Ryan Tunnicliffe

Masterplan

AKA united07
Brilliant tonight for the 4th and in general, more and more people are realising his talent just one sticking point, is he a City fan? Just got told that now by someone
found this quote from 2007

"I started playing football when I was nine and after about three months I was spotted by Manchester United, playing at the Farnworth tournament," he said.

"I scored a goal from the halfway line and they took my name. They watched me a few times and then invited me for a trial."

And, although he’s a Manchester City fan, Ryan had no hesitation as he explained: "City were also interested, but United are a bigger and better club.

"Their youth set up is probably the best at my age group."
was really impressed with him tonight

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Out of interest, how much do people think Tunnicliffe stands out in comparison to the likes of Gibson, D.Jones, R.Jones, Hewson, even Matty James?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's better. Not seen that much of Matty James but I think Tunnicliffe is more the type we're despirate for. He's much more involved then Gibson, quicker. He's better then D Jones who had no chance at United with the talent ahead of him and the fact he was probably not strong enough week in week out. Didn't see much of richie Jones. Hewson was a decent young player but Tunnicliffe is probably more influencial.

If he keeps progressing, it's just a matter of time. People talk about other clubs, that he's not as good as Morrison etc but in his own way, he's just as effective.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
He's better. Not seen that much of Matty James but I think Tunnicliffe is more the type we're despirate for. He's much more involved then Gibson, quicker. He's better then D Jones who had no chance at United with the talent ahead of him and the fact he was probably not strong enough week in week out. Didn't see much of richie Jones. Hewson was a decent young player but Tunnicliffe is probably more influencial.

If he keeps progressing, it's just a matter of time. People talk about other clubs, that he's not as good as Morrison etc but in his own way, he's just as effective.
This is it, he knows what he is good at and makes it work for him.

Fancy tricks and tons of skill aren't for everyone, instead his grit, drive, determination amongst other things can help drive the team on. 2-0 down against Liverpool in the FAYC who was it that burst into their box and won the pen? 4th goal in the semi final second leg not everyone would have made that tackle then picked out Keane

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Out of interest, how much do people think Tunnicliffe stands out in comparison to the likes of Gibson, D.Jones, R.Jones, Hewson, even Matty James?
Totally different players.

David Jones was the most technically gifted of the players you mention and could run a game week in week out. His lack of pace let him down.

Hewson and R. Jones were decent but struggled as they progressed to a higher level.

Matty James has the ability and physical strength but has been injured most of the season. Next season is a big one for him.

Ryan Tunnicliffe has a tremendous engine, commitment, work effort, great tackler....but not as technically gifted as others. He makes up for that with his attitude.

D. Jones stood out much more than Ryan.

Drainy

Totally different players.
Ryan Tunnicliffe has a tremendous engine, commitment, work effort, great tackler....but not as technically gifted as others. He makes up for that with his attitude.
Completely agree with your assessment. He is a beast of a man who works hard, but not as gifted as others.
Tunnicliffe will be a fan favourite wherever he ends up playing. Hopefully at United, because his winner's attitude is great to see.

Virtuoso

This is it, he knows what he is good at and makes it work for him.

Fancy tricks and tons of skill aren't for everyone, instead his grit, drive, determination amongst other things can help drive the team on. 2-0 down against Liverpool in the FAYC who was it that burst into their box and won the pen? 4th goal in the semi final second leg not everyone would have made that tackle then picked out Keane
Talking about tricks and skills, does anyone recall that amazing skill that Tunnicliffe did inside the box at one of the FA Youth Cup matches this season? I think it was against Newcastle, or maybe the round after - not sure. It was great to see, sort of suggested that he really is trying to become a complete box to box midfielder. I remember last year seeing some very good footwork from him too playing in the Academy league, he certainly has many more facets to his game than what you would expect.

Drainy

Talking about tricks and skills, does anyone recall that amazing skill that Tunnicliffe did inside the box at one of the FA Youth Cup matches this season? I think it was against Newcastle, or maybe the round after - not sure. It was great to see, sort of suggested that he really is trying to become a complete box to box midfielder. I remember last year seeing some very good footwork from him too playing in the Academy league, he certainly has many more facets to his game than what you would expect.
His footwork and balance are very good. Especially when hes making driving runs with the ball.
I personally just feel he lacks a little bit of ability with his passing technique. He does the 'simple' passes well, inside of the foot and more long range cross field balls.
I just think he falls short when the "Inside of the foot" short pass isn't on and it requires a more lofted short pass. He then tries to run with the ball to make space rather than trust his passing ability, I just wonder if that would work against more experienced and powerful players in more defensive sides.

People don't agree with me or think I'm being overly critical, but that's where I see his biggest problem being at the moment.

MPTutd

Reminds me of Roy Keane when he burst into the Forest side. Has the same attributes and limitations, but his desire, strength, speed and attitude will see him a long way. If he develops he will go a long way.

If we were playing in the CL final tonight and I HAD to pick between Gibson and Tunnicliffe, I would pick young Ryan.

I think he will be out on loan next season. I think the fact he is English and his attributes mean he will probably be a success on loan.

Decotron

Reminds me of Roy Keane when he burst into the Forest side. Has the same attributes and limitations, but his desire, strength, speed and attitude will see him a long way. If he develops he will go a long way.

If we were playing in the CL final tonight and I HAD to pick between Gibson and Tunnicliffe, I would pick young Ryan.

I think he will be out on loan next season. I think the fact he is English and his attributes mean he will probably be a success on loan.
:lol: poor Gibson.

Drainy

Zeki Fryers has confirmed pretty much that Tunnicliffe is on twitter now.
He says he's not a city fan and never has been, for those concerned ;)

Devil may care

I know some had the idea that he could be integrated into the first team next season but I think this would make a lot more sense, it seems he will take the path Cleverley has.

Striker10

I think that we'll loan some out and keep some. Ryan will hopefully show his quality and have an injury free season -fingers crossed-

MPTutd

Makes sense. I can't see us having Pogba, Morrison and Tunnicliffe coming through next season.

Ryan is the best choice for a loan from those three.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Thought this might happen, this season. Should imagine we'll keep Pogba and Morrison in the reserves, with a view to the odd Carling Cup match and sub appearance.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
We could loan 2-3 promising youngsters to Peterborough, perfect place for them to go.

Tribec

We could loan 2-3 promising youngsters to Peterborough, perfect place for them to go.
I think the same was suggested when Fergie Jr moved to Preston, and was seen as even better due to the location. However it didn't turn out great. Loans are always dangerous like any move, and whilst I do think Tunnicliffe will come on in leaps and bounds with regular football at this level, it will depend on him playing regularly.

I'd rather see a couple of lads go down to a team where we've worked with a manager before. Watford's been a good place for us, as was Wigan last year, and I'd certainly think Blackpool would be a good fit for a loan player to go from us. However, it's all pie in the sky till the deals struck.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Welbeck and James did well at Preston. James and later King were unlucky with injuries whilst there though. Fergie Jnr has always been willing to give our youngsters playing time.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Playing regular Championship footie next season would be absolutely perfect for Tunners. Seems more difficult to figure out Pogba and Ravel's ideal path.

forevrared

Morrison will almost definitely be kept under Fergie's watch until he's made it or he's decided he doesn't want to make boatloads of money playing football.

Pogba may be ready for a Premiership loan next season a la Cleverley or Wilshere. Give him a few minutes in the Carling Cup this season and maybe a spot on the bench occasionally.

forevrared

Ryan's said on Twitter the loan is until January, hopefully he gets a chance in the first team after Christmas.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Ryan's said on Twitter the loan is until January, hopefully he gets a chance in the first team after Christmas.
i would think that unlikely myself.

isn't there a rule that a team can only have 2 season long loans on their books, so it could be Tunnicliffe is on loan for the first half of the season, then will be loaned to them again for the second half of the season, simply to get around the season long loan issue, allowing Peterborough to sign a couple of other players.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Ryan Tunnicliffe
A big thanks to @FootballAgentPM for getting me a good loan move to peterborough! Looking forward to the opportunity & challenge!
20 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

RyanTunnicliffe
Loan til january at peterborough! Looking forward to playing for them and winning games! One and only goal, Manchester United first team!
17 hours ago

Striker10

Think that guys jumping on the bandwagon somewhat (referring to article) :cool: If he stays fit and plays i'm sure people will be raving about him because people always love players who give everything and Tunnicliffe does that.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Gotta say I'm surprised by the hype Ryan is getting. He keeps getting mentioned as 1 of the 3 to watch from the youths, but I don't think he's in the same bracket as Morrison or even Pogba. I know the fans love a trier, but he still has a lot more to prove than the others as i see it.

Striker10

Gotta say I'm surprised by the hype Ryan is getting. He keeps getting mentioned as 1 of the 3 to watch from the youths, but I don't think he's in the same bracket as Morrison or even Pogba. I know the fans love a trier, but he still has a lot more to prove than the others as i see it.
He's a different type of player to the two you mentioned. He's more box to box, but he can play a bit. I think that's an understatement, he's better then that. He compliments the other midfielders. He's the type we need.

MPTutd

I think he is a great player. He might not have the skills of Morrison or Pogba, but his desire and workrate set him apart from many others.

Ringo 07

Peterborough boss Ferguson tipping Man Utd kid Tunnicliffe for big things | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com
Peterborough United boss Darren Ferguson is convinced Manchester United midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe is set for big things.

Tunnicliffe is impressing on-loan with the Posh.

“He’s very highly thought of at United and has a big future in the game," said Ferguson.

“He can play on the left or right of the diamond and he could also play in Grant McCann’s position so I expect him to make a big impact with us.

“The Championship is a tough league, but Ryan has the ability and the attitude to do well in it.”

Striker10

I hope he meant Giggs? :)
why? That's showing disrespect to a player who gives everything and his only 'crime' in peoples eyes is inexperience - what he has that Giggs don't, is legs because in the champions league, Giggs was chasing shadows. I don't often disagree with Sir Alex, but it was almost like playing with 10 men.

Fabio played ahead of some very experienced defenders which should have been the writing on the wall really for the change we're going through.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
why? That's showing disrespect to a player who gives everything and his only 'crime' in peoples eyes is inexperience - what he has that Giggs don't, is legs because in the champions league, Giggs was chasing shadows. I don't often disagree with Sir Alex, but it was almost like playing with 10 men.

Fabio played ahead of some very experienced defenders which should have been the writing on the wall really for the change we're going through.
Disrespect? Crime? You don't half talk nonsense about young players at the club.

If you seriously think Fergie made a mistake by playing Giggs ahead of Tunnicliffe in the CL final you need your head examined.

Striker10

Disrespect? Crime? You don't half talk nonsense about young players at the club.

If you seriously think Fergie made a mistake by playing Giggs ahead of Tunnicliffe in the CL final you need your head examined.
Not at all. Where did i say, Tunnicliffe should have played ahead of Giggs? your problem is you read too much into things...If you care that much you should see what I said at HT during the champions league final. If you think Giggs wasn't a passenger in midfield, your dreaming. It was a remark that, in the champions league final it was UNFAIR on Giggs because their passing (barcelonas...) was cutting him out of the game and in effect we were playing with ten men. It's not to do with Giggs, it's to do with he's 38 and didn't deserve to be in a situation where he was in effect being given the run around with the eyes of the world watching - not to mention we were trying to win the game....it was clear as f*ing day. That in turn puts pressure on our other midfielder/s and it makes it mission impossible. Barcelona play half touch football, and I have a right to disagree with Sir Alex but that is all it is.

Now if someone says this kid or that kid and people don't take it serious then I would question what it's based on. His lack of football or maybe the person hasn't seen much of him? People have a right to ask. If someone had of said Fabio against Barcelona ahead of brown..o'shea? People would say it's crazy, wouldnt they.....Even at that point, Fabio was inexperienced...Therefore, people have a right to recognize the type of players we have, as they may be more suited to the role required. To spare you, I said he should have been taken OFF at HT...I didn't say pre match...'Giggs?...Tunnicliffe should be playing'...did I....