Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Let me get this right? we bid last week, whilst in advanced negotiations for Pedro, hear nothing from southampton, Ed to fly out to Barce then drop all Pedro interested to get mane when we have heard nothing to suggest he is available.

hobbers

- Chelsea's offer forced a decision on Pedro that we'd stalled on for over a month, LVG decided he didn't want him
- Scramble in the media to find out who the real target is
- Leak Mane interest to divert attention

That is what is happening here.

Hans Moleman

Why would we bid last week, whilst in advanced negotiations for Pedro, hear nothing from southampton, Ed to fly out to Barce then drop all Pedro interested to get mane when we have heard nothing to suggest he is available.
I heard a rumour that it's all a process

Godfather

Why would we leak this to the press though? If we are trying to save face we would be leaking stories of us bidding for Bale again. Or Müller. Or someone worldclass. Then we obviously would get rejected but at least we could say we tried. But saving face with Mane?

The White Pele

- Chelsea's offer forced a decision on Pedro that we'd stalled on for over a month, LVG decided he didn't want him

So you think we have somebody else lined up?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Worth remembering at these times even if we do not sign anyone else we still had a really good transfer window.
True but it was easier to say then already with Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio and Vidic in the squad. We still could use a cracking addition but I see where you're coming from.

Midfield problems are solved in almost every detail mainly thanks to LvG's and Woody's brilliant cooperation. That has to be said even today when things are bit in question.

hobbers

Mane has nothing to do with saving face and any journo suggesting it is brain dead.

So you think we have somebody else lined up?
Either that or LVG really, really loves Mane for some reason. But if we really wanted Mane news of a failed/non-existent bid would not have been leaked.

We didn't leak anything about Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweiny or Depay so there's not a chance we'd leak about Mane without an ulterior motive.

Ash_G

Feels a bit out of the blue this one and with Depay/Januzaj I think we could really use someone a bit more experienced to come in rather than another pretty young and definitely inexperienced player at the top level.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
This is totes blates a cover up for us getting Ronaldo back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On reflection, the closing weeks of a transfer window was a terrible time to fast-track all the newbies. Oh well. Live and learn.
The newbies are fine, I think. Only the old folks are losing it.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
In my dreams this is all a smokescreen until we announce the 56m signing of Griezemann.

Roman Bellic

Prick

So get criticised for getting rejected by Soton instead of rejecting Pedro.

Dante

Average bang
Why would we leak this to the press though? If we are trying to save face we would be leaking stories of us bidding for Bale again. Or Müller. Or someone worldclass. Then we obviously would get rejected but at least we could say we tried. But saving face with Mane?
Maybe there's a different player we're negotiating for and revealing this bid is a ploy to show that we have other option(s).

RedorDead21

Its hard to believe in a decisive season for LVG he would reject Pedro and go for Mane. People can rationalise the latter as much as they want but thats a gamble just not worth the risk. With some players if it doesnt work out its fine. The fans thought it would work, the media thought it would work, say Di Maria. Then there is a manager pumping for something from left field. When those don't work out the knives come out v quickly.

Godfather

Maybe there's a different player we're negotiating for and revealing this bid is a ploy to show that we have other option(s).
By telling the ppl we bid for Mane? (no disrespect I rate him, but still). Probably really to piss of Koeman as well.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I hope the reports that Southampton haven't received a bid are true. In fact I'm gonna be positive and say we're not seriously in for him. Surely there's someone better out there:rolleyes:

RedorDead21

So your saying not only Pedro was a leak from United (presumably as everyone both in Spain and in England had us signing him for the past 3 weeks) to now another diversion in Mane. A leak on a leak? I think all this leak talk is absolute bullshit. We do our business quietly. Ever since the media made up a story Woodward was leaving a tour to sign Cesc surely that put pay to the positives of leaking anything. There is not one undisputable positive from leaking anything.

hobbers

So get criticised for getting rejected by Soton instead of rejecting Pedro.
I doubt either Woodward or LVG care about criticism for not signing players who are not real transfer targets.

Either we're interested in Mane and are completely changing our secretive approach to transfers, or there's another target that the media haven't cottoned on to yet, thanks to this smokescreen. Those are the only two possibilities.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
By telling the ppl we bid for Mane? (no disrespect I rate him, but still). Probably really to piss of Koeman as well.
He won't take a lot of pissing off. His side were destroyed by Everton and looked clueless

Riz

The only way briefing the press with this as a smokescreen works is if we have someone far better in the pipeline. Otherwise if we don't sign anyone then don't sign Mane after this brief what the feck where we looking to achieve?

Dante

Average bang
Well, if we've been bidding for eg. Berahino, and West Brom have been dragging their heels because they think he's our only target, telling the world that we've bid for Mane makes it a race to cash in on their man.

starman

Given how quickly this was leaked to the press after the Pedro deal( how that weirdly transpired) and the fact Southampton denied any bid has been made, this does seem like a diversion of some sort.

Dont see how bidding for Mane is saving face, as suggested after the Pedro debacle. Probably only 1% of fans want him here over other potential targets

RedorDead21

I hope the reports that Southampton haven't received a bid are true. In fact I'm gonna be positive and say we're not seriously in for him. Surely there's someone better out there:rolleyes:
You mean like Mata? Or lets be honest a real striker coming in and Rooney being shunted out wide as he won't be dropped. Or Even Young probably our best outfield player last season....or perhaps a youth product from within who does really well on pre season tours....the list goes on.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I doubt either Woodward or LVG care about criticism for not signing players who are not real transfer targets.

Either we're interested in Mane and are completely changing our secretive approach to transfers, or there's another target that the media haven't cottoned on to yet, thanks to this smokescreen. Those are the only two possibilities.
Perhaps, but your illustration clearly stated they were diverting attention from Pedro to Mane which makes no sense as this is even worse seeing as we just got rejected and which shouldn't even be the case because as you say they don't care about criticism.

RedorDead21

Yeah, probably. Was just distracted by a newb who thinks that everybody he knows is laughing at him.
Pogue only last week you were saying our football was dire and the light in your life was getting so dark we had you on round the clock watch!

kiristao

This must be the first time that almost all of the caf will be happy if the bid is rejected and we don't sign him

Sparky Rhiwabon

So mane people voting "nay"!

I am guessing this is another case of many on here not having seen him play properly.

He is a great player - I would be more excited about this than Pedro (who was a functional signing, not that exciting)

Spoony

The People's President
Looks let's just give Southampton £100m and take Mane to Old Trafford. It's called the art of negotiation.

I'd be brilliant.

Dante

Average bang
So your saying not only Pedro was a leak from United (presumably as everyone both in Spain and in England had us signing him for the past 3 weeks) to now another diversion in Mane. A leak on a leak? I think all this leak talk is absolute bullshit. We do our business quietly. Ever since the media made up a story Woodward was leaving a tour to sign Cesc surely that put pay to the positives of leaking anything. There is not one undisputable positive from leaking anything.
The Pedro stuff was leaked from Spain. It looks like LvG was semi-interested but changed his mind.

The Mane leak seems to have come from United's end. But we're not the type of club that usually does that, as you say. So it begs the question why we've talked to the media now. Either we've suddenly changed our modus operandi or the Mane bid is being used as a negotiating tactic of some sort. There clearly is a positive if that tactic is the one I outlined. Woody is new to the world of football journalists, but he's not new to the art of negotiations.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Mane is a good player but I'd much, much prefer Pedro. What are we playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.