Ryan Tunnicliffe

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I was mightily impressed with him today. Thought he showed a good eye for a pass and intelligence.

What do the regular watchers of the U18s and Reserves make of him? I've only watched 5-6 matches this year and he hasn't stood out as much as Pogba or Morrison. How does he stack up against the other midfielders at the club and does he have a chance?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's highly rated and though I didn't see the game tonight, 9/10 he puts in a performance. He's all over the place, good passer, makes tackles, gets forward, defends well....he's a class act at that level and he's got a good chance. He's the type of midfielder we need. We've not had his type since keane with Hargreaves injured. Fletcher? When people say we have talent, we have talent and in number that's why people should watch the kids

MPTutd

I think he has a chance, purely because I think he will work very hard for it.

Has lots to his game, but his bursting runs from midfield are his strong point. Very quick bursts reminiscent of Gerrard in his prime.

lysglimt

Scout
I was mightily impressed with him today. Thought he showed a good eye for a pass and intelligence.

What do the regular watchers of the U18s and Reserves make of him? I've only watched 5-6 matches this year and he hasn't stood out as much as Pogba or Morrison. How does he stack up against the other midfielders at the club and does he have a chance?

What I like about him is his drive - I just love when he picks up the ball and using pace and strength, just drives forward past defenders. It's the nearest thing United has to a Gerrard-light.

And his passing is very underrated.

A Pogba can not survive without a Tunnicliffe - but a Tunnicliffe can survive without a Pogba :)

Decotron

What I like about him is his drive - I just love when he picks up the ball and using pace and strength, just drives forward past defenders. It's the nearest thing United has to a Gerrard-light.

And his passing is very underrated.

A Pogba can not survive without a Tunnicliffe - but a Tunnicliffe can survive without a Pogba :)
Our Pogba certainly can...

Virtuoso

Brilliant news, hope he's involved in the match too if possible. Really a fan of his, enjoyed watching his development thus far but hopefully he can push on further.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Anyone post some stats for him. Height, left/right side etcJust interested:)

MPTutd

He has officially been registered with the PL according to manutd.com.

He has a squad number - 44 I think it was.

jb8521

He has officially been registered with the PL according to manutd.com.

He has a squad number - 44 I think it was.
Says its 46 on the official site. Great reward for him and thoroughly deserved he puts in 100% in every game he plays and really drives the team and other players on. His excellent attitude and work rate could see him go a long way in the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I like the size of his bollocks.

He went in for a 50:50 challenge against Newcastle that most of our first-choice central midfielders might have pulled out of. Even Gaz Neville was wincing, just watching from the commentary box.

Not sure if he's got the technical ability to match his courage and aggression but I really hope he can make it. We need more players with big balls.

jb8521

He went in for a 50:50 challenge against Newcastle that most of our first-choice central midfielders might have pulled out of. Even Gaz Neville was wincing, just watching from the commentary box.

Not sure if he's got the technical ability to match his courage and aggression but I really hope he can make it. We need more players with big balls.
Yeah hes very brave. Saw that tackle too it looked like the newcastle player went over the ball and caught him quite strongly and he was clearly hurt but didnt want to show he was in pain and didnt appeal for a free kick. Its a great attitude to have especially these days when players roll around on the ground at the slightest touch. Its the type of thing you used to see from Keano because he didnt want to show any signs of weakness.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Anyone post some stats for him. Height, left/right side etcJust interested:)
He's about 6'2", big lad, great engine on him, basically right-sided and has played very well at right-back when needed though he's really a central midfielder as he is fantastic at pitch coverage and pretty useful going forward.

jb8521

He's about 6'2", big lad, great engine on him, basically right-sided and has played very well at right-back when needed though he's really a central midfielder as he is fantastic at pitch coverage and pretty useful going forward.
Id say he's 5'10" or 5'11" at most

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury

No homo Pogue!

Nah on a serious not I agree totally we need some players ready to have a barny and willing to get stuck in.

Don't want no softies, we're United not Arsenal!

MPTutd

I will be really pissed off if Norwood gets a game ahead of Pogba or Tunnicliffe.

Norwood was also regsitered today. He has no future at OT, IMO.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Awesome news. I was quite impressed by how he fared up front at Crewe. Clever lad with good all-round ability.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Cheers Sinch, and he has big bollocks too which is TMI from Pogue but it's the detail on this site that impresses me

datura

I think it's a fair reward for the progress he's made this season. He seems a great lad to have around as he has a excellent attitude towards the game (as reference in a few examples above).

He has a force of will that not many players have and can lift the side when we're not playing well or losing.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Excellent. Like I said I was mightily impressed with him.

If we are winning with 25 mins to go I can see him getting some minutes.

lysglimt

Scout
Our Pogba certainly can...
Nah - a Pogba kind of player need someone like Tunnicliffe around him. Pogba has a lot of talent but he isn't very mobile - and he needs a really energetic player around him

jb8521

Nah - a Pogba kind of player need someone like Tunnicliffe around him. Pogba has a lot of talent but he isn't very mobile - and he needs a really energetic player around him
I think Pogba's style of movement can make it seem like he isnt very mobile he has a very long stride which makes it seem like he's never actually sprinting or working particularly hard but he covers a lot of ground breaking up the play and then popping up in the other teams box. I think his only real problem is stamina as he can fade at the end of games but as a 17 year old thats nothing that cant be worked on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah hes very brave. Saw that tackle too it looked like the newcastle player went over the ball and caught him quite strongly and he was clearly hurt but didnt want to show he was in pain and didnt appeal for a free kick. Its a great attitude to have especially these days when players roll around on the ground at the slightest touch. Its the type of thing you used to see from Keano because he didnt want to show any signs of weakness.
Exactly. Love seeing that attitude in a player and it's a rarity in the modern game. Scott Parker has a bit of that about him, come to think of it.

I used to think Rooney was the same but I don't know what I think about Rooney these days.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great news that he has been included in the squad, would be a great morale booster for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fergie on Tunnicliffe, Pogba and King
"They are progressing very well. You see that young Tunnicliffe in the youth team last week, he was outstanding. Josh King has come back from... he had a sort of, not a long term injury but he was out for 4 or 5 weeks, when he got injured playing for Preston but he's now back and playing really well for the reserve team. And as we always do when young players show potential, we try to include them first of all in the first team training, which they have done along with Paul Pogba who has done very well, also he's not in the 24 (for Europe) otherwise he would have been with us in Marseilles too. But they are making great progress and they are very strong boys; quick, aggressive boys, and so they have good chances."

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Put him in the midfield for the next match. He can't be any worse than ours was today.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
At least you know he'll throw a few rough challenges in.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Brilliant tonight for the 4th and in general, more and more people are realising his talent just one sticking point, is he a City fan? Just got told that now by someone

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think it matters but as long as he don't play like a city fan ;) then it dont matter. I've not heard that, we hears loads of crap at times like Scholes being an oldham fan etc. I think he's United through and though personally, which is good as he's a very very good prospect.