Not open for further replies.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Good: Technique, dribbling, speed, short passes
Okay: Shooting, long passes
(very) bad: Positioning, tackling, decision making
Questionable: Mentality

Nagelsmann at the end and Tuchel see him more as a CAM than a CM, let alone a CDM.

Would be happy to let him go for a good amount of money although i COULD imagine that he turns into a good player in the next few years.
Fair assessment.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
For Bayern Gravenberch was a big defensive liability even in a double pivot next to Kimmich when Goretzka was injured (Sabitzer did a way better job there at the beginning of last season).
Gravenberch has to have played very differently for Ajax if you can imagine him as a Casemior understudy.
In my memory he was pretty good defensively and in the past he was often compared to Frank Rijkaard so that was my train of thought. HAven't seen a single minute of him at Bayern though.

mu4c_20le

He's not a DM, he was touted as the next Pogba but never kicked on.

Best stay away unless it's for peanuts

Amsterdam Devil

He's not a DM, he was touted as the next Pogba but never kicked on.

Best stay away unless it's for peanuts
Yes he plays sort of like Pogba or maybe a bit in between Pogba and De Jong. But that’s not really a position so difficult where and how to play him, it shows at Bayern. At Ajax he was very good, one of the biggest talents around.

MUFC OK

For Bayern Gravenberch was a big defensive liability even in a double pivot next to Kimmich when Goretzka was injured (Sabitzer did a way better job there at the beginning of last season).
Gravenberch has to have played very differently for Ajax if you can imagine him as a Casemior understudy.
In your opinion, could Goretzka be an option for United and the purpose of the supposed meeting between the clubs?

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Yes he plays sort of like Pogba or maybe a bit in between Pogba and De Jong. But that’s not really a position so difficult where and how to play him, it shows at Bayern. At Ajax he was very good, one of the biggest talents around.
I do agree with the mentality assessment the Bayern boys make. You were never really sure if he cared one single bit.

Red 142

I can't say I've seen much of him, and having a brief look at some clips he seems a bit clumsy.

His stats seem pretty good though? They're better than Amrabat's for basically everything except pass completion % and total number of progressive passes, but even then they are not far off.

Even his defensive stats seem above average (and better than Amrabat's).

Plus he's only just turned 21 so still should have room to improve. The flip-side of that is that he seems a fairly similar player in style and position to Mainoo, so could block his progress a bit.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
In your opinion, could Goretzka be an option for United and the purpose of the supposed meeting between the clubs?
He seems to have lost his position to Laimer and Tuchel desperately wants a "holding 6", so I don't think that we would decline a good offer for Goretzka.
Some weeks ago he said in an interview that he wants to stay, but you never know.

But would you need him? I don't know. He is a very physical box to box CM, but his passing is not good enough for the starting lineup at a top club like Bayern or United imo

MUFC OK

He seems to have lost his position to Laimer and Tuchel desperately wants a "holding 6", so I don't think that we would decline a good offer for Goretzka.
Some weeks ago he said in an interview that he wants to stay, but you never know.

But would you need him? I don't know. He is a very physical box to box CM, but his passing is not good enough for the starting lineup at a top club like Bayern or United imo
I think we would be looking for a younger profile to go alongside Casemiro who can break up play and start attacks but a ball carrier of his quality could be of use certainly.

daba

I don’t rate this fella one bit. I’m getting Donny vibes.

He went to a big club, in a league theoretically easier than ours, and he completely failed to make any sort of impact. Had fewer appearances than Pellistri, last year.

He needs to move down a level and rediscover some form. Not move to an even tougher place. We already have a you CM in Mainoo to give opportunities to when needed.
Took the words out of my mouth. We also need a deeper sitting 8 in my opinion, which I don’t believe Gravenberch really is.

Mainoo fits that bill, he’s from our academy, he’s already here and probably has more potential given how Gravenberch has stalled.

Makes no sense, let Liverpool win this one.

RVN1991

I could see him as a Casemiro understudy to be honest.
He's nothing like Casemiro. Weird that he keeps being mentioned as a possible defensive midfield target for Liverpool since he's not that at all.

Bojan Djordjic

Do we reckon it's about Gravenberch, Pavard or both?
Beginning to question EtH's player ID if this is who he wants. Just doesn't fit any profile we need right now. We either need a first phase build up merchant or someone who can defend large amounts of space in defensive transitions. Gravenberch doesn't address either.

M16Born&Red

Thing is would Bayern sell a 21yo midfielder for the sort of money rumoured if they thought there was a real chance of him becoming top class?

They have a pretty damn good track record of identifying potential top players...

Guessing it's probably his versatility to play 6/8/10 all at least fairly well that's appealing to ETH. Maybe viewed as a McTominay replacement if he goes for a similar amount. Definitely better technically, pretty similar physically, has 5 years on him too, looking at it like that doesn't sound too bad of a deal for around £30m in today's market.

Wouldn't expect him to set the world alight but could be a quality squad player with scope to improve, and we lack technical midfielders who ALSO have the stamina needed to play 90-100mins in midfield in a Prem game (Eriksen & Donny I'm looking at you two), especially if we want to be a proper team who can challenge them lot with that robot.

BUT, we'd still need another #properDM though, good enough to keep Casemiro on his toes and slot in when he needs a rest/gets injured, also to switch to a double 6 mid game to protect a lead, or if we're just getting sliced open, so if McTominay is sold on top of Fred hopefully Gravenberch AND Amrabat is possible, because I don't think Gravenberch is that guy.

IF we got both Amrabat and Gravenberch that'd be a pretty nice midfield overhaul including Mount for good combined value, would likely be around the cost Rice and Caicedo were alone, somewhere in that £100-120m region for the trio.

Let's say our midfield options were Casemiro/Amrabat/Gravenberch/Mount/Eriksen/Bruno, with Mainoo on the fringes, things would look a lot rosier all of a sudden.

mu4c_20le

Let Liverpool have him, he isn't what they need either. hopefuly they blow their Lavia budget on him.

abailey123

Can see us doing a loan with obligation to buy if we don’t get shut of Van de Beek / McTominay. We definitely need a body in there, whether it’s Gravenberch, I’m not sure.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He was bang average since joining Bayern. Do not want

renatosanches85

Thing is would Bayern sell a 21yo midfielder for the sort of money rumoured if they thought there was a real chance of him becoming top class?

They have a pretty damn good track record of identifying potential top players...

Guessing it's probably his versatility to play 6/8/10 all at least fairly well that's appealing to ETH. Maybe viewed as a McTominay replacement if he goes for a similar amount. Definitely better technically, pretty similar physically, has 5 years on him too, looking at it like that doesn't sound too bad of a deal for around £30m in today's market.

Wouldn't expect him to set the world alight but could be a quality squad player with scope to improve, and we lack technical midfielders who ALSO have the stamina needed to play 90-100mins in midfield in a Prem game (Eriksen & Donny I'm looking at you two), especially if we want to be a proper team who can challenge them lot with that robot.

BUT, we'd still need another #properDM though, good enough to keep Casemiro on his toes and slot in when he needs a rest/gets injured, also to switch to a double 6 mid game to protect a lead, or if we're just getting sliced open, so if McTominay is sold on top of Fred hopefully Gravenberch AND Amrabat is possible, because I don't think Gravenberch is that guy.

IF we got both Amrabat and Gravenberch that'd be a pretty nice midfield overhaul including Mount for good combined value, would likely be around the cost Rice and Caicedo were alone, somewhere in that £100-120m region for the trio.

Let's say our midfield options were Casemiro/Amrabat/Gravenberch/Mount/Eriksen/Bruno, with Mainoo on the fringes, things would look a lot rosier all of a sudden.
Not a hope of getting Amrabat and Gravenberch, I doubt we will get either.

aeh1991

Please no. Another player ETH knows from the past, but unlike Licha or Onana, he is not good enough, besides the fact that he would not bring defensive stability. I'd prefer Amrabat any day.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Please no. Another player ETH knows from the past, but unlike Licha or Onana, he is not good enough, besides the fact that he would not bring defensive stability. I'd prefer Amrabat any day.
You do realize Amrabat played for Utrecht when ETH was the trainer there?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't rate him that much to be honest, better than nothing though I suppose .

aeh1991

You do realize Amrabat played for Utrecht when ETH was the trainer there?
I do. As I said, if he is good like Licha or Onana, no problem. Same with Amrabat. But the other category is Antony or Gravenberch.

Drizzle

IF we got both Amrabat and Gravenberch that'd be a pretty nice midfield overhaul including Mount for good combined value,
While they are all decent to good players, I can't help but get Europa League vibes from that midfield. Maybe blowing the lot on a game-changing signing like Caicedo or Rice may have been preferable?

Swedish_Plumber

Is he better than Mctominay? Has he shown a better ability at a similar level that Scott plays? If that’s questionable then we should be looking elsewhere

the_cliff

While they are all decent to good players, I can't help but get Europa League vibes from that midfield. Maybe blowing the lot on a game-changing signing like Caicedo or Rice may have been preferable?
I don't get this view. I'm not saying Rice and Caicedo are not good players but Rice last season was literally a 'Conference league player' as was Amrabat....
Caicedo is yet to play European football in his career....

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Gravenberch is class, best young Dutch midfielder by miles. And I’ve seen him live plenty of times.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Doesn’t really make sense after the Mount signing no? We can’t even get Amrabat now because we can’t offload a midfielder. Can’t see us signing both Amravat and Gravenberch

Darlington Padgett

Doesn’t really make sense after the Mount signing no? We can’t even get Amrabat now because we can’t offload a midfielder. Can’t see us signing both Amravat and Gravenberch
I think we have a better change of landing him on Loan than Amrabat who's got a year left on his contract.

tomaldinho1

Beginning to question EtH's player ID if this is who he wants. Just doesn't fit any profile we need right now. We either need a first phase build up merchant or someone who can defend large amounts of space in defensive transitions. Gravenberch doesn't address either.
If we could dominate the ball, Gravenberch and Mount as attacking 8's would be potentially superb on paper but we aren't dropping our captain and we don't dominate the ball anyway so it's an odd one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is he solely targeting players that he has only seen so he knows how to get the best out of them? It does make sense a bit.

It’s nothing against these players but surely we will run out of players one day if we sign every eredivisie/Ajax player theoretically that he wants?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like a lot of people don’t rate him… could have sworn a lot of people wanted him before he moved to Bayern. Was highly rated at Ajax. He’s not what we need right now though, seems like we’re just getting linked with Random players now. I thought ETH was all about a system and implementing his style… if we’re going for another Mid then we need to go for physicality and someone who’s good at progressing the ball. Our midfield is weak as anything and get ran through by everyone.

croadyman

Why don't we try proposing a loan with option/obligation to buy as we're skint. Feels to me that Utd are wary of FFP and are scared of getting the Juve treatment,therefore this looks our only realistic prospect of another signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.