Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Stephen Howson, who does have pre-existing Utd Academy sources and more recently has buddied up with Rio, posted this last night:

Do you think Rio told him something?
Nah, he's just a Muppet like the rest of us.

Suedesi

I thought he was an Atleti player through and through and of really high quality - what happened for Atleti to put him on the selling cart? Why are Atleti keen on selling / loaning him out?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I thought he was an Atleti player through and through and of really high quality - what happened for Atleti to put him on the selling cart? Why are Atleti keen on selling / loaning him out?
Seriously, Saul has hit a rut and his form has been not at the level it was in the past for a year. He can get back, but last year was not great. Taking him on loan is a hope the move energizes him.

croadyman

Weird and bit disappointing we didn't at least match that offer of a loan with option to buy from Chelsea

croadyman

Seriously, Saul has hit a rut and his form has been not at the level it was in the past for a year. He can get back, but last year was not great. Taking him on loan is a hope the move energizes him.
Worst thing is you don't even need him with the midfield depth already there

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Worst thing is you don't even need him with the midfield depth already there
We do have a concern. It is legit. Our midfield has to play all out all the time. Kante is really been getting knicks here and there. We have to cover when he is out and rest him often. Jorginho, Kovacic, and Kante can operate at the level Tuchel needs. The drop off is massive with RLC and Ampadu.

Suedesi

Weird and bit disappointing we didn't at least match that offer of a loan with option to buy from Chelsea
If he's hit a rough patch, and he's far from a certainty I can understand why we're not fully committed to this transfer. Chelsea can take chances, we can't - we need a starting 11 midfielder NOW

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he's hit a rough patch, and he's far from a certainty I can understand why we're not fully committed to this transfer. Chelsea can take chances, we can't - we need a starting 11 midfielder NOW
Well, we aren't getting anyone . Saul is better than what we have and it's only a loan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We can take chances with a loan. In fact unless we have someone else lined up I'd argue it's foolish not to. Of course if he's only for sale we have to be smarter with our money.

Red Stone

We can take chances with a loan. In fact unless we have someone else lined up I'd argue it's foolish not to. Of course if he's only for sale we have to be smarter with our money.
Not if Atleti want an obligation to buy. Nothing worse than getting a dud and being forced to buy him. We've already wasted money on Fred and Donny. Our next midfielder has to be a sure thing.

SinNombre

Chelsea doesn’t want to take a chance either.

This is the standoff, both Chelsea and United want a loan with an option to buy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not if Atleti want an obligation to buy. Nothing worse than getting a dud and being forced to buy him. We've already wasted money on Fred and Donny. Our next midfielder has to be a sure thing.
I think it'll be an option to buy not an obligation.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I just read his weekly wage is around 300K Euros a week. If true that is never going to work for Chelsea.

Judas

Open to offers
The fact he’s been available all summer and we’ve shown no real interest is quite telling. If he goes to Chelsea I’ll be interested to see just how much he’s stalled as a player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Has been unlikely not because other signings but because our persistent keeping players like Donny who is not even used and 250k p.w like Martial sitting on the bench.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Has been unlikely not because other signings but because our persistent keeping players like Donny who is not even used and 250k p.w like Martial sitting on the bench.
What is it with VDB anyway? I don't understand that situation. Why is he being exiled like this? He was a good player at Ajax.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What is it with VDB anyway? I don't understand that situation. Why is he being exiled like this? He was a good player at Ajax.
Ole just won’t use him, nobody knows why. He’s actually looked good in the few minutes he’s had. Kinda reminds me of Jose with Shaw. Young & Darmian would get played out of position over him. Some managers just don’t like certain players.

Not really sure why Chelsea want Saul. They play 3-4-3, with Kovacic already sitting on the bench. Saul would be 4th choice most likely.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ole just won’t use him, nobody knows why. He’s actually looked good in the few minutes he’s had. Kinda reminds me of Jose with Shaw. Young & Darmian would get played out of position over him. Some managers just don’t like certain players.

Not really sure why Chelsea want Saul. They play 3-4-3, with Kovacic already sitting on the bench. Saul would be 4th choice most likely.
When on Earth has VDB looked good?

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Chelsea being extremely gluttonous. Wont be surprised if they get Kounde also just to sit him on the bench. The depth is already insane, why buy more? In a tight pinch Chalobah and Ampadu can both play in CM. They wont even loan out Hudson-Odoi to Dortmund, he wont play more then 300-500 minutes all season at Chelsea :houllier:

croadyman

Chelsea being extremely gluttonous. Wont be surprised if they get Kounde also just to sit him on the bench. The depth is already insane, why buy more? In a tight pinch Chalobah and Ampadu can both play in CM. They wont even loan out Hudson-Odoi to Dortumnd, he wont play more then 300-500 minutes all season at Chelsea :houllier:
Yeah their depth in that area is utterly ridiculous maybe Saul has seen what's happened to Donny and thinks he could end up in the same situation or perhaps always wanted to play for Tuchel

Matriac

He's not exiled, but he didn't take care of the chances he got last season, and then was incredibly unlucky to get injured in training at the same time as those he would have come in for.
It's just simple logic that if he hasn't shown enough in the past you won't choose him first when you need to turn around a result.
He seems to have bulked up quite a bit compared to when he got here, so I have hopes he'll manage to play a more important role this season.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If Atletico don't mind a loan with option to buy why aren't we in for him? I know he's a box to box but surely he's an upgrade on Fred or Mctominay who are starters? And if he isn't then surely he'd an upgrade on Matic who we are one injury away from starting

Abraxas

I think once they committed wages to Ronaldo it probably put somebody like Niguez out of the question, even on loan. There is always going to be a limit.

croadyman

I think once they committed wages to Ronaldo it probably put somebody like Niguez out of the question, even on loan. There is always going to be a limit.
Yeah think you are absolutely bang on about that

Status
Not open for further replies.