Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listar

Are we signing him and if so will he actually solve our midfield problems?

SER19

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I am warming to this signing massively, which can only mean he's going to end up at Chelsea.

Bwuk

Can't say I've seen much of him but I'd be surprised if he wasn't better than our current options.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know why he would choose Chelsea. He would be a perfect place holder for someone like Gilmour to return next summer, but he would effectively be our 4th choice midfielder and maybe get 10-15 starts during the season. I don't know if he'd walk straight into United's midfield but he'd, at the very least, be a regular rotational option.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is definitely going to be one of those times where the majority of the CAF write off Saul and then he goes to Chelsea and then those same posters bitch and moan about the club for not signing him.
I’ve yet to read any kind of positive post from you, every time I see one it’s whinging about one thing or another so a bit ironic for you to have a go at the Caf collective

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Chelsea want a loan deal.
34 million and he is ours.
What's the hold up.
Need to see what level he's actually at now - obligation to buy means there has to be due diligence because he's on high wages we don't want to be lumbered with if he's genuinely lost some of what made him so coveted a few years back.

I hope we're trying to work out a pure loan for him with no strings attached.

Bestietom

Need to see what level he's actually at now - obligation to buy means there has to be due diligence because he's on high wages we don't want to be lumbered with if he's genuinely lost some of what made him so coveted a few years back.

I hope we're trying to work out a pure loan for him with no strings attached.
Yes, That would be better, if we could sort it.

Alfie092

I love Saul Niguez and think he is a brilliant player! However, he has regularly played as 1 of 2 central midfielders in a flat 4-4-2, has regularly played on the left wing, or played as a 8 in a 4-3-3, well from the games I have watched Atletico. My concern is if we are apparently looking to switch to a 4-3-3, I haven't seen him play as a 6 and not sure how he will do. A midfield 3 of Saul, Pogba and Bruno doesn't strike me as a midfield with balance but feel it would do well vs the lesser teams but against the better teams we may struggle.

Unless Ole feels with Sauls defensive attributes, which is does have and does put in a shift defensively and the fact we appear to have a solid back 4, may believe having a more offensive minded midfield would work?

Only way I personally see it working is if we stick with a 4-2-3-1 (which I don't want) and play Saul as 1 of the 2 holding players. Whether it's Matic, McTominay or Fred and that way we have a more attack minded number 6 instead of the usual 2 of McFred who have no real attacking skillsets if we are honest.

Neves probably makes more sense but if Niguez is available on loan and IF there is no obligation to buy, unless he players in x number of games then we should be all of this signing and try beat Chelsea to him. If he works out awesome, if not then go all out to sign the best of the best number 6s next summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I’ve yet to read any kind of positive post from you, every time I see one it’s whinging about one thing or another so a bit ironic for you to have a go at the Caf collective
Am I wrong though? Am I wrong?

Would that or would that not happen?

....and to be fair I've never moaned about the club, only posters reactions to the whatever the club/ole/players do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Am I wrong though? Am I wrong?

Would that or would that not happen?

....and to be fair I've never moaned about the club, only posters reactions to the whatever the club/ole/players do.
If your sole purpose here as a poster is ONLY to moan at other posters, you might want to quickly rethink that strategy

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This sounds like our potential replacement for Pogba.

Loan allows to see if Pogba stays etc.

ghagua

Saul is a good player and at the right age. We should try and get a loan deal sorted out (like the Italian teams) and then see how he performs in the Premier league.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If your sole purpose here as a poster is ONLY to moan at other posters, you might want to quickly rethink that strategy
If that's what you took from that them so be it. I have had good conversations with people such as @Tom Van Persie every now and then and people have agreed with what I've said at times.

It's not my sole purpose by any means to have issues or moan at anyone & besides I never called anyone out in the post you quoted, I was just predicting what would happen, because I can for sure see it happening.

I'm not here to be a negative influence by any means.

Yep, the “I’m a better fan than you” routine is getting tiresome.
I've never claimed nor do I feel that I am better than anyone else.

If it's come across that way then apologies but it's never been the case from my end. Just pointing out things that I disagree with and giving my own opinion on it.

lucashood

I love Saul Niguez and think he is a brilliant player! However, he has regularly played as 1 of 2 central midfielders in a flat 4-4-2, has regularly played on the left wing, or played as a 8 in a 4-3-3, well from the games I have watched Atletico. My concern is if we are apparently looking to switch to a 4-3-3, I haven't seen him play as a 6 and not sure how he will do. A midfield 3 of Saul, Pogba and Bruno doesn't strike me as a midfield with balance but feel it would do well vs the lesser teams but against the better teams we may struggle.

Unless Ole feels with Sauls defensive attributes, which is does have and does put in a shift defensively and the fact we appear to have a solid back 4, may believe having a more offensive minded midfield would work?

Only way I personally see it working is if we stick with a 4-2-3-1 (which I don't want) and play Saul as 1 of the 2 holding players. Whether it's Matic, McTominay or Fred and that way we have a more attack minded number 6 instead of the usual 2 of McFred who have no real attacking skillsets if we are honest.

Neves probably makes more sense but if Niguez is available on loan and IF there is no obligation to buy, unless he players in x number of games then we should be all of this signing and try beat Chelsea to him. If he works out awesome, if not then go all out to sign the best of the best number 6s next summer.
No 433 Midfield with Pogba and Fernandes as the number 8s will be balanced. Youd need Kante on captain America super serum for it to work

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Why are Chelsea even in for one? They have loads of quality.
We have loads of quality when all 3 are fit. Kante has been injured a lot over the past couple of years and just missed our opening fixture. If he goes down again we’d struggle against the better PL teams. Jorginho struggles in a midfield 2 that doesn’t include Kante.

A 4th midfielder makes sense, I’m just not sure Saul is the solution.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
id love us to get him. but i believe he is going to chelsea
Im not convinced. Tuchel did say after Arsenal we have space for a midfielder and we are scouting for one, so a loan could be a quick easy option. I think it's likely that Marca will be the ones to follow on this deal. Madrid based

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Im not convinced. Tuchel did say after Arsenal we have space for a midfielder and we are scouting for one, so a loan could be a quick easy option. I think it's likely that Marca will be the ones to follow on this deal. Madrid based
We'll see. You do have need for a 4th choice, versatile, UCL level midfielder for the first team. Saul fits the bill and you can delay to pay. Sounds like a very good deal. Unlike us or Pool you don't even need to sell to make the move.

Deery

Dreary
I think people are sleeping on Bissouma I honestly think this kid has the makings of a world class player..

Gandalf

Should be..
I am not so sure. The scouting departments of every big club in the country have had years to watch him and there has never been a credible link to any of them making a bid or even sniffing around. Brighton fans suggest he shows up big now and again but is also very inconsistent. I think he is a level below what we need.

TheRedHearted

No ones sleeping on Bissouma, are they? 'Its just we're not linked with him at all, so why bother discussing him? The club seemingly aren't interested.
I believe this is the definition of the clubs sleeping on him.

Does anyone else think the club is exaggerating about needing to sell someone? If not we should offer players more aggressively for loans even the type where we pay some of the wages.

Deery

Dreary
I am not so sure. The scouting departments of every big club in the country have had years to watch him and there has never been a credible link to any of them making a bid or even sniffing around. Brighton fans suggest he shows up big now and again but is also very inconsistent. I think he is a level below what we need.
Kante was a second league player in France never seen many scout him, I wouldn’t just credit our scouting staff too highly either. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t have a great season and a big club pick him up…

You not a scout anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.