Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney | Wrexham AFC Watch

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ben Foster won us the league cup once. Had no idea he was at Wrexham now.

Remember the geese

He’s far from shite. Seems to score every game. He’ll hit his level in the next couple of seasons if they keep going up, but he’s far too good for the National League
Granted he's too good for the National League. He would be a very good player in league Two. However, anything beyond that? Nah.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
BBC news presenter reckons they’ve been promoted to the Premier League. Some story that from the 5th tier just last season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
For a man best known as the creator and showrunner of a show about the worst people on earth, Rob McElhenny does seem like a thoroughly decent guy.

Ironically his Sunny character probably can't stand football.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ben Foster won us the league cup once. Had no idea he was at Wrexham now.
He retired last summer and had no intention to make a comeback really. Wrexham had injury issues with their goalkeepers and Fozzy used to play there (won a trophy there too) when he was younger so he signed a deal for a few weeks. Well that and all the access and connections he gets of course.

Hoof the ball

Paul Rudd in the stands with the boys, too! Wrexham is soon gonna have more celeb fans than us.

We've got Mick Hucknall and they're stacking up A-list Hollywood celebs.

Get on it, ETH!

top1whoisman

Scout
Have they done anything wrong yet? I mean I’m sure they don’t mind being in the limelight but it’s nice to see these small gestures, giving all the credit to the team, as it should.

Zen

3/1 apparently for the double promotion - albeit I can't actually find the bet anywhere, so not sure if that was requested for straight promotion or as winners next year. 3/1 just for promotion next seems legit value. League 1 is usual more a stumbling block.

Hoof the ball

3/1 apparently for the double promotion - albeit I can't actually find the bet anywhere, so not sure if that was requested for straight promotion or as winners next year. 3/1 just for promotion next seems legit value. League 1 is usual more a stumbling block.
Strong rumours that Robson Kanu is going to play for them next season and donate his wages to charity. So if they line up with Mullin and Robson Kanu, it's a lock.

Zen

Strong rumours that Robson Kanu is going to play for them next season and donate his wages to charity. So if they line up with Mullin and Robson Kanu, it's a lock.
2 years out... a goalie doing it 6 months out is one thing, but a forward, I don't know. I don't see it being worth it, he's just trying to get in on the act, if they truly fancy back to back, which they clearly do, there's better options. Unlike say, Notts, they won't have a major issue with keeping their players either.... Mullin ain't giving this up for those sniffing from the Championship for instance, whereas Langstaff may well.

top1whoisman

Scout
2 years out... a goalie doing it 6 months out is one thing, but a forward, I don't know. I don't see it being worth it, he's just trying to get in on the act, if they truly fancy back to back, which they clearly do, there's better options. Unlike say, Notts, they won't have a major issue with keeping their players either.... Mullin ain't giving this up for those sniffing from the Championship for instance, whereas Langstaff may well.
Don’t know why or if it makes any sense, but I think if they go down the sign big names route, they’ll struggle. I feel that to get sustainable success they should get some smart and savvy football people in the organisation. Could definitely be wrong but that’s my gut feeling.

Zen

To be fair, they likely won't go down the route. It's merely Kanu fishing I think... I'd guess they'll look at a couple of top players around the level, and they shouldn't have to pay insanely over the odds like they did for some to get them now, since the clear marketability and exposure is there.. Foster just worked for all and probably a one off... they'll reject Lingard next, watch this space (not serious, but I wouldn't past him trying it on at all, his head for top level football has gone).

top1whoisman

Scout
To be fair, they likely won't go down the route. It's merely Kanu fishing I think... I'd guess they'll look at a couple of top players around the level, and they shouldn't have to pay insanely over the odds like they did for some to get them now, since the clear marketability and exposure is there.. Foster just worked for all and probably a one off... they'll reject Lingard next, watch this space (not serious, but I wouldn't past him trying it on at all, his head for top level football has gone).
Foster himself said it publicly that he was fine with them basically covering his travelling to training and accommodation if he needs to stay over in Wrexham.

I’d say they will go down that route to an extent if they don’t hire someone to be in charge of footballing matters. Not sure if it’s smart, on that level, going after the players the managers asks them to, instead of building a bit more long term with a DoF.

And if they’re smart they’ve already been building that structure for the summer.

Zen

I don't really know what your first sentence is referring too. But yeah, I just don't think theres anything to suggest they'd actually go through with signings like Kanu, they've been brilliant with recruitment so far as a unit, and Parkinson already knows League 2 tremendously well... no need to mess with the good stuff, at the moment at least, since it's already a League 2 competing team, as are Notts County, should they do what they should, and not get broken up.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm just enjoying this moment right now where we all love them, because true to Caf tradition we'll be hating them within 12 months because they're popular.

I'll start; I'm getting tired of all of these Wrexham players having their own celeb duet tiktoks with Paul Rudd and Danny DeVito.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Their 2023/2024 season all went to shit when the owner of the nearby pub started driving a Lambo and go Turkey teeth. The final straw happened around Christmas when the team started arriving to away games via helicopters.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm just enjoying this moment right now where we all love them, because true to Caf tradition we'll be hating them within 12 months because they're popular.

I'll start; I'm getting tired of all of these Wrexham players having their own celeb duet tiktoks with Paul Rudd and Danny DeVito.
Way ahead of you.

bosskeano

it should be a cracking season and the season 2 of welcome to wrexham will be brilliant

Cloud7

If it's one thing the Caf can't help but hate, it's something popular that isn't related to United.

People think another team plays good football - "Wow well aren't they the bestest team in football history? How come they did something bad?"

People think there's a better manager out there - "Hipster manager"

People think there's a better defender out there - "Hipster defender"

I can go on and on

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If it's one thing the Caf can't help but hate, it's something popular that isn't related to United.

People think another team plays good football - "Wow well aren't they the bestest team in football history? How come they did something bad?"

People think there's a better manager out there - "Hipster manager"

People think there's a better defender out there - "Hipster defender"

I can go on and on
:lol: bloody hipsters everywhere