Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Hate these comparisons, we have next to no chance of signing Bale this summer so might as well lump in Messi before him as well.
Doesn't matter if we won't get him this summer according to most we've apparently bid for Bale this summer and nothing, we've agreed terms with Pedro he's gone to chelsea, now we've settled on a complete nothing player.

Revan

Assumptionman
If this is true then LVG/Woody have lost it.

I wanted Pedro (but not desperately) so not bothered much that we didn't sign him but signing Mane is something you expect Liverpool to do while the rest of the world laughs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So we fecked up the Pedro deal for this lad and we're not even gonna get him :lol:

Roman Bellic

Prick
We shouldn't be linked to players like this for more than 24hrs, we are Manchester fecking United.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Some people are going overboard with their criticism in my opinion. From what I've seen and heard he was one of Saints better players last season. He's fast and can dribble a bit as well. Not a dream signing but not one that should have people ready to hang themselves either.
He looked dangerous in their first match against us last season, end product was lacking that day though.

Varun

Staff
Nani was booed by his own fans and generally criticised for 3 years. All Mane would have to do is play 10 games and he would be an improvement on that.

I do agree if Nani was the same player as when we bought him.
If you think mane is the better player atm, we'll just agree to disagree. I like how every player suddenly becomes a level above when linked to us. Had this story broken out with the name Liverpool rather than Man Utd, we'd be laughing our asses off.

NinjaFletch

If this is true then LVG/Woody have lost it.

I wanted Pedro (but not desperately) so not bothered much that we didn't sign him but signing Mane is something you expect Liverpool to do while the rest of the world laughs.
Yeah exactly how I feel.

The fact we've fecked this one up to is hilarious, mind.

Varun

Staff
Some people are going overboard with their criticism in my opinion. From what I've seen and heard he was one of Saints better players last season. He's fast and can dribble a bit as well. Not a dream signing but not one that should have people ready to hang themselves either.
I won't mind mind the signing. I think he's an exciting yet inconsistent talent and is the right age to be developed. What I don't understand is that if we wanted such a player, why did we sell Nani?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So we fecked up the Pedro deal for this lad and we're not even gonna get him :lol:
In just last weeks of previous transfer window we scooped Blind, Di Maria and Falcao.

With some solid business in mind I think we can get someone class.

Roman Bellic

Prick
If you think mane is the better player atm, we'll just agree to disagree. I like how every player suddenly becomes a level above when linked to us. Had this story broken out with the name Liverpool rather than Man Utd, we'd be laughing our asses off.
Exactly.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Very true

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The 2nd option in the poll needs to be changed to "Ma-Nay".

I'm sure someone has already made this "joke" before.

Jev

He's not Pedro but I think he's a pretty good player. Considering he'll probably cost more than Pedro, it will look like a bad deal. Ultimately I hope it won't happen and we have something bigger up our sleeve but it's not like he couldn't be a decent option to have in our squad.

cyberman

Somebody send Woody the memo that we should only buy players from Madrid / Barca and Bayern.
Then Complain that we are wasting our time going after players from Madrid /Barca and Bayern.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Would of even took Salah over Mane tbh.
If we're open enough on Italian league market after signing Darmian then at some point why not... That lad is also quite young but I really think LvG should splash the cash on someone from highest shelf if possible but I definitely wouldn't be bitching about signing some talent from Serie A.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Worth remembering at these times even if we do not sign anyone else we still had a really good transfer window.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
So explanation is that everybody who you know is laughing.
All right.
Well we declare our interest in Pedro then end up trying to sign Mane after Pedro goes to Chelsea. Plus there's stories over us still trying to buy Muller so it is pretty dumb.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I was kind of expecting United not to buy any marquee signing. The club has added 5 players this summer (Bastian, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian and Romero) and wouldn't possible be in the position to spend some 60m on a world class article especially since DDG will be the next one going. However after selling ADM for such a big sum I did changed my mind. Its undewhelming to replace ADM with Mane.

Oh well we've seen worse, Giggs being replaced with Young, the best player in the world being replaced with one who had dribbled around 4 players in his entire career etc

Ananke

Wtf happened, expecting pedro deal to be done. And now Chelsea get him and we're looking at Mane?

I feel violated. Worse than when I have a bag of revels and there's a cleverly disguised raisin one looking like a caramel...

Godfather

Probably because nobody is capable of having a forensic knowledge of every player in the league. Until we're linked with them and suddenly everyone's an expert.
Nah. Teams are just ripping a pretty good Southampton side to shreds.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Somebody send Woody the memo that we should only buy players from Madrid / Barca and Bayern.
Then Complain that we are wasting our time going after players from Madrid /Barca and Bayern.
Yep because everyon here would complain about us signing a player from Torino, PSV or even Southampton.

Mali_Zeus

Well we declare our interest in Pedro then end up trying to sign Mane after Pedro goes to Chelsea. Plus there's stories over us still trying to buy Muller so it is pretty dumb.
Exactly stories. Other than Pedro deal the rest I regard as stories.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.