Saha is an ungrateful, disloyal bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Do contracts and loyalty mean nothing to these players anymore?

Once more Man Utd upset a club due to the manner in which they approached the player; can Man Utd ever do things by the book and not piss off every club they deal with?

Bearing Man Utd's dodgy dealings in mind, both club and newcomer deserve each other. Man Utd will be signing a ludicrously over-rated player for a ludicrous price - yet another big money dud signed by Fergie. The fact he has no loyalty whatsoever to the team that made him what he is should worry some Mancs. A few years down the line, he could well turn his anger on Fergie and the Man Utd board for whatever reason.
A real model professional you Mancs have signed...

Mickeyredlad

Re_Deus said:

Once more Man Utd upset a club due to the manner in which they approached the player; can Man Utd ever do things by the book and not piss off every club they deal with?

Bearing Man Utd's dodgy dealings in mind, both club and newcomer deserve each other. Man Utd will be signing a ludicrously over-rated player for a ludicrous price - yet another big money dud signed by Fergie. The fact he has no loyalty whatsoever to the team that made him what he is should worry some Mancs. A few years down the line, he could well turn his anger on Fergie and the Man Utd board for whatever reason.
A real model professional you Mancs have signed...
:lol:

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
peterstorey said:
More to the point he's a very ordinary player. Man Utd have spent £20M+ on him and Ronaldo when they could have bought a Ronaldhino or comparable world class player for that kind of money.
How could we have bouth Ronaldinho for that kind of money when a) PSG wanted more and b) he chose Barca?

What a strange thing to say

weirdo

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
peterstorey said:
He's being used as an example of the kind of quality you might expect for such an outlay as you well know you tosser.
Easy now...

We're looking for a squad-player, a back-up for Ruud. We won't get a world class player for that role.

Why are people so concerned with how much we pay, as long as it works? :confused:

weRutd&werule

soft as shite, demoted and now BANNED
peterstorey said:
More to the point he's a very ordinary player. Man Utd have spent £20M+ on him and Ronaldo when they could have bought a Ronaldhino or comparable world class player for that kind of money.
We spent slightly over £10m on a very good young player. He is one of the top scorers in the league and he has been playing for a below-average team. £10m really is small change to us. If there was a better player eligable to play in the CL then we would have bought him no matter what the cost. Ronaldo is the best young player in the world. Ronaldhino is a goofy cnut.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Re_Deus said:

you're a halfwit

Re_Deus

Little Englander
An Extremely Boring Man said:
What did United do wrong? :confused:
Obviously Man Utd did SOMETHING untoward that has pissed off both the Fulham manager and chairman. I doubt they're angry purely because Man Utd had the audacity to bid for their player.

Let's remember this isn't the first time Man Utd have pissed off another club. PSV have had to endure almost a yearly ritual in which Man Utd unsettle their players, resulting in critcism from their officials.
Now it's come to light that Man Utd's transfer of Klberson might have involved some illegal activity.
Man Utd's very approach to their transfer targets is rotten to the core, and it's time they showed some respect to other clubs by making legitimate approaches for their players, and conduct their deals in a fair manner.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Re_Deus said:
Obviously Man Utd did SOMETHING untoward that has pissed off both the Fulham manager and chairman. I doubt they're angry purely because Man Utd had the audacity to bid for their player.

Let's remember this isn't the first time Man Utd have pissed off another club. PSV have had to endure almost a yearly ritual in which Man Utd unsettle their players, resulting in critcism from their officials.
Now it's come to light that Man Utd's transfer of Klberson might have involved some illegal activity.
Man Utd's very approach to their transfer targets is rotten to the core, and it's time they showed some respect to other clubs by making legitimate approaches for their players, and conduct their deals in a fair manner.

Endure?? PSV profitted to the tune of nigh on 30 million pounds for 2 players who were never going to stay there.

Please explain a legitimate approach and please also detail how the case of Saha was not legitimate.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:

We're not talking about PSV - we're talking about Fulham and Saha.

mu77

Why are people so concerned with how much we pay, as long as it works?

they're investers - of course!

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
peterstorey said:
I'm happy if you sign second raters for top whack but I'm surprised that t you are since you will end up with a second rate team.
:lol:

I'm not going to worry about it even before he's signed for us.

Is Saha better than Bellion and Forlan?

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Dans said:
Endure?? PSV profitted to the tune of nigh on 30 million pounds for 2 players who were never going to stay there.

Please explain a legitimate approach and please also detail how the case of Saha was not legitimate.
From what we've been led to believe, Man Utd peppered Fulham with bids that did not match Fulham's estimate. Man Utd should have made ONE bid - the figure Fulham were asking. Other bids that fell short of Fulham's demands were designed to aggravate the player, who is a commodity of the selling club, to the extent that he’d end up asking for a transfer.

Once his mind was made up, Fulham had no choice but to sell Saha for a fee dictated by Man Utd, and NOT them. They were held to ransom by Saha, who threatened to leave for free unless his demands were met. I'm fairly sure Man Utd were instructing Saha and told him to kick up a stink that would eventually lead to his cheap sale.

This illustrates not just Man Utd's unprofessional methods in transfer dealings, but complete disloyalty from the starry eyed twit that forced his club to sell him when they were against it.

Dubai_Devil

Re_Deus said:
From what we've been led to believe, Man Utd peppered Fulham with bids that did not match Fulham's estimate. Man Utd should have made ONE bid - the figure Fulham were asking. Other bids that fell short of Fulham's demands were designed to aggravate the player, who is a commodity of the selling club, to the extent that he’d end up asking for a transfer.

Once his mind was made up, Fulham had no choice but to sell Saha for a fee dictated by Man Utd, and NOT them. They were held to ransom by Saha, who threatened to leave for free unless his demands were met. I'm fairly sure Man Utd were instructing Saha and told him to kick up a stink that would eventually lead to his cheap sale.

This illustrates not just Man Utd's unprofessional methods in transfer dealings, but complete disloyalty from the starry eyed twit that forced his club to sell him when they were against it.
Thats bullshit. United made one bid for £8 million, as they are entitiled to do, which was confirmed by Fulham. Saha wanted to leave and said that if he didnt leave, he would see out his contract, which he is entitled to do. All the other things you are saying is your opinion and you dont have one shred of proof to back it up.

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:
From what we've been led to believe, Man Utd peppered Fulham with bids that did not match Fulham's estimate. Man Utd should have made ONE bid - the figure Fulham were asking.
Happens in most commercial dealings throughout the world, not only football.

Dans

Re_Deus said:

Man you are a bitter one.

If Saha wants to go I'm sure just the one bid would have made his mind up don't you?

mu77

lol - my ass - coleman on the telly from his own mouth said united have done nothing wrong - he said saha's agent was more of a problem. and the process was a mailed/delivered wriiten bid. saha wanted to leave. so every player transfered to any team is an ungrateful, disloyal blah blah or just the ones that choose united?

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Dans said:
Man you are a bitter one.

If Saha wants to go I'm sure just the one bid would have made his mind up don't you?
Yes, but the bid was rejected, and he should have left it at that. Hence the disloyalty part. Scott Parker could also fall in this category if the speculation about him is true, but at least he's kept quiet and not gone running to the press, hoping their sensationlised headlines would help him win a move away.

If Man Utd wanted an ungrateful, disloyal tosser to lead their attack, they could have done much better. Jermaine Defoe would jump at the chance to join Man Utd and he's much better than one-season wonder Saha. And he's younger. And English...

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:
If Man Utd wanted an ungrateful, disloyal tosser to lead their attack, they could have done much better. Jermaine Defoe would jump at the chance to join Man Utd and he's much better than one-season wonder Saha. And he's younger. And English...
It makes me laugh how concerned so many non-United fans are with who we buy :lol:

Dans

Re_Deus said:
Yes, but the bid was rejected, and he should have left it at that. Hence the disloyalty part. Scott Parker could also fall in this category if the speculation about him is true, but at least he's kept quiet and not gone running to the press, hoping their sensationlised headlines would help him win a move away.

I'd suggest that as it was not United who were after Parker the press weren't quite so interested. A story about United sells a paper. You're not really as dumb as you're making out are you?

Davo

It makes me laugh how concerned so many non-United fans are with who we buy :lol:

?

Loads of fans off all clubs are interested in who other clubs buy....see your transfer forum

mu77

redues - parker was unsettled enough to be dropped - so i'd like to think that is about as bad as it gets. maybe you think that's ok - i mean to unsettle a player enough as to be dropped. saha was so unsettled he took the peno kick for fulham. you make the call - who is more unsettled? and do you think maybe the media played a more important role in the saha thing than any of the parties actually involved?

numlock

defoe better?

no contracts dont mean much. What you think of that kanu who has been getting huge wages but respecting his contract peter?

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Saha was scorer of 31 goals in fulhams promotion year thus moving them into the premiership and the riches there in. Saha was going to be sold off by Fulham this summer for only 4 million after an injury hit season. Saha is given the oppurtunity to move to the biggest club in the world 6 months later and is told he cant go. He has got fulham 5 times more in transfer fee then they paid for him, he has got them 3 years of premiership tv money, he has paid back the club hugely, and yet people thinks hes disloyal, for what exaclty, earning them £50 million?

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
peterstorey said:
It makes us laugh when we see who you've bought recently and for how much.
It makes me laugh when we win all these trophies, despite so many of your ilk telling us how bad our players are and how our empire is crumbling :lol:

Re_Deus

Little Englander
Dans said:
I'd suggest that as it was not United who were after Parker the press weren't quite so interested. A story about United sells a paper. You're not really as dumb as you're making out are you?
If Parker went to the press to complain then I would have included him in my initial criticism. I'm not impressed with his behaviour either, but he and Curbishley have at least kept the problem in house and the unsettled player has not squealed to the press, unlike Saha.

I think Parker will get his head down and continue playing for Charlton for the forseeable future, unless he goes down the path trodden by Saha and start demanding a move away.

Davo

There are a bigger interest in who United buy than who anyone else buy
Where?

On here maybe...

I'm as "interested" in who Arsenal or Chelsea buy as much as you....in fact, more so with Chelsea at the moment?

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Re_Deus said:
If Parker went to the press to complain then I would have included him in my initial criticism. I'm not impressed with his behaviour either, but he and Curbishley have at least kept the problem in house and the unsettled player has not squealed to the press, unlike Saha.
I reckon the likes of Louis Saha and Scott Parker are very concerned with the fact that you're not impressed with their behaviour

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Easy now...

We're looking for a squad-player, a back-up for Ruud. We won't get a world class player for that role.

Why are people so concerned with how much we pay, as long as it works? :confused:
I see your point. However, I get concerned for one reason - if United continue paying over the odds for every player, they are eventually going to hurt the club when x player wants a move but having spent more than the budget, it won't happen. Thanks to paying 20-60% over markert value. I just hope signing Saha does not mean we lose out on Robben and/or RVDV.

Status
Not open for further replies.