Ryan Tunnicliffe

Forevergiggs

This is nonsense.

Never understood why they can't hire a chauffeur. It amazes me that how many famous people get caught drunk driving. Mental.

Hire a fecking cab you idiots!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
2pm in the afternoon, possible he's just had a pint at lunch and so blown a high reading because it's so recent. He's been arrested on suspicion but there's nothing about any charges, let's wait and see what comes of it.

Clearly a crap driver, though, glad nobody was hurt.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's always struck me as being a bit of a feckwit.

His playing style consists of being not that good at football and going around trying to prove he's proper hard. It's only in the last year he seems to have aquired the ability to play simple passes.

gfactor86

What a fecking twat. Hope he gets locked up as any member of the public would

The Neviller

2pm in the afternoon, possible he's just had a pint at lunch and so blown a high reading because it's so recent. He's been arrested on suspicion but there's nothing about any charges, let's wait and see what comes of it.

Clearly a crap driver, though, glad nobody was hurt.
Are we allowed to call him a twat?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Everyone makes mistakes. It is disappointing, but it was going to happen.

The biggest mistake would be not learning from his mistake. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the accident and Ryan has learned something very valuable without causing any serious harm.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
This is nonsense.

Never understood why they can't hire a chauffeur. It amazes me that how many famous people get caught drunk driving. Mental.

Hire a fecking cab you idiots!
Why would he hire a chauffeur to test drive his new wheels? Seems absolutely retarded to do though. Kids in football have too much money these days.

@gfactor86: Members of the public don't get sent down for first offence drink driving, he'll get points on his licence and a ban. Probably have to go on a speed/driving safety awareness course too.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
60 grand car and he's in the reserves? Lucky feck.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Glad nobody was hurt, but damn I hate drunk driving :mad: If that part of the story is accurate then I imagine the club will kick his arse and rightly so.

Smores

I'd hope it was a matter of him being drunk from the night before and not realising.

Since moving down south I've come to realise the wealthier drink drive far more frequently than the rest of us.

The Neviller

Seems like there´s a bit of a tradition crashing cars among our youth, good thing he didn´t hurt himself or someone else. What kinda wages are our reserves on anyway? If this guy can afford a 60k car his wages must be pretty nuts.
People on £30,000 a year wages can afford cars at half the price of his, for doing normal day-to-day 9-5 jobs. He's a professional footballer. A £60,000 car isn't hugely excessive, and he wouldn't need to be on £30,000 a week to afford one.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

His playing style consists of being not that good at football and going around trying to prove he's proper hard. It's only in the last year he seems to have aquired the ability to play simple passes.
He likes a tackle but I'm not sure where you've got that from, he's always been a decent if not terrific footballer technically, more than able to play simple passes and was a great compliment to Pogba and Morrison in the Youth Teams.

Anyway he was a silly boy and the club will deal with it appropriately.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

I don't think he'll make it here, but this is incredibly unfair! Was really, really good for our academy. Those runs whereby he used to just blast past about 4 players were quality.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Harsh, very harsh.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He always used to wind me up in the reserve/youth games because he'd constantly be the most brainless player on the pitch, and there's nothing particularly stand out about him ability wise. He just has a lot of drive.

The more recent games he seems to have been a fair bit better at picking the right pass, but I still don't really get why people rate him all that highly.

He didn't compliment Pogba or Morrison in the youth team anymore than anyone else did. Those two stood out ridiculously in every single game.

ArmchairCritic

I disagree with that, ability wise Morrison and Pogba always stood out but not performance wise comparative to Ryan. Ryan did a job and he did it very well, his determination and drive are his biggest assets but for me he's always been solid enough on the ball, he's no playmaker but he keeps it simple.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I disagree with that, ability wise Morrison and Pogba always stood out but not performance wise comparative to Ryan. Ryan did a job and he did it very well, his determination and drive are his biggest assets but for me he's always been solid enough on the ball, he's no playmaker but he keeps it simple.
Morrison and Pogba didn't stand out performance wise? Come on now

Do people just alter their own memory based on who does and doesn't stay at the club?

ArmchairCritic

Do people just alter their own memory based on who does and doesn't stay at the club?
Morrison and Pogba weren't significantly better than Tunnicliffe performance wise in the Youth Team, they had better games but he was more consistent. That is partly influenced by his style of play but he's no hatchet man which you seem keen to portray him as.

KM

They did stand out(Morrison stood out even when he was 15), but I think you're generalizing too much with regards to Tunners. His Drive is one of his main assets, but you're too harsh in calling him Lee Cattermole.

IMO, he was our best player at that Anfield game. Controlled the match.

KingEric7

It's the comment about simple passes that seems a bit extreme. He has never been technically inept to the extent that you could say that about him.

ArmchairCritic

It's the comment about simple passes that seems a bit extreme. He has never been technically inept to the extent that you could say that about him.
Exactly, Morrison and Pogba were always the two who looked terrific and of course they are far more technically gifted than Tunnicliffe however Tunnicliffe complimented them well and was no shrinking violet, it would easy for him to sit back with those two in front of him but he didn't. It was an excellent Youth Team full of very good players.

Ole90+3

Everyone makes mistakes. It is disappointing, but it was going to happen.

The biggest mistake would be not learning from his mistake. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the accident and Ryan has learned something very valuable without causing any serious harm.
I've never made a mistake that could endanger people's lives. I'm sorry, but this is completely inexcusable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Its only a matter of time before someone gets killed in one of these accidents.

With regards to Tunnicliffe, im with Noodlehair. His drive and aggression will stand out in youth and reserve leagues, but he'll be run of the mill once he's amongst men.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
In terms of decision making I mean. Anyone who knows how to kick a football can technically play simple passes. Until recently half the time he'd either not spot the pass, or pick the wrong one and play us or himself into a blind alley.

Morrison and Pogba weren't significantly better than Tunnicliffe performance wise in the Youth Team, they had better games but he was more consistent. That is partly influenced by his style of play but he's no hatchet man which you seem keen to portray him as.
Yes they were. Morrison and Pogba were significantly better than anyone they were in the youth team with, apart from each other.

They did stand out(Morrison stood out even when he was 15), but I think you're generalizing too much with regards to Tunners. His Drive is one of his main assets, but you're too harsh in calling him Lee Cattermole.

IMO, he was our best player at that Anfield game. Controlled the match.
It wasn't me who brought Lee Cattermole into this...but, Lee Cattermole has made a decent career for himself and held his own in the Premier League. You couldn't play "Tunners" in a Premiership midfield at the moment. He struggles enough against reserve sides. This isn't even a particularly harsh criticism of someone his age...but I don't understand what Cattermole has to do with anything, or why he's being used as some kind of comparative insult.

If you're on about that Anfield game that Morrison basically won on his own, to the point where Liverpool's tactics became to deliberately try and get him sent off, then I reckon Morrison was the best player in that.

ArmchairCritic

Yes they were. Morrison and Pogba were significantly better than anyone they were in the youth team with, apart from each other.
Ability wise I've already said that and agreed with you, I just think you've really underrated Tunnicliffe, he was very good in that Youth Team. The simple passes point was the bone of contention. He was much more than just a hatchet man.

KM

It wasn't me who brought Lee Cattermole into this...but, Lee Cattermole has made a decent career for himself and held his own in the Premier League. You couldn't play "Tunners" in a Premiership midfield at the moment. He struggles enough against reserve sides. This isn't even a particularly harsh criticism of someone his age...but I don't understand what Cattermole has to do with anything, or why he's being used as some kind of comparative insult.

If you're on about that Anfield game that Morrison basically won on his own, to the point where Liverpool's tactics became to deliberately try and get him sent off, then I reckon Morrison was the best player in that.
Morrison was brilliant, but it was Tunners who was very instrumental in bringing us back in the match.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I've never made a mistake that could endanger people's lives. I'm sorry, but this is completely inexcusable.
Then you are in a very exceptional minority my friend. Most of us have been in such a situation, sometimes the victims, and a lot is learned from the outcome. You may very well convincingly argue that it is inexcusable. For me, the fact remains that he committed a mistake a lot have or will commit. For me, the only inexcusable thing from this entire event is if he does it again in the future.

KingEric7

In terms of decision making I mean. Anyone who knows how to kick a football can technically play simple passes. Until recently half the time he'd either not spot the pass, or pick the wrong one and play us or himself into a blind alley.
Oh, thought you meant he couldn't even pick a pass out previously! Never really thought there was anything more amiss about this side of his game than with most youngsters of his age, type and position, but fair play. He's not exactly well known for his passing and vision, I suppose. Do agree that he's probably not got enough to make it here, but I was quite excited about him at academy level.

Comsmit

He's a fecking berk plain & simple. A couple of weeks after he makes his competitive first-team debut he goes and does this....ridiculous at any time. It's a serious error of judgement and to me it raises legitimate questions about his general attitude and decision making.

To be honest he isn't a player who particularly excites me anyway...he doesn't have anything special to offer in his armoury. When the biggest compliment to a player is that "he has great drive and determination" and "he can fecking tackle" it says all you really need to know. He is an average prospect nothing more...nothing less.