's wife and assaulting women. Unless there are reports that the brother's wife wasn't into it and Giggs forced her?

Otherwise it seems a bit of a reach to indict him in the moronic court of public opinion because he slept with his brothers wife. Has nothing to do with violating a woman against their will.
The coercive control charges are more pertinent to what we know about him, in my view.

Someone who was able to do that, keep it quiet for so long and then turn family members against the wronged party when it all came would seem to be controlling/manipulative.

Obviously, we have to see what comes out in court but we know that control and manipulation are a feature of toxic relationships, and often there can be violence involved, so it's not a huge leap as far as I'm concerned.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The coercive control charges are more pertinent to what we know about him, in my view.

Someone who was able to do that, keep it quiet for so long and then turn family members against the wronged party when it all came would seem to be controlling/manipulative.

Obviously, we have to see what comes out in court but we know that control and manipulation are a feature of toxic relationships, and often there can be violence involved, so it's not a huge leap as far as I'm concerned.
He's also assaulted previous girlfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.