Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney | Wrexham AFC Watch

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why are they so pourus?
Because their passing and ball retention is atrocious at times, that's how most goals happened today.

Again, a big step up from the intensity they are used too, but am sure they will learn and adjust accordingly.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Because their passing and ball retention is atrocious at times, that's how most goals happened today.

Again, a big step up from the intensity they are used too, but am sure they will learn and adjust accordingly.
Just like United

Hoof the ball

5-5.

Still, it's 28 shots to 8 in Wrexhams favour. Obviously Wrexham weren't second best here.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
They sure like these hollywood endings!

Zen

Gonna need to show some ruthlessness to some players that helped bring them up to be fair.

Fosters essentially living off his debut and the pen save in terms of performances for Wrexham, and what he can bring as a content creator has pretty much peaked too. He shouldn't have been starting at the start of the season, forget the next game. Mullin's insane work ethic up top is incredibly missed though... big reason why he's a potential lower tier Championship player here, scoring prowess might diminish in that division but you can't question the work ethic and pressing he provides.... okay sounding too much like Wout now.

chris123

Parkinson will get sacked if he doesn't sort the defence out, I feel. They've signed two League 1 level defenders, can't really be shipping 5 goals every other game.

arthurka

Parkinson will get sacked if he doesn't sort the defence out, I feel. They've signed two League 1 level defenders, can't really be shipping 5 goals every other game.
Foster had a bit of a mare not much the manager can do about that.

Champ

5-5.

Still, it's 28 shots to 8 in Wrexhams favour. Obviously Wrexham weren't second best here.
Yet they let in 5, for the second time this season already.

They give the ball away way too easily, it's almost like they are not used to the intensity that league football brings...
Going forward won't be an issue for them once Mullins gets back in, but the back line and ball retention is poor, a bit like United to be honest!

Hoof the ball

Yet they let in 5, for the second time this season already.

They give the ball away way too easily, it's almost like they are not used to the intensity that league football brings...
Going forward won't be an issue for them once Mullins gets back in, but the back line and ball retention is poor, a bit like United to be honest!
They let in 5 from 6 shots on target in their first game vs Mk Dons. The opposition only had 8 shots overall. Wrexham had 23 shots overall.
They let in 5 from 6 shots on target in their game today vs Swindon. The opposition only had 8 shots overall. Wrexham had 21 shots overall.
That's 45 shots overall for Wrexham from those two games alone. The opposition? 16 shots overall. 10 goals from 16 shots overall. That's freakish and probably says more about Foster than it does the relative strength of Wrexham. Hell, a lot of those goals were outside of the box, so an argument can't even be made that they kept conceding easy chances.

In their first game vs. Mk Dons, Wrexham had 64% possession. Dominance.
In their third game vs. Swindon, Wrexham had 48%. Practically even.

Champ

They let in 5 from 6 shots on target in their first game vs Mk Dons. The opposition only had 8 shots overall. Wrexham had 23 shots overall.
They let in 5 from 6 shots on target in their game today vs Swindon. The opposition only had 8 shots overall. Wrexham had 21 shots overall.
That's 45 shots overall for Wrexham from those two games alone. The opposition? 16 shots overall. 10 goals from 16 shots overall. That's freakish and probably says more about Foster than it does the relative strength of Wrexham. Hell, a lot of those goals were outside of the box, so an argument can't even be made that they kept conceding easy chances.

In their first game vs. Mk Dons, Wrexham had 64% possession. Dominance.
In their third game vs. Swindon, Wrexham had 48%. Practically even.
Did you see the goals today?

Nearly all were from Wrexham giving the ball away or getting out muscled, they weren't closing down quick enough in the first half, looked off pace and were constantly giving the ball away.

Quite a lot of Wrexham's shots on target were from set pieces, free kicks. So just using stats doesn't paint any context to the equation.

The step up is beginning to be felt by them, I get the impression that many thought they could walk this league without realising that the step up into the league is a big big step.

I'd imagine they'll sort it out and I'm sure in the winter window they'll add a few more players which will put them in a good position by the end.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

Foster's retired. Probably for the best, he's looked dreadful.

Mike Smalling

What has happened? Has he fallen off a cliff, or is the level in League 2 just that much higher?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
What has happened? Has he fallen off a cliff, or is the level in League 2 just that much higher?
Don't think for a good keeper there's that much difference, perhaps it's just the body not recovering the way it used to and finally admitting that age does its thing.

Mike Smalling

Don't think for a good keeper there's that much difference, perhaps it's just the body not recovering the way it used to and finally admitting that age does its thing.
Yeah, and possibly also just being more exposed now that Wrexham are more middle of the pack rather than the stand-out team of the league.

Hoof the ball

Yeah, and possibly also just being more exposed now that Wrexham are more middle of the pack rather than the stand-out team of the league.
They're not conceding many shots per game. The stats tell the narrative that Wrexham are better than the results suggest in the first few games.

The opposition scored 10 goals in 12 shots. That's not a League 2 thing. That's a Ben Foster thing and almost certainly explains his imminent retirement.

Mike Smalling

They're not conceding many shots per game. The stats tell the narrative that Wrexham are better than the results suggest in the first few games.

The opposition scored 10 goals in 12 shots. That's not a League 2 thing. That's a Ben Foster thing and almost certainly explains his imminent retirement.
Ok, I did not see those stats. That’s rough. He also admits to it in his announcement, which you can only respect.

Not sure I can think of other examples of retirements this early in a season due to lacking performance.

Hoof the ball

Ok, I did not see those stats. That’s rough. He also admits to it in his announcement, which you can only respect.

Not sure I can think of other examples of retirements this early in a season due to lacking performance.
It's a great sign of humility that he's willing to do what is best for the club over personal desire to extend it. I commend him fully.

Didn't Neville retire mid-season on the back of a string of very poor performances? Other than that I'm struggling too.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Here's some xG stats I found for what it's worth. Foster conceding way more than expected. They've also been lethal themselves to score 15.

Wrexham 1.98-1.39 MK Dons
AFC Wimbledon 1.26-1.40 Wrexham
Wrexham 2.12-1.57 Walsall
Wrexham 2.64-1.28 Swindon

Total XG For = 8.14
Total xG Against = 5.5