Ryan Sessegnon

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Pochettino has the credentials/actually has a record of success with developing young players. He has that going for him, but I see your point as well.
Am I missing something here, what amazing youth talent has Poch brought through the ranks at Spurs? Kane was about before Poch, although he gave him a run of games, Winks maybe, anyone else?
Sess would be better off going to a team like Wolves, a team that plays direct pace driven football.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why everybody keeps mentioning we’re rebuilding as it is actually a good thing and appealing for young players? :lol:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Looks like Ryan Sessegnon will be signing for Spurs tomorrow. Good stuff.

Red00012

I remember sky sports news saying at the beginning of the summer we were interested in signing him, another one bites the dust for Sky

Art Vandelay

He seemed set for Spurs all summer, bit strange to leave to deadline day rather than getting him in for pre-season. Although I suppose you could say the same for us and Maguire.

starman

Interested to see how he develops at Spurs, but i dont see the massive hype around him, other than being a left footed/sided young English player.

Scholsey2004

Interested to see how he develops at Spurs, but i dont see the massive hype around him, other than being a left footed/sided young English player.
If you were wanting to play three at the back with wing backs he's probably the best youngster around for the wing back role.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
David Ornstein (BBC): "Tottenham have signed Fulham's England Under-21 left-back Ryan Sessegnon for £25m on a five-year deal with an option for six years."

Shinjch

He is a player that I am yet to see the hype in. Though being at Spurs with Pochettino will no doubt be good for him, if he has it then you would trust Poch to get it out of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is a player that I am yet to see the hype in. Though being at Spurs with Pochettino will no doubt be good for him, if he has it then you would trust Poch to get it out of him.
I don't think he's a winger at all. He will turn out to be a good attacking left back IF he can learn how to defend.

I'm sure Pochettino will try to convert him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Very odd it wasn't completed until deadline day.

I think it's the right move for him. He would've done a complete Zaha if he came to United, so as an England fan I'm happy he's not here as there is a footballer for the future in there.

As a United fan in disappointed he's gone to Spurs, as I do feel in 12 to 24 months with Poch, we'll be looking at a top top player. But there are question marks as to whether he can bring his quality into the elite levels of football.

beingshe7don

Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon are really good signings for Spurs. I always thought they needed a backup in the striker department with Llorente leaving but Son is more than capable of filling that position when needed. United will have to push for 4th position.

Gandalf

Really? He cost half of what Wan Bissaka cost.
He is in a very different situation though. AWB was defensively the best FB in the PL last season whereas Ryan pretty much had a mare and looked terribly out of his depth. Despite the difference in price it is a fair comment to say he is the bigger gamble as he has not shown he is worth 25m yet whereas AWB justified his price tag. This is not to knock Spurs because as said above, he definitely has talent and Poch is the ideal man to channel it and so provided he puts in the effort he could well end up looking a bargain in a couple of seasons, it is just that there is a risk with him that he might be a bust.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is in a very different situation though. AWB was defensively the best FB in the PL last season whereas Ryan pretty much had a mare and looked terribly out of his depth. Despite the difference in price it is a fair comment to say he is the bigger gamble as he has not shown he is worth 25m yet whereas AWB justified his price tag. This is not to knock Spurs because as said above, he definitely has talent and Poch is the ideal man to channel it and so provided he puts in the effort he could well end up looking a bargain in a couple of seasons, it is just that there is a risk with him that he might be a bust.
I don't think you can judge him on a relegation battled season, to a decent Palace side with a decent manager at the helm. £25M for a English player who clearly has good potential is a bargain.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
Really? He cost half of what Wan Bissaka cost, and a year and a half younger.
He was in last year of his contract plus playing for relegated team. so good deal for Fulham and spurs. It'd be interesting to see how he develops.

In Rainbows

It's a bargain. He's only 19. People forget that he's from the same generation as Gomes. Compare that to what we paid for James.

Classical Mechanic

It just isn't a bargain no matter how you spin it. I like Sessegnon but £25m + Onomah when he has 12 months on his contract is a pretty high fee for him. If Onomah is £5m its like valuing him at £100m if he had 5 years on his deal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It just isn't a bargain no matter how you spin it. I like Sessegnon but £25m + Onomah when he has 12 months on his contract is a pretty high fee for him. If Onomah is £5m its like valuing him at £100m if he had 5 years on his deal.
It’s not if he has a year left on his contract. It’s just good business both ends.
Ok.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should be a good signing, no way it's a bargain though. :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Should be a good signing, no way it's a bargain though. :lol:
Yeah wouldn't say he is a bargain however he has a lot of potential and should become a top player (hopefully) so it will likely appear cheap in the long run.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Great signing wish we had got him, N’Dombele Sessegnon and Lo Celso is an excellent window.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
My point is he's is a snip at £25M, Im not knocking Wan Bissaka's talent here, I think he will be a very good signing.
Different types of players, I think Sessegnon might be better as a right winger long term cutting in. Not sure about him defensively as a full back. Either way Wan-Bissaka is an automatic first choice whiloe Sessegnon is still developing.

This is still a good signing though based on the promise he has.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was only brought as cover? I assumed he would walk into the first team.
I'd say he will rotate with Rose/Davies and possibly higher up the pitch also. He will get plenty of games I'd expect but probably too early to say if he will be first choice - probably not this season.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Spurs not messing around. If they manage to keep Eriksen, they will have had an outstanding transfer window.