Ryan Tunnicliffe

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You're rambling now, so I'm not sure I can be arsed but here goes. You jumped on someone for a post made ages ago - accusing them of disrespect - for jokily pointing out that of our two Ryan's he would hope that Fergie picked Giggs ahead of Tunnicliffe for the CL final. Which was, obviously, a very strange thing to do. When you post strange things (as you often do) chances are someone will take you up on it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You're rambling now, so I'm not sure I can be arsed but here goes. You jumped on someone for a post made ages ago - accusing them of disrespect - for jokily pointing out that of our two Ryan's he would hope that Fergie picked Giggs ahead of Tunnicliffe for the CL final. Which was, obviously, a very strange thing to do. When you post strange things (as you often do) chances are someone will take you up on it.
You're right about the first point. That's ofcourse if I looked at the date he posted it? But you with your crystal ball.....The second point is you being overly maternal and abusing your position to take cheap shots. As for saying strange things....well, I have ideas about football but you read from a text book so naturally we'll disagree. What do you expect?

We're a club that embrace the youth. I remember dickheads jumping on people for saying trust the youth at the club....people have short memories. That's exactly what Sir Alex has done and is doing. You'll notice I never talk about other clubs youngsters and that's personally what i find strange. Sorry, if i'm aware of the talent we have, which everyone connected to the club agrees with including Sir Alex (who was talking about Cofie two years ago to someone at mutv), Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs etc...but we're not allowed to accept

Gives sglowrider a handshake :angel:

Cold_Boy

How is he doing there?

What are the opinions of him from their fans?

Minkaro

How is he doing there?

What are the opinions of him from their fans?
Just did a quick search on "The Posh Forum"

In one thread (entitled "Ryan Tunnicliffe") they seem delighted that he's saying, although one person seems more impressed with Scott Wooton.

In another thread, somebody describes him as "An excellent prospect, especially so going forward down the middle."

Grant McCann is currently injured, which they think will mean more chances for Tunnicliffe.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Tunners shielded the back 4 well enough, which was clearly his primary task today. Surprised Fergie Jr. didn't give him more freedom at 0-2.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thought he played alright considering he was up against a Prem side in good form

lysglimt

Scout
Wootton had some dreadful passes....lucky not to cost them a couple of goals

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
His attitude is bang on, he's got a very good chance of making it here, nothing is guaranteed though.

prateik

Yep. Seems to be a sensible guy.
He has a great chance of making it. Just hope he gets a good loan deal next season, like Cleverley/Welbeck did, where he get games and kick on.

forevrared

I've always thought he had the best chance of making it of the midfielders from the FAYC team. Probably not as skillful as Pogba or Morrison but he's got his head screwed on straight and seems like he wants it more. He just has something about him that sets him apart from the likes of Hewson, Drinkwater, Ritchie Jones and the others who've just faded away after seeming like a sure thing.

Sewelly The Geordie

I've always thought he had the best chance of making it of the midfielders from the FAYC team. Probably not as skillful as Pogba or Morrison but he's got his head screwed on straight and seems like he wants it more. He just has something about him that sets him apart from the likes of Hewson, Drinkwater, Ritchie Jones and the others who've just faded away after seeming like a sure thing.
I go to watch Hartlepool and you could see why Ritchie Jones never made it. Plays like he thinks he's infinitely better than what he is.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Will he be already ready for a Premier League loan next season for a club like Wigan or is it better for him to go to a top Championship club?

Unfortunately i haven't seen much of him at Peterborough.

But i've seen enough of him in his games for United that he's a massive talent.

prateik

:nono:

Will he be already ready for a Premier League loan next season for a club like Wigan or is it better for him to go to a top Championship club?
At the moment, probably not. But he has only been there for half a season and was on the bench quite often at the start of the season (then other injuries meant he got a place in the first XI).

Another thing is that the players are limited in some respects by the squad they are playing with.
Welbeck looked decent but nothing special when he was at Preston for a few weeks, though he scored a cracker from what I remember. But he was ready for the league and stepped it up when he was at Sunderland.
That said, Welbeck was a special case. He had already played in the FA cup semis for us.. and done well.

PS18

Not sure any of those guys were really regarded as sure things to be fair.

forevrared

Gibson and David Jones were probably two better examples, but I certainly remember a good deal of hyper about Ritchie on the message board I was on back then. It was before the days of youth team matches being widely available online so I never saw much of him myself, which was probably why there was hyper in the first place.

lysglimt

Scout
there was one season where David Jones was so good for our reserves that he was 2 levels above everyone else. He bossed the midfield every game he played!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
there was one season where David Jones was so good for our reserves that he was 2 levels above everyone else. He bossed the midfield every game he played!
TBH that was hardly a vintage year for the youth.I saw them a lot and they really do not match up to last year's FAY Cup winning team...not a bad team but we do have better now

Drainy

I'm guessing he's talking about David Jones? Ritchie Jones would be a very strange player to single out as someone that was once considered a "sure thing".
I think he's talking about players with similar qualities. Energetic but tidy footballers rather than technical or flair players. Without a doubt David Jones was on a different level technically than the other players mentioned.

Minkaro

RyanTunnicliffe Ryan Tunnicliffe
I won't be going anywhere. As long as united offer me contracts. I will always be signing them. #mufc

I like him.

Ole90+3

So what is this guy like, only seen him a few times for the reserves. Is he similar type of player to Cleverley? What is his primary position?

People seem to think he has the mentality to make it at United. Hope so.

lysglimt

Scout
So what is this guy like, only seen him a few times for the reserves. Is he similar type of player to Cleverley? What is his primary position?

He is a Gerrard-light kind of player imo....he scores too little though, but a typical hard-tackling box-to-box midfielder. And he appears to have a hell of a winning attitude - everytime United did poorly, he was always the one who took charge to get United back into the game

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

He's a bit of a throw back to the committed, strong tackling, good passing, can break with the ball type midfielder. Box to box. He's good at injecting into games

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Want to thank all the peterborough fans for the great support I received while I was there. I had a great time & made some great friends!
Also I hope you enjoyed watching me play & know that I gave 110% every time I pulled on the shirt! Thanks #pufc
Welp, that was a fun loan move...

prateik

Will take Poggers place in the squad. Facht.. or maybe not. Might go out on loan where he is a starter.

ArmchairCritic

It was a youth loan so it would run out now unless Peterborough renewed it, I think SAF's presence at Peterborough last week was related to this. Tunnicliffe has done well for a young player playing the Championship but he needs game time, makes sense for everyone to let him come back.

ArmchairCritic

Ryan on getting verified on Twitter said:
Not complaining that its there just didn't think I had done anything to deserve a little verified status But now it there looks semi alright
I really like his attitude, refreshing with what happened to Ravel and with all the rumours around Pogba. Really hope he makes it here.