Ryan Sessegnon

Hawks2008

We should not being signing squad players. We should be signing players who will improve the first 11 and then our current starters become the squad players. That's how the overall level of the team will improve.

beingshe7don

Sessegnon is not a first 11 player YET. We need to be focusing on players that will move straight into our first 11.

Sanche7

Sessegnon is not a first 11 player YET. We need to be focusing on players that will move straight into our first 11.
Or young players with WC potential, like Felix Sancho or De Ligt
Would rather if we sign anyone one of them than all three of James, Longstaff and Sessegnon

beingshe7don

Or young players with WC potential, like Felix Sancho or De Ligt
Would rather if we sign anyone one of them than all three of James, Longstaff and Sessegnon
I agree... However, James would come for 15m, so I would make an exception for him as he's got what it takes to push Martial and get the best out of him. James is not naturally talented like Martial but has tremendous perseverance, endurance and pace which we are missing in our team. His overall demeanor screams Fergie's United.

crossy1686

career ending
I think the plan is to sign these players and give them a year or two to force their way into the first team. They’d also be 100% better backup than Young, Jones, Mata etc. Nothing to lose, everything to prove.

It also seems we’re running two concurrent transfer plans this summer. First team players, at least 3 big names. Young British potential, this lad, Lingstaff, James etc.

It seems as though we’re finally giving the future more thought than ‘who’s available this summer then??’

Hughes35

Great time to sign him IMO. It's about time we bought players at the right time before their value rockets.

Last season he came off a great season in the Championship and crazy money was being talks about. He's just come off the back of an average season and got relegated, one year on his contract. Sign him BEFORE he becomes a 50 million player. We need an awful lot of players this window so I'd be delighted to sign him at a reasonable price.

beingshe7don

I think the plan is to sign these players and give them a year or two to force their way into the first team. They’d also be 100% better backup than Young, Jones, Mata etc. Nothing to lose, everything to prove.

It also seems we’re running two concurrent transfer plans this summer. First team players, at least 3 big names. Young British potential, this lad, Lingstaff, James etc.

It seems as though we’re finally giving the future more thought than ‘who’s available this summer then??’
We've already got tonnes of youth players that need to be given a chance. Greenwood would have had a season under his belt if he was in France. Also, Sessegnon, looks okay as a player. I mean he hasn't demonstrated qualities that Bale showed while he was at Southampton and Fulham are looking for 40m for him which I believe could be utilized towards someone who would feature in our first 11. On the other hand, I think Tierney is highly underrated LB. The guy is only a couple years older than Sessegnon if I'm not wrong and has tonnes of experience playing for Celtic. I reckon we could nab him for 15 to 20m.

Andy_Cole

Great time to sign him IMO. It's about time we bought players at the right time before their value rockets.

Last season he came off a great season in the Championship and crazy money was being talks about. He's just come off the back of an average season and got relegated, one year on his contract. Sign him BEFORE he becomes a 50 million player. We need an awful lot of players this window so I'd be delighted to sign him at a reasonable price.
This!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've already got tonnes of youth players that need to be given a chance. Greenwood would have had a season under his belt if he was in France. Also, Sessegnon, looks okay as a player. I mean he hasn't demonstrated qualities that Bale showed while he was at Southampton and Fulham are looking for 40m for him which I believe could be utilized towards someone who would feature in our first 11. On the other hand, I think Tierney is highly underrated LB. The guy is only a couple years older than Sessegnon if I'm not wrong and has tonnes of experience playing for Celtic. I reckon we could nab him for 15 to 20m.
Tierney won't be moving from Celtic until the 10 in a row is sorted one way or the other. Will be a brilliant acquisition for whoever signs him though.

mu4c_20le

He's already being quoted at 40m and Spurs are also after him which means the price will drive up. Also, we've got a lot more important positions that need strengthening than LB/ LWB.
No chance Spurs would pay that much, their own record is 36m. I would be happy if we can get this kid for 25-30, with some add-ons.

-Supreme-

He's already being quoted at 40m and Spurs are also after him which means the price will drive up. Also, we've got a lot more important positions that need strengthening than LB/ LWB.
No chance he will cost £40m given his contract runs out next summer and Fulham are relegated

He should be available for around £20m

He'd be a good option for us as we hugely lack in any left footed players

Hughes35

No chance he will cost £40m given his contract runs out next summer and Fulham are relegated

He should be available for around £20m

He'd be a good option for us as we hugely lack in any left footed players
I'd also be amazed if he went for more than 25mil.

flappyjay

I thought the armchair scouts would have learned a thing or two from the likes of Zaha and Salah but suppose not.
Funny enough whilst playing for a relegation team he was more productive than Lingard.

flappyjay

Why do people keep saying he is an lb/lwb. He has mainly played as winger over the past two seasons. He looked average in a relegated team but was also their third most productive player behind mitrovic and Babel. Also more productive than j lingz who is a starter for us. There is no harm in signing this kid for 20m. 21 year old James isn't good enough to lace this kids boots yet some would rather have him. This place is weird. You need more than just pace to make it in the epl ask Lennon and Walcot

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Where do you reckon we'd play him if he was to come here? Out wide?
Yes. He didn’t score those goals in the championship as a defender.
If he does come,we’d need to develop him like Sterling IMO.

But the key word is ‘develop.’ Pep and Poch would be good examples of how todo this

redsunited

Buy him. We lack a left footed alternative in left wing. Currently he is worth 25m. Pay 35m (English player tax 10m+) and let him develop here. As a squad player, he would develop much better than Lingard who could be sold in another year if still has a below average season.

In Rainbows

Why do people keep saying he is an lb/lwb. He has mainly played as winger over the past two seasons. He looked average in a relegated team but was also their third most productive player behind mitrovic and Babel. Also more productive than j lingz who is a starter for us. There is no harm in signing this kid for 20m. 21 year old James isn't good enough to lace this kids boots yet some would rather have him. This place is weird. You need more than just pace to make it in the epl ask Lennon and Walcot
Because at a club like United, LB is the position that would benefit United the most. He's so young that I don't like the idea of saying he can't play as a LB even though he originally started at LB before being part of the first team where he played everywhere, and more recently, predominantly at LW.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I agree... However, James would come for 15m, so I would make an exception for him as he's got what it takes to push Martial and get the best out of him. James is not naturally talented like Martial but has tremendous perseverance, endurance and pace which we are missing in our team. His overall demeanor screams Fergie's United.
Really? You were all doom and gloom in the Daniel James thread? Posted....

"One trick pony and not good enough. We can't afford to get this wrong again. We need immediate impact."

Dante

Average bang
Let's say that Chong has a 5% chance of making it, and Sessegnon has a 15% chance of making it (Sessegnon being a about the same age as Chong).

Would you be be willing to spend £25m to triple the chances of making a first teamer out of someone with Chong's profile? I would. The potential upside is a £80m player who's loyal to the club and brought up with United's standards for never-say-die effort attitude.

Nick7

Let's say that Chong has a 5% chance of making it, and Sessegnon has a 15% chance of making it (Sessegnon being a about the same age as Chong).

Would you be be willing to spend £25m to triple the chances of making a first teamer out of someone with Chong's profile? I would. The potential upside is a £80m player who's loyal to the club and brought up with United's standards for never-say-die effort attitude.
If Chong can't make it when he has competition there's no place for him here. If we spend the money on a young winger and Chong turns out better that's fantastic. If the other young winger comes good that's also fantastic. We can't just not sign players because we want our youngsters to have a free run at the position. Competition makes them better.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We overrate our kids so fecking much. I don't know why.

They play due to sheer lack of options in the first XI and look broadly average, and then we get posts talking about them being a potential star.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If Chong can't make it when he has competition there's no place for him here. If we spend the money on a young winger and Chong turns out better that's fantastic. If the other young winger comes good that's also fantastic. We can't just not sign players because we want our youngsters to have a free run at the position. Competition makes them better.
Well said, competition is what we need to push the players. From Chong’s level to Pogba’s.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think Ole would play him as a RW.
Not sure about that. Olé does like to mix it up with the shape though and we know he likes fullbacks/wingbacks that really get forward so I expect he really likes his versatility when it comes to positions.

Carl

Why can't we focus on both? Focussing on players we think will come straight into the first 11 and giving no thought to developing players is partly why our squad is in such a mess.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I think Ole would play him as a RW.
Think that is his best position even if he hasn't played there much I presume. Currently all wingers seem better off coming in to score goals.

Anyway supposedly Liverpool are interested in him now as well which could make it very problematic.

Dante

Average bang
We overrate our kids so fecking much. I don't know why.

They play due to sheer lack of options in the first XI and look broadly average, and then we get posts talking about them being a potential star.
Well said, competition is what we need to push the players. From Chong’s level to Pogba’s.
Errr... what?

johanovic

He is 19 years old, can play Lb,Lw and Rw positions and took part in 35 games in the PL and scored 2 and made 6 assists. How some can write him off is remarkable. How much would he improve playing with much better players? Is it not impressive being a PL regular at the age of 19? Mostly playing as a winger.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Errr... what?
Don’t you agree? The whole squad is way too comfortable at the moment. Just look at Rashford - got his chance through injuries, made an impact, but had no real threat to compete with for his position recently and now he’s extremely inconsistent.

I can’t see how signing a young player in the same position will feck Chong’s chances up. It’s not like signing a big money singing that has to play. Chong will just have to work harder.

starman

I have not watched a lot of him, so can't form a well rounded opinion yet, but he's never really impressed as player we must sign or take a chance on. He's in the Rodwell/Downing bracket for me at the moment, like when they burst onto the scene

Spielmacher

Not sure about that. Olé does like to mix it up with the shape though and we know he likes fullbacks/wingbacks that really get forward so I expect he really likes his versatility when it comes to positions.
I suspect the fact that he hasn't really used Dalot as a RB over Young is down to him not rating Dalot enough defensively, even though he provides better output attacking-wise. Since Sessegnon isn't very reliable as a defensive fullback either, I doubt we're looking at it as his main-position.
He seems to like inverted wingers, even tried Lukaku multiple times on the right because of his left foot.
Obviously versatility is always a plus, but I guess his squad position would be backup to whoever we bring in as main right winger.
Might all be wishful thinking though, who knows if we're even in for him or Daniel James.

beingshe7don

Really? You were all doom and gloom in the Daniel James thread? Posted....

"One trick pony and not good enough. We can't afford to get this wrong again. We need immediate impact."
Haha.... I followed up that statement with another taking back my words and said that despite being a one trick pony, his perseverance and his drive to track back and fight till the end is what we've lacked as a United team and he would definitely push Martial to get better.

If you're going to quote me, you might as well find my latest quotations. I'm no hypocrite..

beingshe7don

Why can't we focus on both? Focussing on players we think will come straight into the first 11 and giving no thought to developing players is partly why our squad is in such a mess.
Unfortunately, our transfer kitty isn't endless and we need to spend money on getting 2 CMs, a ST, RW, CB, RB and possibly a GK if De Gea leaves... That leaves no room to focus on getting a player which we are currently fine with at the moment.

Carl

Unfortunately, our transfer kitty isn't endless and we need to spend money on getting 2 CMs, a ST, RW, CB, RB and possibly a GK if De Gea leaves... That leaves no room to focus on getting a player which we are currently fine with at the moment.
We need to think long term though. Where has this short term strategy gotten us so far?

Also, side note but if De Gea leaves we already have his replacement at the club in my opinion.